|Profession(s)||Theatre Artist, Actress, Model, Host|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-30-32|
|Debut||Film (Pakistani): Khamosh Pani (2003)
Film (Hindi): Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi (2005)
|Awards||• 2008 Screen Awards- Best Supporting Actress for 'Chak De India'
• 2014 Screen Awards- Best Actor in a Negative Role (Female) for 'B.A. Pass'
• 2014 Filmfare Awards- Best Actress (Critics) for 'B.A. Pass'
• Stardust Award
|Date of Birth||22 February 1982|
|Age (as in 2018)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Hajipur, Bihar, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|School||Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram, New Delhi|
|College||Miranda House, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduate|
|Religion||She was born into a Hindu Family but follows Buddhism.|
|Hobbies||Photography, Reading, Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Ajay Bahl (Film Director; rumoured)|
|Husband/Spouse||Mohit Tripathi (Associate Director)|
|Parents||Father- N.K. Shukla (Income Tax Officer; Died)
Mother- Namita Shukla
|Siblings||Brother- Tenzin Priydarshi (Buddhist Monk)
Sister- Name Not Known (Lawyer)
|Favourite Actor||Guru Dutt|
|Favourite Drink||Fruit Juice|
|Favourite Philosopher||Jiddu Krishnamurti|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shilpa Shukla
- Shilpa Shukla is of Ladhaki-Tibetan descent.
- She was born and raised in a family of civil servants, political leaders, and scholars.
- At the age of 16, Shilpa started doing modelling.
- She started her career as a theatre artist with the renowned theatre actor and director Maharaj Krishna Raina.
- Initially, Shilpa worked in Doordarshan-TV-serials, and thereafter, she started getting short roles in the movies.
- She has appeared in many Hindi movies like ‘Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi’, ‘Chak De India’, ‘Frozen’, ‘Rajdhani Express’, ‘B.A. Pass’, ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, ‘Bombairiya’, ‘Junction’, etc.
- Shilpa shot to fame in 2007 with the Bollywood movie ‘Chak De! India’ in which she played the role of ‘Bindiya Naik’.
- In 2013, her performance again earned laurels both from the public and critics as well; when she did bold scenes with a much younger boy in the film ‘B.A. Pass’; she went on to win several awards for portraying such a bold character.
- She has hosted the popular real-life crime based TV show ‘Savdhaan India’ (Mini-Series).
- Apart from TV serials and films, Shilpa has also worked in TVC ads, web series, and short films.
- In 2012, she rejected an offer given by Anurag Kashyap for the film ‘Gangs of Wasseypur;’ because, at that time, she needed a break.
- In 2014, Shilpa attended the Ladakh International Film Festival (LIFF) and the 33rd initiation of Kalachakra with the Dalai Lama as well.
- Her brother, Tenzin Priydarshi, is a founder of the Dalai Lama Centre For Ethics And Transformative Values at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the USA.
- Shilpa first met her husband Mohit Tripathi (associate director of B.A. Pass) at the Asmita Theatre Group in Delhi.
- In 2018, she was featured on the coverpage of magazine ‘Delhi Noir’.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡