|Being crowned as Femina Miss India United Continents 2019
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)
|• She became the Cultural President of her University. India Times
• She was invited as a chief guest for Annual Sports Day ‘19 at St Kabir Public School.
|Date of Birth
|25 March 1997 (Tuesday)
|Age (as of 2021)
|Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
|Bachelor in Business Administration
|Artwork, dance, dramatics
|Relationships & More
|Father- Achalesh Shanker (Brigadier in the Indian Army)
Mother- Abhilasha (Psychologist)
|Sister- Alina Shanker
|Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shreya Shanker
- Shreya Shanker is an Indian model who is known for winning the title of Femina Miss India United Continents 2019.
- She has been interested in modelling since childhood. She has driven herself to fashion since she was a child.
- She was also inclined towards sports, and she used to practice air rifle shooting. She was a state-level air rifle shooting champion. India Times She played golf, badminton and cricket as a hobby. She also liked doing horse riding.
- Shreya belongs to an army background and thus, she got a chance to study in 10 different schools that made her nature more understanding and adjusting. YouTube
- In 2019, Shreya represented Bihar in the Femina Miss India Contest. She won the Femina Miss India Bihar 2019 at FBB Colors Femina Miss India East 2019. Talking about her journey, she said in an interview,
It takes a lot of hard work, determination to reach where I am today. I have always dreamt of this and I think what helped me achieve my dream was the support of my parents. My mother always told me ‘you have it in you, you are our model, go achieve what you want to.’ After this, I am now looking at winning the international crown. I am all set for it and I am training myself really hard. I hope I will win the crown for India.”
- Besides winning these titles, Shreya was given the title of an ‘achiever’ by her friends. They said that when she was in school, she was very sure about what she wanted to do. Her school teachers said that she was humble and focused.
- In 2019, she represented India at the Femina Miss India United Continents. She won the competition and was crowned by former winner Gayatri Bhardwaj. In an interview, she talked about her preparation for the pageant and said,
I have been training regularly, going for my make-up and hair sessions, etiquette, mannerisms and I am also learning Spanish.”
- At the Femina Miss India 2019, Shreya was asked, “What does feminism mean to you?”, to which she replied, “seeking of equality with dignity and grace without belittling any gender.”
- After she returned back from Ecuador, she met the Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar Sushil Modi.
- During her homecoming, she was welcomed by her friends and family with flowers and music. In an interview, she talked about her friends and said,
I made so many friends here, who always encouraged me to achieve my dream of participating in the Miss India pageant. I also have my relatives here and it is only because of their and my parents’ support and blessings that I was able to achieve my dream. I never thought that one day I would return to this home with this crown.”
- Shreya also does social work and has volunteered with an NGO named ‘Seva Aur Sehyog.’ She wants to spread awareness about cognitive disability. India Times
- According to Shreya, every woman should have the quality of empathy, passion, and substance.
- She is an avid dog lover and in an interview, she said that everyone should have pets in their home.
- In 2019, she was featured on the cover of Femina magazine.
- In 2020, she walked the ramp for Lakme Fashion Week.