Shreyasi Singh (Shooter) Age, Height, Boyfriend, Caste, Family, Biography & More
Father: Digvijay Singh
Age: 29 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shreyasi Singh
- She was born and brought up in Delhi, yet her roots are in Bihar.
- Shreyasi hails from a politically strong background; as her grandfather, Surendra Singh and father Digvijay Singh were both the presidents of the National Rifle Association of India. Her father was also the Former Union Minister of Bihar and mother, Putul Singh is an Ex-MP from Bihar.
- After her class 10, she started shooting, and Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore was the first person who encouraged her to hold the gun.
- She has done her graduation in arts from Hans Raj College, Delhi and considers her college as a big support system for her sports career.
- Shreyasi has spent almost all three years of her college practising her game, and not attending classes. She also got failed in her Philosophy exam thrice, but her teacher helped her out to pass it.
- In an interview, she stated that if not a shooter, then definitely she would have become a politician. She told that growing up in a political environment has led her interest in politics, and after 15 to 20 years of her shooting career, she holds a vision to be somewhere in the parliament.
- After her father’s demise due to a brain haemorrhage in 2010, her focus got tilted a bit. She competed in both singles and pairs events at the 2010 Commonwealth Games and got sixth and fifth respectively, but she was thrown out of the team after this.
- She then changed her techniques, worked hard and her zeal towards shooting bagged her a silver medal in singles double trap event at 2014 Commonwealth Games. Shreyasi was just 2 points farther from gold medal; as she scored 92 points.
- In an interview, she shared the challenges she had faced to win her first medal. She even got a back injury, which led to a loss in her three days of training. She told that it was very much difficult for her to face the phase when she realised that she had lost the gold medal, but the very next moment she became determined for silver and bronze.
- In 2013, she represented India in the Trap Shooting World Cup, held in Acapulco, Mexico and won the 15th position over there.
- She has also won a Bronze medal in the Women’s Double Trap team event, along with Shagun Chowdhary and Varsha Varman at the Incheon Asian Games.
- Since her high school days, she has been working day and night on her game and shooting has added meaning to her life.
- In 2017, she represented Bihar at the 61st National Shooting Championship and won a gold medal.
- She has also got bronze in partnership with Kynan Chenai in the Mixed Team Trap at the 7th Asian Shotgun Championship.
- She got a silver medal at the 2017 Commonwealth Championships in Brisbane.
- In 2018, Shreyasi grabbed the gold medal in the women’s double trap at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.
- On 25 September 2018, the Government of India conferred Shreyasi Singh with the Arjuna Award.
- Shreyasi Singh entered into active politics on 4 October 2020 when she joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) at BJP headquarters in New Delhi; ahead of the Bihar Assembly elections.