|Known for||Becoming the first Indian woman and fourth in the history of the sport to register a half-century and take four-wicket on Test debut|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-34-36|
|International Debut||ODI- 19 January 2014 vs Sri Lanka in Visakhapatnam
Test- 16-19 June 2021 vs England in Bristol
T20- 26 January 2014 vs Sri Lanka in Vizianagaram
|Jersey Number||# 2 (India)
|Domestic/State Team||• Punjab Women
• Railways Women
|Coach(es)||• Narinder Shah
• Kiran Shah
|Batting Style||Right hand bat|
|Bowling Style||Right arm off-break|
|Date of Birth||18 February 1994 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||28 Years|
|School||Doon Valley Public School, Dehradun|
|College/University||BBK DAV College for Women, Amritsar|
|Tattoo||She has a tattoo inked on her left hand.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Late. Bhagwan Singh Rana (farmer)
Mother- Vimla Rana
|Siblings||Sister- Ruchi Rana
|Cricketer||Batsman- Sachin Tendulkar|
|Film||Bollywood- M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016)|
|Song||Sukoon Mila (2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sneh Rana
- Sneh Rana is an Indian cricket player who is known for becoming the first Indian woman and fourth in the history of the sport to bag a half-century and take four-wicket during her test debut.
- She belongs to a Rajput family. Her father was a farmer, and her mother was a homemaker. They supported her a lot throughout her cricket journey.
- Apart from cricket, she used to play badminton when she was young. In an interview, her sister, Ruchi talked about Sneh and said that she was a tomboy and always used to play with boys.
- When she was nine years old, she used to play cricket matches with boys. Her father saw her interest in cricket and got her enrolled in Little Master’s Academy, Dehradun.
- When she practised cricket at the ground, she used to bring English and Maths textbooks and teach other girls there.
- After playing cricket in Uttrakhand, she went to Haryana because there were no cricket associations in Uttrakhand. After playing the U-19 in Haryana, she became part of the Punjab cricket team.
- The first tournament that she played was when her club participated in a tournament in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. She was awarded the Women of the series award in the tournament.
- In an interview, her coach said that initially, Sneh was very shy to play in front of them.
- In 2016, she suffered from a knee injury and could not play international matches for five years. During this time, she used to play domestic matches. After the knee injury, she took treatment from the U Mumba Kabaddi team physio and gradually recovered. She did not wait for five years and made a comeback after two years of injury. In an interview, she talked about her comeback and said,
I had a tough time dealing with the injury. But I was hopeful and kept working hard and aiming for a comeback. A lot of people my age think they won’t be able to make a comeback, or that staging a comeback at the highest level gets tougher by the day. So, I hope, I have been able to inspire someone today with this. I do not think one should ever give up.”
- In the Women’s Senior One Day Trophy 2020-21, she took eighteen wickets while playing for Railways.
- In 2021, after she was selected for the women’s squad for her international test debut, in an interview, she said,
An emotional moment for me, being picked for the national team after 5 years, I’m very happy. I have never played here before, this knock will give me plenty of confidence going into the white-ball games.”
- In 2021, her father died before she made her debut as an international cricketer. In an interview, she talked about her father and said,
I lost my father two months back. It was a difficult and an emotional moment for me because he wanted to see me play for India. But unfortunately, he couldn’t. Whatever I will do now, I will dedicate everything to him.”
- In 2021, in an interview, Ramesh Powar, the coach of the Indian Women’s team, talked about Sneh and said,
Sneh Rana is the find of this series. The way she was bowling in the practice sessions in Southampton [India’s base prior to the start of the tour], we thought we should give her a chance. It was a difficult decision to play two offspinners [Deepti Sharma is the other], but she has played her role to the core. I am really happy for her. Being an offspinner myself, I can see the talent. She is someone who can play in crunch situations, and that is what we need right now. When the big tournaments and the big series come up, we need players of calibre, who can take pressure.”
- On 3 April 2022, she met the chief minister of Uttrakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami at his residence.
- In an interview, Sneh talked about Jhulan Goswami‘s work ethics and said,
See, she has reached a certain level and she knows very well how to manage her workload. I think we do not need to tell her, she is a legend. The management and medical team have conversations and then they take care of it.”
- In 2022, she appeared on ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ as a guest along with Jhulan Goswami and Harmanpreet Kaur.
- In an interview, she revealed that her father borrowed money from someone and sent her to play a tournament.
- Sneh’s home is decorated with all the awards she had won.
- She often posts pictures of her sketches and paintings on social media.
- She is a passionate animal lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.
- She hits the gym regularly and often posts pictures of her workout on social media.
- She often endorses various products and posts pictures and videos on social media.