Husband: Gautam Ankhad
|Full name||Sonia Gehlot Ankhad (after marriage) Sonia Gehlot’s LinkedIn Account|
|Famous for||Being the daughter of Ashok Gehlot|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Age (as of 2022)||Not known|
|Hometown||Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India|
|Educational Qualification||She holds a degree in architecture. LOKAYAT
Note: She has completed her formal education from Pune and Maharashtra.
|Caste||Backward 'Mali' (Gardener) Community (OBC) Rediff.com|
|Political Inclination||Indian National Congress|
|Address||House number 6a, Ganges Building, Banganga Cross Lane Walkeshwar, Mumbai-400006|
|Controversy||Allegations of wrongfully using her contacts: In 2011, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) accused Ashok Gehlot's daughter and son-in-law of using their contacts in the Rajasthan government to help Kalpataru Group bag several real estate contracts in the state. BJP also accused that for Sonia's assistance, she was rewarded by Kalpataru Group with a flat worth Rs 8 crore which was located in a posh locality in Mumbai. Kalpataru Group countered the allegations and said that the flat was given to Sonia as a mode of payment for her services while she worked with the organisation as an architect. Ashok Gehlot defended his daughter and son-in-law by calling the allegations false and a deliberate attempt by the BJP and some media houses to target his family. India Today LOKAYAT|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 2001|
|Husband/Spouse||Gautam Ankhad (lawyer)
|Children||She has a son and a daughter
|Parents||Father- Ashok Gehlot (politician)
Mother- Sunita Gehlot (homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Vaibhav Gehlot (politician, younger)
|Assets/Properties||She owns a flat in Mumbai, which is worth Rs 8 crore. India Today|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonia Gehlot
- Sonia Gehlot is an Indian businesswoman and an architect who is the elder daughter of Rajasthan’s 14th Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
- After completing her formal education in Mumbai, Sonia Gehlot worked as an architect with Kalpataru Group, which deals with real estate.
- In 2006, Sonia Gehlot joined Kalpataru Group’s sister company named Shouri Constructions. There, in the same year, she was given a promotion and was made the director of the company.
- After holding the position of director in Shouri Constructions for some time, Sonia Gehlot left the organisation and founded Architecture & Beyond, an interior designing company.
- Sonia Gehlot campaigned for her brother in the 2019 General Elections.
- In 2020, for an architecture magazine titled The Ideal Home And Garden, Sonia Gehlot wrote an article.
- Later, in 2020, Sonia published another architecture-based article in the magazine titled The Design Collective Magazine.
- Sonia Gehlot loves animals. She has a pet dog named Coco.