Age: 36 Years
Hometown: Khagaria, Bihar
Father: Ram Vilas Paswan
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||Lok Janshakti Party (LJP)
|Political Journey||• In 2012, Chirag joined the LJP.
• In 2014, he contested and won the Lok Sabha elections from the Jamui Lok Sabha Constituency of Bihar.
• He was a member of several parliamentary committees during his tenure as an MP.
• He was the Chairman of LJP's Central Parliamentary Board.
• In 2019, he was re-elected as an MP from the Jamui Lok Sabha Constituency of Bihar.
• On 5 November 2019, he was elected as the National President of the LJP.
|Date of Birth||31 October 1983 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||36 Years|
|School||Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute, New Delhi|
|College/University||Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification India Today||B.Tech in Computer Science|
|Caste||Scheduled Caste (SC) Rediff|
|Address||Mantri Ji Tola, Khagaria, Bihar|
|Hobbies||Watching Bollywood Films, Doing Yoga|
|Controversy||In October 2020, a purported video shoot of Chirag Paswan after his father's death triggered a row. In the video shoot, that went viral, Chirag joked and talked in Bollywood parlance, and he also talked about the hair texture. While criticizing Nitish Kumar and clarifying his stance over the video row, Chirag Paswan said, "Do I have to prove to Nitish Kumar how much grief the death of Papa has caused me,” Paswan asked indignantly in another tweet and added “I had been shooting videos on a daily basis. What other option did I have, at a time when campaign for elections was picking up." The Hindu|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Ram Vilas Paswan (Politician)
Mother- Reena Paswan (Homemaker)
• Nisha Paswan
• Isha Paswan (Step sister)
• Asha Kumar (Step sister)
|Car Collection||• Maruti Gypsy (2015 Model)
• Toyota Fortuner (2014 Model)
|Assets/Properties MyNeta||Cash: 35,000 INR
Bank Deposits: 23.40 lacs INR
Residential Building: worth 90 lacs INR in Krishna Vihar, Patna
|Salary (approx.)||1 lac INR + other allowances (as an MP)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||1.84 crores INR MyNeta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chirag Paswan
- Chirag Paswan is an Indian politician. He belongs to the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP), and he is also two-term Member of Parliament (MP). Chirag is the son of the veteran politician, Ram Vilas Paswan.
- Since he was a child, Chirag was interested in Bollywood. He used to watch Bollywood films all the time, and he would also practise acting in front of the mirror.
- Chirag Paswan was an actor before he entered politics.
- In 2011, he made his Bollywood debut with the movie, “Miley Naa Miley Hum” with Kangana Ranaut, Neeru Bajwa, and Sagarika Ghatge. However, the movie was unsuccessful at the box office.
- In 2012, he quit Bollywood and joined politics.
- The LJP was not in a good position when he entered politics. However, he worked hard and revived the party in a short span of time.
- In 2014, he was an important part in the formation of an alliance between the LJP and the BJP. In 2002, following the Gujarat riots, Ram Vilas Paswan had broken his alliance with the BJP. Chirag convinced his father that they should be allied with the BJP and it was the right thing to do.
- Chirag liked Narendra Modi‘s Gujarat model, and it persuaded him to be allied with the BJP.
- His decision to be allied with the BJP proved to be successful, and the LJP, which did not win a single seat in the 2009 General Elections, won six of the seven seats it contested in the 2014 General Elections.
- Chirag runs an NGO named, Chirag Paswan Foundation. The NGO works towards providing education to underprivileged children and jobs to the unemployed youth of Bihar.
- In December 2018, Ram Vilas Paswan announced that he will not be contesting elections anymore, he also announced that all the major decisions of the LJP will be taken by Chirag from then onwards, and the party should support him.
- On 12 November 2019, he announced that the LJP will be contesting the 2019 Jharkhand Assembly Elections without the BJP as an ally. He said that they would have contested together as an alliance, but the BJP was offering them token seats where the LJP was not prepared to contest. He said that the LJP is a strong party now, and it can contest alone.