|Full Name||Bal Keshav Thackeray|
|Nickname(s)||Balasaheb, Hindu Hruday Samrat|
|Political Party||Shiv Sena|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm|
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg|
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Date of Birth||23 January 1926|
|Birth Place||Pune, Bombay Presidency, British India|
|Date of Death||17 November 2012|
|Place of Death||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||86 Years|
|Death Cause||Cardiac Arrest|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Educational Qualification||A School Drop-Out|
|Family||Father- Keshav Sitaram Thackeray (a social reformer and journalist)|
Brothers- Ramesh Thackeray, Shrikant Prabhodankar Thackeray
Sisters- Pama Tipnis, Sudha Sule, Sarla Gadkari, Susheela Gupte, Sanjeevani Karandikar
|Caste||Marathi Chandraseniya Kayastha Prabhu (CKP Community)|
|Address (till the time of his death in 2012)||Matoshree, Kalanagar, Bandra East, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Doing Photography, Listening to Music, Travelling, Reading|
|Controversies||• Throughout his life, he had been criticized for promoting regionalism on ethnic lines.|
• He was also criticized for his right-wing Hindu extremism.
• The first time he came under criticism was soon after the launch of Shiv Sena in 1966 when he launched a campaign against the South Indians in Mumbai, whom he accused of stealing jobs of the local Marathi people.
• In 1969, he was arrested and sent to Yerwada Prison in connection with Maharashtra-Karnataka border dispute.
• He was a staunch critic of Pakistan. In 1998, a ghazal concert of Ghulam Ali was disrupted following the orders of Bal Thackeray.
• He surprised political circles after he extended his support to the Emergency announced by Indira Gandhi in 1975.
• Allegations were made against him for embarking the communal riots in Bhiwandi in 1984; in which 17 persons were killed and more than 100 were injured.
• Allegations were made against him for conspiring the Babri Masjid demolition.
• After the 1993 Bombay-Blast, it was said that Bal Thackeray was one of them who incited the communal violence.
• In 1995, he opposed the release of Bollywood film "Bombay," which was based on the communal riots in Mumbai after the 1993 Mumbai-Bomb-Blast.
• In Saamna (the mouthpiece of Shiv Sena), once he signed “Ek Bihari, Sau Bimari." To this, Nitish Kumar (the then Chief Minister of Bihar) filed a written complaint with the Prime Minister of India. His comment also led the resignation of Shiv Sena's North India chief Jai Bhagwan Goyal who termed Shiv Sena as a Khalistan and militant organization.
• He also paid disrespect to APJ Abdul Kalam (the then President of India) for not pronouncing the death sentence of Afzal Guru.
• He was also criticised for praising Hitler in an interview to a daily-newspaper in 2007.
• In 2007, he was briefly arrested after referring to Muslims as "green poison" during a Shiv Sena rally.
• He also earned a controversy for supporting the Tamil militant organization- LTTE.
• Social activist Anna Hazare and Bal Thackeray's brother Ramesh Thackeray had accused him of disproportionate assets and asked for a CBI inquiry.
|Favourite Leader(s)||Mahatma Gandhi|
|Favourite Statesman||Adolf Hitler|
|Favourite Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Nana Patekar|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar|
|Favourite Cricketer(s)||Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin Tendulkar|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Sons- Bindumadhav Thackeray, Jaidev Thackeray, |
Uddhav Thackeray (a Politician & a Wildlife Photographer)
|Net Worth (approx.)||40 Crore INR|