Father: Narayan Rane
Wife: Rutuja Rane
Age: 41 Years
|Full name||Nitesh Narayanrao Rane Swabhiman Sanghatana|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Political Party||• Indian National Congress (quit in 2019)
• Bharatiya Janata Party (2019-present)
|Political Journey||• Member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly from the Kankavli constituency (2014-2019)
• Member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly from the Kankavli constituency (2019-present)
|Date of Birth||23 June 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||Bombay, Maharashtra, India (present-day Mumbai, Maharashtra)|
|School||Salisbury School, CT 0608|
|College/University||Middlesex University, London|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• SSC at Salisbury School, CT 0608 (1998)
• HSC from Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Pune (2000) MyNeta
• MBA from Middlesex University, London (2006) Mid-Day
|Address||House No. 179 Varwade Phalshiyewadi, Phanasnagar, Sindhudurg, Maharashtra|
|Controversies||• Opposed the release of Marathi film Zenda: In 2009, he opposed the releaese of Avdhoot Gupte's Marathi film Zenda in which a character named Sada Malvankar had resemblance to his father, Narayan Rane. Later, Avdhoot Gupte removed the character from the film. DNA
• Attempt of murder case: In 2010, Chintu Sheikh, a resident of Uttar Pradesh who runs a medical store in Vikhroli Maharashtra, filed an attempt of murderr case against Nitesh Rane. According to Chintu Sheikh, Rane shot at him in the Khar office of Swabhiman Sanghatana, where he visited with boxes of sweets to congratulate Rane on the birth of a child to Nitesh's brother, Nilesh. According to Shaikh, Nitesh annoyed at his sweets offering as he had suffered loss in business. Later, police picked several holes in Chintu Sheikh's statements and found that the injuries received by Sheikh were caused by a sharp object and not by a bullet. Later, Sheikh appealed at the Bombay High Court, and in 2012, the case was transferred to the CBI. The Times of India
• Illegal Vada Pav stalls: The BMC warned that it would remove all illegal stalls across the city including the Swabhimaan Sanghatana led by Nitesh Rane's first Chhatrapati Vada Pav centre at Powai and the Shiv Vada Pav stalls set up by the Shiv Sena. Hindustan Times
• Illegal banners and hoardings: In 2012, an FIR was registered against Nitesh when, on his birthday, his supporters erected banners and hoardings of Nitesh in Bandra and Khar. Mumbai Mirror
• Toll plaza row in Goa: On 3 December 2013, Nitesh and his supporters had altercations with the staff of a toll plaza in Pernem village, Goa following which the supporters of Nitesh allegedly vandalised the toll plaza. Later, a case was registered against Nitesh and his supporters. Deccan Chronicle
• Campaign against the Gujaratis: In 2013, Nitesh campaigned against the Gujaratis living in Mumbai on social media. On Twitter, Nitesh wrote, "Veg skies,Veg hospitals,Veg housing societies..soon Veg Mumbai! Either Gujjus go back to Gujarat or they turn Mumbai into Gujarat..Red alert!" The Times of India
• Arrested for throwing fish at government officer: On 12 July 2017, Nitesh was arrested for allegedly throwing fish at a government official in Sidhudurg district. Reportedly, during a meeting with the fisheries commissioner of Sindhudurg, Nitesh lost his cool and threw a fish at the official. Later, Nitesh was granted bail. The Financial Express
• Arrested for assaulting government official: In July 2019, Nitesh was arrested when he threw mud at a deputy engineer named Prakash Khedekar. Reportedly, Rane was unhappy with the condition of Mumbai-Goa highway that he was inspecting, and he threw mud from the mud-logged highway at the engineer. Later, the video of throwing mud at the engineer went viral on social media, and Nitesh was arrested under the IPC 353. The Times of India
• Lookout notice over unpaid loans: In September 2021, the Pune police's Crime Branch issued 'Lookout Circulars' against Nitesh and his mother, Neelam Narayan Rane, in alleged loan default cases of over Rs. 65 crores. ET Realty
• Murder bid case over alleged attack on Shiv Sena activist Santosh Parab: In February 2022, he was denied bail by a court in Sindhudurg district of Maharashtra in an attempt to murder case. Reportedly, Nitesh allegedly attacked on Shiv Sena activist Santosh Parab during campaigning for the Sindhudurg District Co-operative Bank elections in December 2021. The New Indian Express
• Protest against the Maha Vikas Aghadi government in December 2021: On 23 December 2021, Nitesh Rane, along with other BJP members, protested against the The Maha Vikas Aghadi government led by Uddhav Thackeray. Reportedly, the protest was related to the OBC reservation in Maharashtra during which Nitesh and others started producing the voice of a cat, 'meow meow,' at Aditya Thackeray when Thackeray was entering the gate of the Maharashtra Legislative assembly. Later, Siv Sena MLA Suhas Kande demanded a ban on the membership of Nitesh and said that such behaviour at senior politicians should never be allowed. YouTube
• Defaming Disha Salian: On 18 March 2022, parents of Disha Salian (former manager of Sushant Singh Rajput) wrote a letter to the Indian President Ram Nath Kovind, seeking action against the Indian Union Minister Narayan Rane and his MLA son Nitesh Rane for defaming their daughter (who died in 2020). NDTV In the letter, Disha’s parents wrote,
"Our life has gone haywire and becomes miserable because of our daughter's death and after that this blatant falsehood spread by Rane and others. Even after registration of offence, Union Minister Rane and his son have not stopped maligning our name. It seems we will not get justice till we are alive as their right to spread falsehood is more important than our fundamental right to life, right to privacy and live with dignity. We, therefore, request you to issue directions to the concerned authorities to take appropriate steps so that justice is done, otherwise we will be left with no other alternative but to end our lives.”
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||28 November 2010
|Marriage Place||Hotel Grand Hyatt, Mumbai|
|Wife/Spouse||Rutuja Rane (Businesswoman)
|Children||Son- Nimesh Nitesh Rane
|Parents||Father- Narayan Tatya Rane (Indian politician and former Chief Minister of Maharashtra)
Mother- Neelam Narayan Rane (Businesswoman)
|Grandparent||Grandfather- Tatu Sitaram Rane
Grandmother- Laxmibai Rane
|Siblings||Brother- Nilesh Narayan Rane (member of the 15th Lok Sabha)
|Assets/Properties (as of 2019) My Neta||Moveable (worth Rs. 13.78 crores)
• Cash- Rs. 95,210
• Deposits in Banks- Rs. 67,53,266
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares- Rs. 74,34,634
• NSS, Postal Savings etc- Rs. 17,19,816
• LIC or other insurance Policies- Rs. 27,28,273
• Personal loans/advance- Rs. 7,86,18,592
• Motor Vehicles- Rs. 1,38,52,823
• Jewellery- Rs. 1,51,32,740
• Other assets- Rs. 1,14,82,956
Immovable (worth Rs.26,08,320)
|Net Worth (approx.) My Neta||Rs 6.33 crores (as of 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nitesh Narayan Rane
- Nitesh Narayan Rane is an Indian politician who is a member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly from the Kankavli constituency. He is the younger son of Narayan Tatya Rane.
- He grew up in Mumbai with his elder brother Nilesh.
- In 2006, after earning an MBA degree from Middlesex University, London, he returned to Mumbai, where he started an NGO, Swabhiman Sanghatana, that aims at addressing the issues like unemployment, health services, and basic infrastructure.
- In 2009, he did not show his interest in contesting the Maharashtra assembly elections, rather he focussed on his NGO, Swabhiman Sanghatana, to address the issues of the common people of Maharashtra.
- In 2008, Viral Dholakia, a member of Nitesh Narayan Rane’s NGO Swabhiman Sanghatana, died in a police lathi charge while he was protesting in front of the headquarters of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation.
- In 2010, the supporters of Nitesh and Sainiks had an altercation at Dadar station over flagging off a Konkan-bound train. Hindustan Times
- The state Congress did not like Swabhiman’s growing influence, and State Congress president Manikrao Thakre asked the Ranes to stop running a parallel organization when the party already had the Youth Congress following which Nitesh quit his post in the city youth Congress and demanded the post of the state youth Congress chief. Hindustan Times
- In 2010, his NGO, Swabhimaan Sanghatana, launched a toll-free water helpline number, 1800-200-9837, for the residents of Mumbai, where they can make complaints about water tanker issues. In an interview, while questioning the intention of the BJP-Shiv Sena government in Maharashtra, Nitesh said,
They have been claiming that the civic body is disconnecting unauthorised water connections. Two of Sena’s party offices, in Chembur and Mahim, have unauthorised connections. Why haven’t they been disconnected?”
- In 2011, Swabhiman Sanghatana NGO entered the Guinness World Records for providing jobs to 25,300 unemployed youths. DNA India
- In February 2012, he started a training program, Sindhudurg Tour Guide, to promote tourism in Sindhudurg and provide employment to local youths; he also started a mobile service, Naukri Express, to provide employment to local youths.
- In 2014, he contested the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly elections from the Kankavli constituency on a Congress ticket; he defeated Bharatiya Janata Party’s Pramod Jathar by 25979 votes.
- In 2019, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Party ahead of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly elections and won from the Kankavli constituency by a margin of 84,504 votes.
- In 2021, a banner was flagged near the BJP office in Girgaon bearing the name of Nitesh Narayan Rane as missing; a reward in the form of a hen was also mentioned for those who would find him.
- He is the director of eleven companies including Amison Fisheries Limited, Rane Ventures Private Limited, Sindhudurg Food Products Private Limited, Nilesh Spices And Masala Mills Private Limited, Nnr Steel Private Limited, Skywalk Builders Private Limited, Nice Auto Dealer Private Limited, Neelam Hotels Private Limited, Laksh Properties Private Limited, Excel Realty Holdings Private Limited, and Nnr Biofuels Limited.
- Nitesh is an accomplished cartoonist, and he often shares his views through his cartoons.