|Kirshnik Khari Ball CNN
|Kirsnick Khari Ball CNBC TV18
|Being a part of the American rap group Migos
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Juug Season (2011)
|Last Rap Album
|Only Built for Infinity Links (2022)
|Date of Birth
|18 June 1994 (Saturday)
|Lawrenceville, Georgia, Atlanta, United States of America
|Date of Death
|1 November 2022
|Place of Death
|Houston, Texas, United States of America
|Age (at the time of death)
|He was shot and killed at a party in Houston, Texas TMZ
|Lawrenceville, Georgia, Atlanta, United States of America
|Berkmar High School
|• He had a tattoo of "Edna" and a "butterfly" inked on one side of his forehead.
• He had two tattoos inked on the other side of his forehead and cheek.
|• Arrested for possessing marijuana: In 2015, during a spring concert at Georgia Southern University, the police arrested Takeoff, Quavo, Offset, and the 12 other crew members of Migos on the charges of illegally possessing contraband. According to several sources, when Migos, along with their crew, arrived at the university, the police, present there for security purposes, smelled a very strong smell of Marijuana coming from their vanity vans. Upon questioning the crew members about it, the police placed the trio and all the members of Migos present in the university under arrest for not only carrying illegal substances but also for illegally possessing firearms within the university's premises following which they were presented in front of the Bulloch County District Attorney's Office. In April 2015, Quavo, Takeoff, and six other crew members were released on a bond; however, Offset and six other members remained in custody without parole. The Statesboro Herald After their release, Georgia Southern University refused to pay $33,000 to Migos as the group had not fulfiled the contract of performance signed earlier. According to the signed contract, the group was to perform for 45 minutes, but they walked off the stage in less than 30 minutes; however, after the court's mediation, the university agreed to pay only half the amount. WTOC-TV
• Removed from a flight due to misbehaviour: In 2017, several news channels reported that Takeoff was removed from a flight after he refused to pick up his luggage from the floor and place it in the overhead luggage cabin. Reportedly, he also misbehaved with the staff of the airline as a result of which he was removed from the flight before it took off. Variety The Delta Airlines, in its official statement, said,
"Delta flight 1532 from Atlanta to Des Moines returned to the gate, prior to departure, to deplane several customers seated in the First Class cabin who repeatedly refused to follow crew member instructions to buckle their seatbelts and stow carry-on items in the overhead bins."
• Accused of rape: In 2021, Takeoff was accused of not only physically assaulting a girl named Jane Doe at a house party at a friend's house but also of sexually assaulting her. NBC News Talking about it, Doe's lawyers said,
"Notwithstanding Plaintiff’s express refusal, Defendant Takeoff grabbed Plaintiff, flipped her over face-down, and pulled down her clothing. Defendant Takeoff then proceeded to have forceful sexual intercourse with Plaintiff from behind, without Plaintiff’s consent."
Responding to the allegations, Takeoff filed a case against Jane Doe. Later, the Los Angeles District Attorney's office said that it would not register a case against Takeoff due to a lack of evidence against him. Highsnobiety Pitchfork Talking about it, Takeoff's lawyers said,
"We have reviewed the allegations and have similarly done our own due diligence. What has become abundantly clear is that the allegations made against Takeoff are patently and provably false. As his counsel, we are well aware and well versed on the importance of civil and criminal prosecution of true sexual assaults. This is not one of those situations."
|Relationships & More
|Marital Status (at the time of death)
|Mother- Edna Mae Burnside Marshall
Note: Edna Mae is not his biological mother, but she raised him in Atlanta.
|Brother- Quavo (cousin, a member of the rap group Migos)
|• He owned a Rolls Royce Wraith.
• He owned a Maserati Granturismo.
• He owned an Austin Martin Vanquish.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Takeoff
- Takeoff was an American rapper who was a member of the American rap group Migos. On 1 November 2022, Takeoff was shot and killed in Houston, Texas, United States of America.
- Takeoff started his rapping career at an early age. According to several sources, Takeoff, along with his cousin Quavo, formed a rap group Polo Club when they both were in high school. Later, Offset became the third member of Polo Club after which the trio changed the name of the group to Migos.
- Migos released its first rap album titled Juug Season in 2011, which was a hit rap album in the US. Following the release of Juug Season, the trio began performing locally in Atlanta.
- In June 2012, the group released a rap album titled No Label, which, according to several sources, was liked by many fans.
- In 2013, the group met Kevin Lee and Pierre Thomas, the founders of the label named Quality Control and were signed by the label to produce rap albums.
- In the same year, the trio released another rap album titled Versace, which, reportedly, became one of the best rap songs of 2013 in the United States. The rap, which was created with Drake, a famous Canadian rapper, got ranked at number 99 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and number 31 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
- In July 2015, Takeoff and the group released their first studio album titled Yung Rich Nation, which was ranked number 17 on the US Billboard 200 chart. The song featured famous artists like Chris Brown and Young Thug.
- In 2016, Migos produced Bad and Boujee, which featured Lil Uzi Vert, an American rapper. The rap became Migos’ first rap to rank number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Reportedly, Takeoff was neither credited nor seen in the rap video. During the BET Awards 2017, when the hosts of the show asked him about his “disappearance” from the video, Takeoff replied, “Do it look like I’m left off Bad and Boujee?” The New York Times
- On 27 January 2017, Migos released another rap album titled Culture, which was ranked number 1 in 2017 on the US Billboard 200 chart. According to several sources, within the first week of the release of the album, Migos sold more than 44,000 copies and later received a platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The rap was also nominated twice for Grammy in 2018.
- In 2017, Migos released another rap titled MotorSports, which featured Nicki Minaj and Cardi B.
- In 2018, Migos released Culture II, which was the second part of their 2017 album Culture. The album sold more than 38,000 copies within a week of its release and was also ranked number 1 on the US Billboard 200 chart in the same year.
- In November 2018, Takeoff released a solo rap album titled Last Memory following which he released another solo rap album titled The Last Rocket. Later, Migos released another rap album titled Walk It Talk It featuring Drake.
- On June 2021, the group released Culture III, which was a sequel to the rap album Culture II. The album became the last album that the trio produced and released together.
- In October 2022, several American media houses reported that the group, Migos, might be disbanded as Offset slept with Quavo’s girlfriend Saweetie. BBC Talking about it, Quavo said,
We stand on real deal loyalty, and sometimes that… ain’t displayed. This ain’t got nothing to do with no label, no paperwork, no QC, nothing in any sense. This got something to do with the three brothers.”
- Later, Cardi B, Offset’s wife, took to social media and quashed the allegations against her husband by calling them baseless. Newsweek Talking about it, Cardi B said,
No baby you lying ! You makin crazy lies starting sh** and putting female rappers in it WIT NO RECEIPTS, no blog ever spoke on this all of a sudden you come out of jail 5 days ago and you made up for lied in 2 hours wit NO RECEIPTS.”
- In October 2022, without Offset, Migos released their rap album titled Only Built for Infinity Links, which was Takeoff’s last album.
- On 1 November 2022, at around 2.34 AM, Takeoff was shot and killed by an unknown assailant when he was attending a private party in Houston, Texas. Reportedly, Takeoff was shot and killed after an argument between him and the assailant broke out. The New York Times According to the Houston Police Department, the identity of the attacker is unknown. The Independent Talking about it, Chief Troy Finner of the Houston Police Department said,
We have no reason to believe that he was involved in anything criminal at the time. Sometimes the hip-hop community gets a bad name. I am calling up on everybody — our hip-hop artists in Houston and around the nation — we have got to police ourselves. There are so many talented individuals, men and women, in that community, who again I love and I respect, and we all need to stand together and make sure no one tears down that industry.”
- According to Takeoff, he and Quavo were among the first few rappers who began rapping at a very young age in Atlanta. He also said that when kids of his age were eager to play sports like football and basketball, he was interested in rapping. Talking about it, he said,
I ain’t never been into sports. I was always into rap. So was Quavo. We always had each other’s back.”
- After his death, many celebrities like Marshmellow, Snoop Dogg, Lil Pump, Gucci Mane, Wiz Khalifa, Mike Tyson, Drake, and many more tweeted in remembrance of Takeoff and offered their condolences to his friends and family.
- Takeoff often posted pictures of himself smoking a cigar on social media.