Sreejita De (Actress) Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Biography & More
|Nickname||Manali Sreejita De - Facebook|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Film: Luv Ka The End as Sonia Luvani (2011)
TV: Ssshhhh… Phir Koi Hai (2006)
|Awards||In 2019, she won the Indian Television Academy Awards for the television series Nazar.|
|Date of Birth||19 July 1989 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Haldia, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Haldia, West Bengal|
|School Sreejita De - Facebook||St. Xavier’s School, Haldia, West Bengal|
|College/University||Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Mass Communication Sreejita De - Facebook|
|Religion||Hinduism Sreejita De - Instagram|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian ((YouTube - Saas Bahu aur Saazish))|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Shopping, Travelling|
|Controversy||According to some media sources, there were catfights between Tina Datta and Sreejita De. They allegedly accused each other of behaving in an unprofessional manner on the sets of the TV show Uttaran. Later, in a conversation with Salman Khan, Sreejita De revealed that she used to share a good bond with Tina. Later, Sreejita went on a trip to Goa with Tina where she was had some issues with Tina. Since then, she hasn't been on talking terms with her. The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Name not known (IT Engineer)
• Abdur Rahman (Television Producer) The Times of India
• Michael Blohm-Pape (Business Development Manager at Hapag-Lloyd AG)
Note: In an interview, Sreejita revealed the reason behind her breakup with her ex-boyfriend who was an IT Engineer. She said that she had compatibilty issues with him.
|Engagement Date||21 December 2021|
|Fiancé|| Michael Blohm-Pape
|Parents||Father- Swapan Kumar De
Mother- Lipi De
|Siblings||She is the only child of her parents.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sreejita De
- Sreejita is an Indian actress and model. In 2017, she appeared in the Colors television show Uttaran in which she played Mukta’s lead role.
- Initially, Sreejita wanted to be a journalist; however, she was suggested by one of her friends to try her career in acting. Later, she gave an audition for a cameo role in the Hindi TV show Kasautii Zindagii Kay where she was immediately selected. In an interview, Sreejita talked about this and said,
For me it happened really early in my life. I was just 18 and a half and was studying in Ruia College in Mumbai and I was never interested in acting that much. I loved dancing a lot but I was never inclined towards acting. Once I was chatting with my friend and they told me that there was an audition happening at Balaji and they were like let’s go and see how it is. That’s when I thought I should give acting a shot and I never looked back. I decided to make acting as my career.” The Times of India
- According to Sreejita, initially, her father was sceptical about her decision to pursue a career in acting; however; after seeing her accomplishments, he was happy about her decision.
- At seventeen, Sreejita made her acting debut with the episodic series Ssshhhh… Phir Koi Hai (2006).
- Subsequently, she appeared in various other television shows like Annu Ki Ho Gayee Wah Bhai Wah (2007), Piya Rangrezz (2015), Tum Hi Ho Bandhu Sakha Tumhi (2015), Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai (2017), and Uttaran (2018).
- In an interview, Sreejita talked about the TV show Uttaran and said she was not happy with her role. She quoted,
The creative team knows about me being upset. In the TV world, characters and new tracks keep getting introduced for better ratings, so much so that one does not see if the script is being compromised on, or if a character does not have more scope to be explored. No wonder, people feel that the show has been dragging for quite some time now.” The Times of India
- In 2008, Sreejita made her film debut with the Hindi film Tashaan in which she played the role of Parvati. Subsequently, she appeared in various films like Luv Ka The End (2011) and Monsoon Shootout (2017).
- In 2018, she made her digital debut with the mini web series Untouchables in which she played the role of Dr Natasha Narang. In 2020, she appeared in the ZEE5 series NaxalBari in which she played the role of Prakruti (2020).
- In 2022, she participated in the Hindi reality show Big Boss 16. In a media interview, she talked about the reality show and said that she joined the reality show because she wanted to earn recognition. She quoted,
As an actor, you play characters that are written for you by script writers, which we definitely enjoy. However, your fans and your audience have never had a chance to witness the real you. And for that, Bigg Boss is the right and infact the only platform that can help people know you upclose. It is like you are your own script writer, you write your own character and show it to the audience. So, this is what I absolutely love about Bigg Boss.”
- In an interview with a media source, Sreejita De revealed that she was offered Big Boss a few times earlier; however, she declined it. She quoted,
Bigg Boss has already been offered to me a few times in the past, but I declined since I wasn’t sure if I could sustain it through the show. I’ve decided to participate in it and I’ve said yes because I want to experience it.” India Today
- In 2008, in an interview, Sreejita De spoke about Rakhi Sawant and Mallika Sherawat and said that she was not open to performing item numbers or ‘showing skin’ like them. She explained,
I am not at all interested in doing any sexy item numbers, like Rakhi Sawant does. Though Rani Mukherjee is double of my age; I would like to follow her as far as her choice of in depth roles is concerned. Sporting a short skirt is fine like Priyanka Chopra, but I do not want to emulate a Mallika Sherawat or a Rakhi Sawant. I cannot face my parents if I show my skin like them. I am open to a kissing scene, but not for smooching scenes.”
- She is a fitness fanatic, and she often posts her workout pictures on different social media platforms.
- Sreejita De is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.