Some Lesser Known Facts About Varun Mitra
- Does Varun Mitra drink alcohol?: Yes
- During his graduation, he used to participate in modelling as a hobby, and gradually, it became his passion.
- After his graduation, he started working and bought an agency and an export house for himself.
- As he was so much into modelling and acting, he left his job and decided to go to Mumbai to try his luck. It was a two-week trip that he had planned. Meanwhile, when he was in Mumbai, he got the news that he was signed by ‘Kwan,’ (a recognized talent management agency).
- He appeared in an advertisement for Titan, where he worked with Katrina Kaif.
- He has done many advertisements for the brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Raymond, Nissan Sunny, Cadbury Dairymilk, and Samsung.
- He has done many ramp walks, one such being the Wills India Fashion Week.
- He was featured in a short film ‘Rangeen’ sharing the screen with Freida Pinto for an advertisement of ‘Free People’ (a clothing brand).
- He was auditioned and selected to host a show, ‘Two for the Road’ for NDTV, where he would explore the city on a rickshaw through its automobile culture.
- Following this, he was approached for another show on NDTV called ‘Great Drives,’ sponsored by Tata Safari where he would be on a road trip to different and far-flung places for ten days.
- His hard work and dedication took him to an international level. He got a chance to work with NDTV’s show ‘Imagine your Korea,’ where he extensively shot in Korea. He stated in an interview that, “Some of the moments I have had during these travels are unforgettable… like sitting by a frozen lake at Sela Pass at about 3:30 pm, and freezing while watching the sunset, with a glass of hot water, rum, and Maggi. Unreal!”
- When he got a chance to work with the Amazon Kindle film, he had to travel to Sri Lanka and had to befriend the local kids over there. The different language was a barrier between him and the kids since the kids neither knew Hindi nor English but his traveling experience came in handy as he was communicating with kids through hand gestures, making space for him in their hearts.
- The kids got so attached to him that they made hand-crafted greeting cards to gift him on his birthday which concurred on the last day of the shoot.
- In 2015, he made his debut film “Kaash,” after that he was featured in a TV Mini-Series “Dubai Diaries” in 2016.
- He worked with Alia Bhatt for an advertisement for Gionee mobile phone.
- In 2018, he was signed by Mahesh Bhatt and Mukesh Bhatt for a film “Jalebi- The Everlasting Taste Of Love,” featuring Rhea Chakraborty, and Digangana Suryavanshi as well.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡