|Full Name||Freida Selena Pinto|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Date of Birth||18 October 1984|
|Age (as in 2018)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Carmel of St. Joseph School, Malad, Mumbai|
|College/University||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in English Literature|
|Debut||Film: Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
TV: Full Circle (2006)
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Listening to Music, Playing Tennis, Reading Books|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Breakthrough Performance Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival for Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
• Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture at Screen Actors Guild Awards for Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rohan Antao (Marketing Professional) (2003-2009)
Dev Patel (Actor) (2009-2014)
Ronnie Bacardi (Polo Player) (2016)
|Parents||Father- Frederick Pinto (Senior Branch Manager in the Bank of Baroda)
Mother- Sylvia Pinto (Principal of St. John's Universal School in Goregaon, Mumbai)
|Siblings||Brother- Not Known
Sister- Sharon Pinto (Works for NDTV)
|Favourite Food(s)||Vada Pav, Roast Chicken Curry, Mangalorean Seafood, Paani Puri, Sevpuri, Dark Chocolates, Rasmalai|
|Favourite Workout(s)||Yoga, Cardio, Swimming, Pilates, Stretching|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Jack Nicholson, Johnny Depp, Ranbir Kapoor|
|Favourite Actress(es)||Marilyn Monroe, Nicole Kidman, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt|
|Favourite Designer(s)||Varun Bahl, Salvatore Ferragamo|
|Favourite Perfume(s)||Coco Chanel, Jo Malone, Wild Fig & Cassis, Jo Malon|
|Favourite Bag(s)||Lady Dior, Chanel Bandana|
|Favourite Holiday Destination||India (North West Parts, especially Kashmir)|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Orange, Green, Pink|
|Favourite Novel||Harry Potter Novel by J. K. Rowling|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹98 Crores|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Freida Pinto
- Does Freida Pinto smoke?: Not Known
- Does Freida Pinto drink alcohol?: Yes
- She was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra (India) in a Mangalorean family.
- She wanted to be an actress since her childhood, and after watching the victory of Sushmita Sen in the Miss Universe 1994, she made a firm decision about it.
- She is a trained Salsa and Indian Classical dancer. During her college time, she partook in several amateur theatres. She first wanted to complete her graduation before making a career in modelling and acting.
- Although she always wanted to make a career in the acting field, she wasn’t sure which path to follow on to achieve her dreams until watching the film “Monster” in 2003. She said in an interview that
“I guess it was when I watched Monster … I pretty much knew. I had to find a way. I had to do something like that, something completely transformational.”
- In 2005, after completing her graduation, she joined Elite Model Management India and began her modelling career. She worked with this management for almost two and a half years. She was featured in various TV endorsements for different products including Skoda, Airtel, Vodafone India, Wrigley’s Chewing Gum, Visa, De Beers, and eBay. Simultaneously, she started giving auditions for TV shows and movies.
- Later, she got selected to host an international travel show “Full Circle” from 2006-2008; which was aired on Zee International Asia Pacific. She travelled all around the world including Fiji, Afghanistan, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and other countries during that time.
- She gave hundreds of auditions for both Hollywood and Bollywood productions but didn’t get any positive response.
- In 2007, she got selected by her modelling agency, along with the other six models, to audition for the female lead in Slumdog Millionaire (2008); a movie by Danny Boyle. Eventually, after six months of extensive auditions, she got selected for the film opposite Dev Patel.
- In December 2007, after winning the role of Latika for Slumdog Millionaire, she got engaged to her boyfriend Rohan Antao in Goa. But, the couple got separated in 2009 after the success of the film. In an interview, she said
“I was engaged to actor Rohan Antao, but we broke up at the end of last year. Things happen and you have to learn to deal with them.”
- After this, she signed up for two art-house productions. In 2010, she acted in “You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger,” a comedy-drama by Woody Allen. In this project, she worked with Josh Brolin, Anupam Kher, Antonio Banderas, Anthony Hopkins, Naomi Watts, Gemma Jones, Anna Friel, and others. Then, she starred in the film “Miral” (2010) but didn’t get a good response for her role.
- In 2011, she gave four releases including ‘Rise of the Planet of the Apes’ and ‘Trishna’. After this, she appeared in a music video ‘Gorilla’ in 2013 for Bruno Mars. She was condemned by the Indian media for featuring in this video.
- In the same year, she appeared in a documentary film ‘Girl Rising.’ In 2014, she again made her cinematic appearance, after a hiatus of two years, with the film ‘Desert Dancer.’
- In February 2016, she joined “We Do It Together;” a nonprofit organization. This organization offers finance for documentaries, films, and TV series that promote women empowerment.
- In 2018, she appeared in ‘Love Sonia’ (an Indian Film). In the film, she was featured alongside Mrunal Thakur, Manoj Bajpayee, Rajkummar Rao, Anupam Kher, Richa Chadda, Adil Hussain, and others.