Education: Bachelor's In English Literature
Hometown: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Age: 60 Years (As In 2019)
|Profession||fitness expert at GG hospitals in Chennai|
|Famous For||Being the daughter of the veteran South Indian actors Gemini Ganesan and Savitri, and sister of Rekha|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5' 5"
|Date of Birth||2 December 1959|
|Age (as in 2019)||60 Years|
|Birthplace||Madras (then Chennai), Tamil Nadu|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|School||• Andhra Mahila Sabha, Chennai
• Presentation Convent School, Kodaikanal
• Vidhyodaya High School, Chennai
|College/University||Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor's in English Literature|
|Caste||• Her father belonged to Tamil Brahmin Family and his mother belonged Isai Vellalar community
• Her mother belonged to Telugu speaking Kapu Family
|Hobbies||Travelling, gardening, and farming|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Govind Rao Vaddi
|Children||Sons- Arun Kumar Vaddi (does theatre and dog breeding) & Abhinay Vaddi (actor)
|Parents||Father- Gemini Ganesan (actor)
Mother- Savitri (actress)
Step Mothers- Alamelu
|Siblings||Brother- Satish Ganesan
From her father's marriage to Alamelu
• Dr Revathi Swaminathan (eldest; a radiation oncologist)
• Dr Kamala Selvaraj (second eldest; owner of GG Hospitals)
• Narayani Ganesan (third eldest; journalist with TOI)
• Dr Jaya Shreedhar (fourth eldest; heath advisor with Inter News Network)
From her father's marriage to Pushpavalli
• Rekha (actress)
• Radha ( former actress; lives in the USA)
|Director||B.V. Nandini Reddy|
|Book||Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vijaya Chamundeswari
- Her mother, Savitri was known as the ‘Meenakumari’ of South Indian Film Industry.
- She was named after a production house called “Vijaya Chamundeswari,” which gave her mother many memorable roles.
- She was just 16 when she got married and a couple of years prior to her marriage, there were certain differences between her parents and they separated.
- Due to trouble in her personal life, her mother Savitri got addicted to alcohol, which affected her greatly. One day, she slipped to coma for 19 months and eventually, died on 26 December 1981 at the age of 46.
- In an Interview, Vijaya revealed that she never watched any of her mother’s film due to the reason that her mother wept in most of them and it disturbed her. However, after her mother’s death, she started to watch her films.
- In May 2018, her mother’s biopic “Mahanati” was released. Keerthy Suresh played the role of Savitri in the film.
- Following the release of the film, her sister Dr Kamala Selvaraj asserted that the film was fictionalised and was not honestly presented. She alleged that her father’s image was wrongly presented in the film. In addition to that, she stated that the film was made wholly on the basis of her daughter’s statement and filmmakers should have taken her father’s friends and acquaintances in the industry into account before portraying her role. In response to her comments, Vijaya told that she respected her views because they belonged to the same family.