Age: 60 Years
Hometown: Pauri Garhwal
Wife: Sunita Rawat
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In 1979, joined Rashtriya Swayam Sewak Sangh.
• Became a Sangh Pracharak in 1981.
• Appointed as Tehsil Pracharak of RSS at Lansdowne, Uttarakhand in 1981.
• Became a Tehsil Pracharak of RSS at Srinagar, Uttarakhand in 1983.
• In 1985, appointed as Nagar Pracharak of RSS at Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
• Became an Editor of Rashtradev at Meerut, Uttar Pradesh in 1989.
• In 1993, he was appointed as Secretary (Organisation) of BJP.
• Trivendra worked as a State Secretary (Organisation) of BJP, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand between 1997 and 2002.
• He was one of the separatists during the movement for separate statehood for Uttarakhand.
• In 2002, he became an MLA from Doiwala Constituency.
• He was again elected as an MLA from Doiwala constituency in the year 2007.
• Trivendra was appointed as National Secretary of BJP in March 2013.
• Appointed as Co - In charge of Uttar Pradesh with Amit Shah by Bhartiya Janta Party.
• Appointed as a member of New Voters Campaign Committee for 2014 Lok Sabha Elections with Amit Shah, Navjot Singh Siddhu, & Poonam Mahajan.
• He was appointed as an Incharge of BJP, Jharkhand in 2014.
• Trivendra was appointed as one of the members of "Namaami Gange" to clean Holy Ganga in 2014.
• He became the 8th Chief Minister of Uttarakhand in March 2017 after BJP got a remarkable mandate of 57 out of 70 seats in the state assembly elections.
• On 9 March 2021, he resigned from the post of the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||20 December 1960 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||60 Years|
|Hometown||Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand|
|College/University||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University|
|Educational Qualifications||Masters Degree|
|Debut||Trivendra joined Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh in 1979 and became its Paracharak in 1981.|
|Family||Father- Late Pratap Singh
Mother- Bochha Devi
|Address||S-3, C-130, Defence Colony, Dehradun|
|Favourite Book||Bhagwad Gita|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Sons- Not Known
Daughter- Not Known
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 9.37 Lakh|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Trivendra Singh has been a member of RSS since 1979 and thus has the stronger Sangh roots.
- He was a vital part of the activism in getting the Education fee reduced from INR 1.5 Lakhs to INR 25,000 in the “VAN TRUST MEDICAL COLLEGE – HALDWANI”, through a PIL before the High Court-Nainital gave a decision for 70% reservation for original domicile of the state.
- Rawat organised ‘Krishak Mahotsav’ at every Nyay Panchayat level twice a year to support farmers of Uttarakhand in which officers of 18 Departments were there to resolve the problems of farmers.
- He Established Apno Bazar where the farmers can directly sell their products.
- Being an in charge of the party in Jharkhand, he was one the faces because of whom, the party did so well in 2014 assembly elections.
- Party announced him as one of the members of Namami Gange, a national mission to clean the holy river, Ganga in 2014.