Caste: Bhumihar Brahmin
Age: 61 Years
|Name Earned||"Vikas Purush" The Indian Express|
• Civil Engineer
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In 1989, he joined BJP National Council as a member.
• In 1996, elected a Lok Sabha Member from Ghazipur Constituency.
• In 1999, again elected to Lok Sabha from Ghazipur Constituency.
• In 2014, he was elected to Lok Sabha for the third time from Ghazipur Constituency.
• In May 2014, he was appointed the Minister of State for the Railways Ministry.
• In July 2016, he was appointed the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Communications Ministry.
• He lost the 2019 Lok Sabha election to Afzal Ansari from the Ghazipur constituency.
|Date of Birth||1 July 1959 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||61 Years|
|Birthplace||Mohanpura, Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh|
|College||Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi (earlier IIT-BHU)|
|Educational Qualification||M.Tech. degree in civil engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi The Week|
|Caste||Bhumihar Brahmin The Week|
|Address||Village Mohanpura, Post Bansdevpur, District Ghazipur, U.P.|
|Hobbies||Traveling, Farming, Doing Philanthropy|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||8 May 1977 (Sunday)|
|Children||He has a son and a daughter.|
|Parents||Father- Late Virendra Kumar Singh
Mother- Name Not Known
|Car My Neta||Hyundai Verna (DL 12CK 0366)|
|Assets/Properties My Neta||Movable
• Bank Deposits: Rs. 27 lakh
• LIC/Insurance Policies: Rs. 4.67 lakh
• Motor Vehicle: Hyundai Verna (worth Rs. 12.40 lakh)
• Jewellery: Gold & Silver worth Rs. 3.47 lakh
• Pistol: Worth Rs. 10 thousand
• Agriculture Land: Worth Rs. 20 lakh in Bhagalpur, Bihar
• Commercial Buildings: Worth Rs. 60.30 lakh in Godowlia, Varanasi
• Residential Buildings: Worth Rs. 1.81 crore in Varanasi and Ghazipur
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 4.52 Crore (as in 2019) My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manoj Sinha
- Manoj Sinha is an Indian politician who has been a three-time Member of Parliament from the Ghazipur constituency in Uttar Prades. He became the 2nd Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir on 6 August 2020; succeeding G.C. Murmu, the first Lieutenant-Governor (L-G) of the Union Territory (UT) of Jammu and Kashmir. A Rashtrapati Bhawan communique read,
The President has been pleased to appoint Shri Manoj Sinha, to be the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office vice Shri Girish Chandra Murmu.”
- He was born in a Bhumihar Brahmin family in Mohanpura in the Ghazipur district of Uttar Pradesh.
- An agriculturist at heart, Mr. Sinha is known for keeping a low-profile image, and he is also known for his trademark dhoti and long kurta.
- During his college days, he was actively involved in student politics and was even elected the president of the Banaras Hindu University Students’ Union in 1982.
- During 1999-2000, Mr. Sinha was a member of the General Council, School of Planning.
- He has been among the best performing members of the Indian Parliament.
- He is also praised for his very high attendance in parliament.
- India Today Magazine counted him among the seven most honest Members of Parliament.
- During his tenure as the Minister of State for the Railways Ministry, Mr. Sinha handled key assignments including the task to connect several cities in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- As the Minister of State (Communication), Mr. Sinha is has been credited with overcoming the menace of call drop.
- He has also been a Member of Committee on Energy and another Committee on Government Assurances.
- Sinha set a benchmark among the members of Parliament by successfully utilizing all the money allotted to him as an MP for public welfare in the MPLAD fund.
- In March 2017, Mr. Sinha missed the post of the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh after the Modi-Shah combine picked Yogi Adityanath. Earlier, Sinha was the frontrunner for the post, which eventually went to Yogi in a dramatic turn of events. The Week
- He has a habit of chewing gutkha.
- Mr. Sinha’s wife, Neelam Sinha, belongs to Maghara Bihar Sharif in Bihar’s Nalanda district.
- For his active involvement in developing the backward villages of Uttar Pradesh, he is often called ‘Vikas Purush.’