|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, Civic Activist, Beauty Pageant Title Holder|
|Famous For||Miss World 1999 (Winner)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 181 cm
in meters- 1.81 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 140 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-28-34|
Tamil: Poovellam Un Vasam for a guest appearance (2001)
Hindi: Pyaasa as Sheetal (2002)
Bhojpuri: Kab Kahaba Tu I Love You (2007)
|Date of Birth||7 October 1977 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||43 Years|
|College/University||V. G. Vaze College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate, Diploma in Computer Sciences You Tube|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening to music|
|Controversy||In June 2013, Yukta Mookhey filed a complaint against her husband, Prince Tuli, and his family. She lodged the complaint under section 498A and 406 of IPC for domestic violence. The couple got divorced in 2014. Hindustan Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||7 September 2008
|Husband/Spouse||Prince Tuli (m. 7 September 2008; div. 25 June 2014)
|Children||Son- Ahhrein Tuli
|Parents||Father- Inderlal Mookhey
Mother- Aroona Mookhey
|Siblings||Brother- Kanwal Mookhey|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yukta Mookhey
- Yukta Mookhey is an Indian actress, model, and civic activist who is best known for winning the title of Miss World 1999.
- Yukta Mookhey was born in a Sindhi family in Banglore. She was raised in Dubai for the first seven years of her life.
- Yukta’s father was a managing director of a clothing company, and her mother owned a grooming salon in Mumbai.
- She was a zoology student in her college. After completing her graduation, she got a diploma in computer applications from Aptech. She also had an interest in music, and she learned Indian classical music for three years.
- At the age of 22, she entered the Femina Miss India beauty pageant, and she won the title of Miss India World 1999 pageant. During the semifinal round, she was asked the question
How do you define a true sportsperson?”
Her answer, which got her to the finale, was
I would define a true sportsperson as the one who welcomes defeat as well as success with a healthy attitude and with a smile”
- Yukta at the finale round was asked another very interesting question by the jury
In the context of the recent controversy, if you were Chelsea Clinton, what is the single most important advice, you as a daughter would you give to your parents Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton, and why?”
She replied to it by saying
If I was Chelsea Clinton, I would tell my parents that in the values that you have taught me, I still stand by you no matter what. And I hope we can set an example for the rest of the world to see what family values and ethics are all about. Thank you”
This made her the Miss India World 1999.
- In 1999, Yukta Mookhey got the opportunity to represent India in the 49th Miss World Pageant held in Olympia, London. She competed with 93 contenders from across the globe.
- During the question-answer round, Yukta was asked “If she could be anyone in the world who would she want to be?”. To which her reply was
It would have to be Audrey Hepburn. It was her inner beauty, compassion and her aura. The calm that she had inside her reflected.”
- Yukta won the title of Miss World 1999. She was crowned by the “Linor Abargil” (Miss India 1998). She became the fourth Asian to win this title. She also won the title of “Asia & Oceania’s Queen Of Beauty”.
- Miss World 1999 Yukta Mookhey made a historic moment by crowning Miss World 2000 Priyanka Chopra. This was the only time when a Miss World has crowned another Miss World from her mother country.
- Yukta Mookhey, after completing her tenure as Miss World, started involving herself in various charitable and social causes. She also works as an educationist and motivational speaker.
- Mookhey did her filmy debut with a special appearance in a song for the Tamil movie, ” Poovellam Un Vasam”.
- Yukta got married to Prince Tuli, who is Newyork based businessman. They had a Sikh ceremony for their wedding.
- Yukta Mookhey now works for various social causes. She is an environmental activist. She also supports many initiatives such as Swachh Kalyani Nagar, which educates people to create minimum or zero waste.
- She remains very active in generating awareness regarding child labour, cleaning drives and much more.