Celina Jaitly (aka Jaitley) Height, Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Other name(s)||• Celina Jaitley The Free Press Journal
• Celina Jaitly Haag LinkedIn- Celina Jaitly
|Nickname||Chinki The Times of India|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, Social Activist, and Writer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|The Times of India Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-25-36|
|The Times of India Eye Colour||Blue-Greenish-Grey|
|Debut||Film (Hindi; As an actor): Janasheen (2003) as Jessica Pereira
Film (Telugu; As an actor): Suryam (2004) as Madhulatha
Film (Kannada; As an actor): Shrimathi (2011) as Sonia
|Date of Birth||24 November 1981 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||40 Years|
|Birthplace||Kabul, Afghanistan The Times of India|
|School(s)||• City Montessori School, Station Road, Lucknow
• Canossa Convent High School, Mumbai
|College/University||Khalikote Autonomous College, Berhampur, Odisha|
|Educational Qualification(s)||Bachelor of Commerce (Accountancy Honours) LinkedIn- Celina Jaitly|
|Ethnicity||She is half Punjabi and half Afghani Hindu The Indian Express|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian The Times of India|
|Tattoo||On her ring finger: Her husband's name 'Peter'
|Controversies||• Reportedly, in 2015, she had a tiff with the popular Indian actress Sunny Leone and Sunny’s husband Daniel Weber. Celina had asked Sunny to empty her apartment in Mumbai where Sunny was living on rent. During an interview, Celina shared the whole incident. Hindustan Times She said,
"I went out of my way to help my former tenants (Sunny and Daniel) as they were finding it hard to get a place on lease given their background. I even took a guarantee for their character to the concerned authorities in good faith. I leased my beautiful penthouse to them for two years. At the end of the lease, I was horrified to see the appalling state of the place. There was moss in the washroom, and Celina’s furniture was rotting on the balcony. So, she got irked and asked Sunny to leave the house.”
In reply, while talking to a reporter, Sunny’s husband said,
We handed the flat back in perfect condition. In fact, we upgraded it by installing CCTV cameras. With that, we put a security system in place. If it was an issue, we would have gladly removed them. Most people would appreciate a security system. We asked for our deposit back upon handing over the keys. She refused to return the money. I assume she must have needed money to act this way. I have never met Celina in my life. How is it possible that I threatened her.”
• Her name was dragged in the Raj Kundra’s pornography case in 2021. As per some media sources, Raj asked Celina to act in one of his adult films. Later, Celina denied all such rumours. Bollywood Hungama
|Relationships & More|
|Engagement Date||Year 2010|
|Marriage Date||23 September 2010
|Marriage Place||1000-year-old monastery in Austria|
|Parents||Father- Late Colonel V. K. Jaitly (retired from the Indian Army)
Mother- Late Meeta Jaitly (child psychologist)
• Winston Jaitly Haag, Viraaj Jaitly Haag (twins; born on 24 March 2012)
• Shamsher Jaitly Haag (died due to heart problem) and Arthur Jaitly Haag (twins; born on 30 September 2017)
|Siblings||Brother- Vikrant Jaitly (serving in the Indian Army)
|Food||Prawn Curry with Steamed Rice, Charcoal Crabs|
|Book/Author||Star Signs by Linda Goodman|
|Film||The Sound of Music (1965) and Saving Private Ryan (1998)|
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, and Whoopi Goldberg|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Celina Jaitly
- Celina Jaitly is an Indian actress and philanthropist.
- As her father’s job was transferable, so she did her schooling at different schools.
- During her school days, she was inclined towards sports and was the captain of the school’s sports team.
- Celina’s mother used to participate in various beauty pageants while she was young.
- Celina met a boy at a party when she was 16 years old. After a few meetings, she started dating him. In an interview, Celina shared that the boy was abusive and used to torture her, and later, she discovered that the boy was gay. The Times of India
- When she was 16 or 17 years old, she started participating in the local beauty pageants.
- After graduating, she worked in a telecom company in Kolkata as a marketing executive.
- Celina cleared the CDS (Combined Defence Services) entrance exam, after completing her graduation. Just a few days before her CDS interview, she won Miss India 2001 title, and then she decided to pursue her career in the entertainment industry. The Times of India
- In Miss India 2001 sub-contest, she won other titles like ‘Miss Margo Beautiful Skin,’ ‘Indiatimes Surfer’s Choice,’ and ‘MTV’s Most Wanted Award.’
- In the final round of Miss India 2001 contest, one of the questions which judges asked her was,
Let’s consider two often said quotes: 1. Fools seldom differ, and 2. Great minds think alike. Which one do you believe, and why?”
I believe that great minds think alike because intelligence is like a triple bond that joins minds to vibe at the same level. The higher the IQ, the greater the bonding.”
- In the same year, she represented India at the Miss Universe 2001 contest in which she was declared the 4th runner-up.
- Later, she was roped in various TV commercials such as Proactiv, Ponds’, Margo, and Baba Elaichi.
- In 2004, she was offered the lead role in the Hindi film ‘Julie,’ but she turned down the offer, and later, the role was played by the Indian actress Neha Dhupia. In an interview, while talking about rejecting the offer, she said,
I turned down Julie because I didn’t agree with the reasoning of the protagonist in the story, who resorts to prostitution because her man ditches her. I didn’t see why any educated girl would take such a drastic step. I take up roles that I mentally agree with, and this was not such a role”
- In 2005, she associated with PETA and worked as the spokesperson of the LGBT movement in India.
- Celina has acted in various Indi films including ‘No Entry’ (2005), ‘Apna Sapna Money Money’ (2006), ‘Money Hai Toh Honey Hai’ (2008), and ‘Thank You’ (2011).
- While she was shooting for the film ‘Jawani Diwani: A Youthful Joyride’ in 2006, there were rumours that she was romantically involved with the popular Indian actor Emraan Hashmi. Later, she rubbished all such rumours, and in an interview she said,
For God’s sake don’t spread such rumours. Emraan has a girlfriend and he is quite happy with her. Such useless rumours that don’t even exist will not be in favour of any of us. I have made my position very clear that I have never had an affair with Emraan and I never dated him on the sets of Jawani Diwani.”
- Her name was also linked with the veteran Indian actor Govinda. During an interview, she cleared all such rumours, she said,
I don’t deny that I adore him, he has been my best co-star so far. I respect him. I’ve been his fan for a long time. But that doesn’t mean we are having an affair. It was a ridiculous rumour.”
- While she was in Dubai in 2010, she met the Austrian hotelier Peter Haag through one of her friends whom she called Nilesh Mama. During an interview, she talked about her first meeting with Peter. She said,
I met Peter for the first time in Dubai. I was there for the store opening of the Indian fashion brand I endorse (Jashn). I met Peter through a dear family friend whom I lovingly call Nilesh Mama & my dear friend Rahuul Jashnani. It was a family gathering at a wonderful lounge and Peter was also invited to it. There was an intense recognition in a part of me when I first saw Peter. Actually, we did not speak anything to each other but I just knew from the moment he walked in that he was my husband even though we had never met before.”
- Later, in August 2010, Peter visited India and asked her for marriage, and then the couple got secretly engaged in Mumbai. Later, she said that she kept her engagement a secret because she was a superstitious person and did not want to talk about her engagement until she got married. In an interview, while talking about the event, Celina said,
Peter had come to India in August 2010 to meet my parents. We went out one evening to a favourite haunt of ours. He had specially requested me to wear a sari that evening. He proposed marriage that evening and we got engaged in a quiet ceremony on September 23 at our Mumbai residence amidst family. We were engaged for a year before we got married.”
- In 2010, the couple got married and were blessed with twin boys in 2012. Celina applied for her sons’ visa which got rejected by the Indian government in 2012. During an interview, she shared that she was very upset about it and said,
I was under the impression that based on their mother’s nationality, they would automatically get an Indian passport too. However, I was in for a rude shock as we were told by consulate officials that they cannot have an Indian passport as only the father’s nationality applies, and dual citizenship is only possible with Canada and the USA. It was very disappointing to know this because I believe these laws should be reconsidered in special cases such as when one parent is an active tax-paying Indian citizen. Children should automatically be allowed both nationalities until the age of 18. So for now, the boys are on a tourist visa to visit their own motherland.”
- She became one of the United Nations Equality Champions in 2013 and worked for the welfare of women, children, and many other social issues.
- Jaitly was featured in various music videos such as “Oh Kehri” by Jazzy B and “Zara Nazroun Se Kehdo” by Bombay Vikings in 2015.
- At the beginning of her acting career, her looks were often compared to the veteran Indian actresses Parveen Babi and Zeenat Aman. The Times of India
- In 2017, one of her twin sons passed away, and in the same year, her mother also died. At that time, Celina was detected with depression, and in an interview, while talking about that phase, she said,
There are some overconfident proclaims of the fact that Peter and I got married only because I became pregnant. The depiction of our children was conceived before marriage doing rounds on the internet through some very strong media platforms is absolutely baseless and irresponsible. They could have checked their facts with the Austrian marriage courts before jumping to such an irresponsible conclusion and the worst part of it is that they continue to do so even 9 years after our marriage.”
She further said,
Peter left his job because I was suffering from such severe depression that we had no option but to leave Dubai. He said: ‘let’s go back to Austria and let us disconnect from everything till you get better. That really helped me and getting my husband’s support in this meant a lot. In a way, ‘Season’s Greeting’ played an important part in healing me and making me feel better.”
- She made her comeback in the Hindi entertainment industry with the Hindi short film ‘Season’s Greetings.’ During an interview, she shared that it was her mother’s dream to see her back in the films.
- Celina loves animals and has a pet dog named Gooblee.
- She owns a Scorpio car as she loves muscle cars. The Himalayan Times
- She has been featured on the cover of various renowned magazines.
- Celina is best friends with the famous Indian actor Lara Dutta.