Age: 30 Years
Father: Kesar Matharu
Hometown: Khanna, Ludhiana, Punjab
|Nickname||Jassi National Views|
|Profession(s)||Singer and Actress|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 166 cm
in meters- 1.66 m
in feet inches- 5' 5½" IMDB
|Hair Colour||Black (Dyed Medium Blonde)|
|Date of Birth||4 April 1990 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||30 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Khanna, Ludhiana, Punjab|
|Debut||Album (Singer): Love Day (2012)
Film (Actor): The Dirty Relation (2013)
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian YouTube|
|Hobbies||Travelling and Singing|
|Controversies||• She entered the Bigg Boss 12 house, with the veteran singer Anup Jalota. In her introduction video, she revealed her live-in relationship with Anup. After the show was over, she denied her love affair with him. NDTV
• She filed a police complaint against Deepak Thakur (Bigg Boss 12 contestant) for making an offensive video on her. India Today
|Tattoo(s)||Various tattoos on her body
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Husband||She met Dr Abhinit Gupta through the Indian singer, Anup Jalota in 2020. Dr Abhinit is separated from his first wife. Jasleen's mother uploaded a photo on Instagram in which she mentioned Dr Abhinit as his son-in-law. In an interview, Jasleen said,
Anup ji had told me about this doctor, who separated from his wife last year. But, the matter couldn't progress owing to the lockdown. However, rather than delaying it further, he introduced us virtually. We talk a lot and get along well."
|Parents||Father- Kesar Matharu (Director)
Mother- Jaspreet Matharu
|Siblings||Brother- Kanwaljeet Singh Matharu (Actor & Producer)
|Quotes||• Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character
• Birds of a feather, flock together
• Barking dogs, seldom bite
|Perfume||Dior Poison Girl|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jasleen Matharu
- Jasleen Matharu is an Indian singer and actress. She is well-known for being the student and girlfriend of the devotional singer, Anup Jalota.
- Jasleen Matharu was born and brought up in Mumbai, her ancestors are from Khanna in Ludhiana, Punjab.
- Her grandfather’s name is Sardarji Hardial Singh Matharu, and her grandmother’s name is Sardarni Prem Kaur Matharu.
- At the age of 11, she started learning classical and western music.
- When she was 16 years old, she was honoured with the ‘Best Female Singer’ title at an inter-college competition.
- Jasleen has performed live at various stage shows with popular singers, like Mika Singh, Sukhwinder Singh, and Amjad Khan.
- Apart from being a singer, she is also a trained dancer and has received training in various dance forms, like Bharatanatyam, Belly, Hip-Hop, and Salsa.
- She has been practising kickboxing for the past few years and has a brown belt in it.
- She used to be a fan of the comedian, Deepak Kalal, who has been posting controversial videos on the Kashmir Valley. As a fan, she made a video for him. After watching this video, Deepak started making videos on her like a marriage proposal in an amusing style. Even after her rejection, Deepak made several videos on her, one of them was ‘Live Suhagraat with Jasleen.’
- She is a fitness freak and visits the gym regularly.
- Jasleen is an avid cat lover.
- In 2018, she entered the ‘Bigg Boss 12‘ house with her live-in partner and singer, Anup Jalota, who is 37 years older to her.
- She met Anup Jalota for the first time when she was 4 years old.
- She lent her voice for the 2014 song, ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat.’
- In 2019, she did a cameo in the Colors TV serial, ‘Vish.’
- Jasleen Matharu has performed with the troupe of Mika Singh for more than 3 years.
- In 2019, she won the awards like Dadasaheb Phalke Icon Award, Bharat Icon Award, and Style Icon of the year.
- She acted in ‘Vo Meri Student Hai’ (2019) along with Anup Jalota, based on the real-life story of Jasleen and Anup.
- In 2020, she appeared in the Colors TV show, ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karoge.’
- Here’s an interesting video about Jasleen Matharu’s biography: