|Full name||Adline Mewis Quadros Castelino Wikipedia|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Cast You Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Cast You Figure Measurements||32-28-32|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Miss TGPC Season 4 (2018)
• Miss Diva 2020
• Third runner-up Miss Universe 2020
|Date of Birth||24 July 1998 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||23 Years|
|Birthplace||Kuwait City, Kuwait|
|Hometown||Kuwait City, Kuwait|
|School||• Indian Central School in Kuwait (till 15 years of age)
• St. Xavier’s High School, Mumbai
|College/University||Wilson College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Business Administration LinkedIn|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Alphonse Castelino (Works at White Store, Kuwait)
Mother- Meera Castelino (Works at Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, Kuwait)
• Anicia Castelino (elder)
• Andrea Castelino (younger)
|Film||Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na (2008)|
|Comedian(s)||Vir Das, Kenny Sebastian, and Hasan Minhaj|
|Beauty Pageant Winner(s)||Lara Dutta and Sushmita Sen|
|Sports Person||Deepa Malik|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Adline Castelino
- Adline Castelino is the 3rd runner-up of the 69th Miss Universe contest held on 16 May 2021.
- She hails from Udyavara in Udupi, Karnataka.
- After completing her graduation, she started working as a marketing intern at an instant messenger app Flochat.
- Simultaneously, she worked as a model, and in 2018, she won the ‘Miss TGPC Season 4’ contest held at Pub. Le.City, Amanora Mall-Pune.
- She did her training in contesting the beauty pageants from Cocoaberry Training Academy in Mumbai. In 2019, Adline won the ‘Miss Cocoaberry Diva’ title.
- In 2020, she participated in the beauty contest ‘Miss Diva 2020’ from Chennai. She was shortlisted in Chennai, and in the next round in Mumbai, she was selected among the top ten contestants. In the same contest, she won the Miss Smasher award for badminton. Eventually, she won the LIVA Miss Diva Universe 2020 title held at Yash Raj Studio, Andheri, Mumbai on 22 February 2020. In the final round, the host of the event Malaika Arora asked a common question from the top five contestants. She asked,
Does religion unite or divide people?”
Religion unites people. It has values that bring people together. People believing in the same things come together and stay in harmony, but what divides us, is us. Humans divide each other. Religion doesn’t divide anyone. When I first came here from Kuwait, I really loved the fact that in India, all religions coexist in harmony. We celebrate Diwali, Christmas, Eid all together and what a beautiful scene that is, that we can stay together and respect each other’s beliefs. We can progress with each other and forward to the future.”
- On 16 May 2021, she represented India at the Miss Universe 2020 competition held at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Hollywood, Florida, in the United States. She won the third runner-up title in the contest, and the Mexican contestant Andrea Meza won the title. In the final round, she was asked,
Should countries lockdown due to COVID-19 despite the strain on their economies, or should they open their borders and risk a potential increase in infection rates?”
Good evening universe. Well, coming from India and witnessing what India is experiencing right now, I have realized something very important that nothing is more important than the health of your loved ones. And you have to draw a balance between economy and health. And that can only be done when the government works with the people hand in hand and produces something that will work with the economy. Thank you.”
- She has also worked as a model in the documentary series ‘Kingfisher Calendar: The Making’ in 2021.
- She has also appeared in a few music videos such as ‘Tere Bina’ (2019) by Shreyas Dharmadhikari and ‘Mere Dil Vich’ (2021) by Arjun Kanungo.
- Apart from modelling, she has been involved in various social services. She has worked for the welfare of farmers and has been associated with the welfare organisation ‘Vikas Sahayog Pratishthan’ (VSP).
- She has also raised funds for various organizations like Child Help Foundation (CHF) and Agricultural Resource Center.
- Adline has also supported the LGBT community, Smile Train, Women Empowerment, and Akshaya Patra Foundation.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, in 2020, she supported needy people by providing food, sanitisers, and face masks through an NGO ‘Desire Society.’ In an interview, while talking about Desire Society, she said,
The first time I came to know about the Desire Society was when I was in college. I used to visit here as a student to help out as a volunteer.”
- The Miss Universe 1994 titleholder, Sushmita Sen, is her idol. In an interview, Adline talked about her. She said,
I was very fond of her positive nature and that is what I inculcated in me. I found it very brave and inspiring when she gave home to both of her daughters without anyone’s support.”
- In an interview, she talked about being bullied for dark skin tone and skinny physique. She said,
So, I was bullied a lot because I was very skinny. And I had dark skin. So I was bullied a lot for that. I have a Pakistani cousin sister, I have my sisters who are so beautiful. So I remember my dad comparing my skin tone with the others and saying, ‘Why are you so dark and why are you like this?’ At that moment, it kind of hurt me that you know.. When you’re of that age, you don’t understand. You think, ‘Why am I created like this?’ But as I grew up and I started living independently, I moved out of my house at the age of 15 and I came to India for the first time. That’s when I started accepting myself. I saw the diversity around. Beauty exists in all shapes and sizes, all colours. And that inspired me to truly accept myself and move on.” Beauty Pageants
- She loves riding motorcycles, sketching, reading, and weight lifting in her leisure time.
- Adline loves dogs and often posts pictures with dogs on her social media accounts.
- She has been featured on the cover of various well-known magazines like Femina (October 2020) and De Mode (December 2020).