Asif Basra Age, Death, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Age: 53 Years
Death Date: 12/11/2020
Hometown: Amravati, Maharashtra
|Famous Role||Shanawaz Qureshi in Black Friday (2004)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5 ’ 8”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||27 July 1967 (Thursday)|
|Birthplace||Amravati, Maharastra, India|
|Date of Death||12 November 2020 (Thursday)|
|Place of Death||McLeodganj, Upper Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh|
|Age (at the time of death)||53 Years|
|Death Cause||Suicide by hanging The Hindu|
|Hometown||Amravati, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Sc. (Physics)
• A Computer Course
|Debut||English Film (Actor): Quicksand (2003)
Hindi Film (Actor): Black Friday (2004)
TV (Actor): X-Zone (1998–2002)
|Hobbies||Travelling, Watching Films|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Asif Basra
- Did Asif Basra drink alcohol?: Yes
- The famous theatre actor Asif Basra was born in the small town of Amravati in Maharashtra.
- Since childhood, he was passionate about acting.
- Basra belonged to a very humble family and had never taken any training in acting.
- Asif used to actively participate in film festivals in his school and college days.
- In 1989, he moved to Mumbai to act in college productions.
- He did B.Sc. in Physics from Mumbai University, and later, he joined a computer course.
- While doing a job in Mumbai, he would spend almost all his salary watching plays.
- In 1991, he saw Salim Ghouse’s production of Athol Fugard’s play Boesman and Lena, night-after-night for a week. One day, Ghouse met him, and it marked his entry into the Mumbai theatre scene.
- Later, Ghouse also offered him the role of Horatio in his stage play of Shakespeare’s Hamlet.
- While still working full time, Asif performed regularly on stage, acting in Hindi, English, and Urdu plays.
- Soon, he earned critical acclaims for his performances including Feroz Khan’s Mahatma vs. Gandhi (English), and Main Bhi Superman (Hindi).
- In 1996, Basra resigned from his 9-5 job due to his flourishing career in the Indian Theatre.
- Anurag Kashyap‘s “Black Friday” was his debut Bollywood film, followed by Rahul Dholakia’s film Parzania. Both, the films and Asif Basra, earned critical acclaims.
- In the fag end of his career, he was often seen training young talents by organizing acting workshops at Prithvi Theater.
- Asif Basra also appeared in the 2018 Hindi family drama ‘Hichki,’ starring Rani Mukerji.
- On 12 November 2020, he was found hanging at a private property in McLeodganj, Upper Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh. He had the property on lease for the past five-six years. His last notable role was in Amazon Prime Video’s series “Paatal Lok.”
- Here’s the view of Asif Basra on the Indian Cinema: