|Real Name||Asif Basra|
|Profession||Indian Film and Theater Actor|
|Famous Role||Shanawaz Qureshi in Black Friday (2004)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5 ’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||27 July 1967|
|Age (as in 2017)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Amravati, Maharastra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Amravati, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification(s)||B.Sc. (Physics)
A Computer Course
|Debut||English Film (Actor): Quicksand (2003)
Hindi Film (Actor): Black Friday (2004)
TV (Actor): X-Zone (1998–2002)
|Hobbies||Travelling, Watching Films|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Favourite Actor||Naseeruddin Shah|
|Favourite Singer||Neha Kakkar|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Asif Basra
- Does Asif Basra drink alcohol?: Yes
- The famous theatre actor Asif Basra was born in a small town of Amravati in Maharashtra.
- Since his childhood, he has been ventured onto the stage.
- Basra belonged to a very humble family and never took any training in acting.
- Asif was passionate enough to take an active part in film festivals during his school and college days.
- In 1989, he moved to Mumbai to act in college productions.
- He completed his B.Sc. in Physics from Mumbai University and later joined a computer course.
- While doing a job in Mumbai, he would spend almost all his salary on watching plays.
- In 1991, he saw Salim Ghouse’s production of Athol Fugard’s play Boesman and Lena, night after night for a week. One day, Ghouse met him, and it marked his entry into the Mumbai theatre scene.
- Later, Ghouse also offered him the role of Horatio in his stage play of Shakespeare’s Hamlet.
- While still working full time, Asif performed regularly on stage, acting in Hindi, English, and Urdu plays.
- Soon, he earned critical acclaims for his performances including Feroz Khan’s Mahatma vs. Gandhi (English), and Main Bhi Superman (Hindi).
- In 1996, Basra resigned from his 9-5 job due to his flourishing career in the Indian Theatre.
- Anurag Kashyap‘s “Black Friday” was his debut Bollywood film, followed by Rahul Dholakia’s film Parzania. Both, the films and Asif Basra, earned critical acclaims.
- He is often seen training young talents by organizing acting workshops at Prithvi Theater.
- Asif Basra also appeared in the 2018 Hindi family drama ‘Hichki,’ starring Rani Mukerji.
- Here’s the view of Asif Basra on the Indian Cinema:
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)