Some Lesser Known Facts About Chandan Gupta
- Did Chandan Gupta smoke?: No
- Did Chandan Gupta drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Since his teenage, he was an active social worker and was the co-founder of an NGO called “Sankalp Foundation”, that organizes blood donation camps, blanket distribution, and other people welfare initiatives.
- Chandan was part of volunteers of organizations like the Vishva Hindu Parishad, Hindu Mahasabha, and ABVP, who were carrying out a ‘Tiranga Yatra’, and when they were on their way to enter a Muslim dominated area, they faced objections. The argument took the shape of violence in no time, during which Chandan was shot to death.
- According to the Kasganj Kotwali SHO Ripudaman Singh, the volunteers were challenging people from the Muslim community after they were stopped from entering their colony.
- The whole rivalry started when the Uttar Pradesh government passed an order to remove loudspeakers from public places without permission. The Hindu volunteers were upset about it because they observed that loudspeakers were removed from the temples, but not from the mosques. These agitations when spread on social media, resulted in social media wars, which provoked people from both the communities to challenge each other to attempt to enter in their respective localities.
- A witness of the whole event revealed that Chandan was part of a rally that was prepared on the eve of 25 January 2018. The intention was quite clear and he even intimated about it to the district administration, the UP chief minister and the Union home minister, a few days back on their respective official social media sites. But it seemed that they didn’t take it seriously.
- On 31 January 2018, the UP Police arrested the main accused, Salim Jawed, and was taken into police custody.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)