|Profession(s)||Producer and Businessman|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 2”
|Debut||Television Show Producer: Bigg Boss (2006)
|Date of Birth||23 April 1974 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||49 Years|
|School||Activity High School, Mumbai Deepak's Facebook Account|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation at Mumbai University Deepak Dhar's LinkedIn Account|
|Hobbies||Travelling and Reading books|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||2 December 1999|
|Children||Daughter- Anushka Dhar
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Siblings||Sister- Madhu Dhar
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deepak Dhar
- Deepak Dhar is a well-known Indian producer and director in Bollywood. He has worked in content production for various TV channels like Star TV, MTV, and Channel V.
- According to Deepak Dhar, he is skilled in digital strategy, broadcasting, video, production management, and music videos.
- In February 1998, Deepak Dhar began working as a Senior Producer at MTV and served in the position till December 2001. He then joined the Star Network as a Group Head in January 2001 and worked there till January 2006. He then started working as a Creative Director at Endemol Shine India in February 2006. Deepak Dhar was promoted to the position of Managing Director in January 2008.
- In 2006, Rajesh Kamat and Deepak Dhar began Endemol India (which later became Endemol Shine India in 2015) in a small office in Andheri. In the first week, Kamat handed Dhar CDs of the popular show Big Brother, which was Endemol’s flagship show and a huge success worldwide. Kamat suggested to Deepak that they should introduce and produce reality show programs in India. Following that idea, Deepak presented and produced the reality show Bigg Boss in 2006. Later, Dhar developed a market for comedy programmes and discovered gifted comics like Raju Srivastav and Kapil Sharma. The then-CEO of Star TV India, Sameer Nair, supported Dhar’s comedy programmes.
- In 2008, Kamat joined Viacom18 to start a new TV channel named Colors, and Dhar became the managing director of Endemol India. After that, Bigg Boss started airing on Colors for its next season.
- Deepak Dhar was then appointed as the Managing Director and CEO of Endemol Shine India in April 2012. However, he decided to step down from his position as managing director in December 2017. During his time at Endemol Shine India, he produced several shows and web series including Three (2013), Brothers (2015), Bigg Boss (2006-2018), The Kapil Sharma Show (2018-2020), Anaamika (2014), Bigg Boss Kannada, Bigg Boss Telugu, The Trial (2023), and more.
The tougher the trial, the harder you come back! Catch the trailer for the courtroom drama#HotstarSpecials #TheTrial – Pyaar Kanoon Dhokha on June 12th.#TheTrialOnHotstar@itsKajolD pic.twitter.com/PXayhB5xYl
— Disney+ Hotstar (@DisneyPlusHS) June 9, 2023
- In 2015, Deepak Dhar was listed in the ‘Hottest 40 under 40 Business Leaders’ by the Economic Times Spencer Stuart India. In 2016, he was recognized at The Economic Times Asian Business Leaders Conclave as one of the ‘Most Promising Leaders of Asia’ for showing exceptional leadership qualities.
- Several renowned magazines and tabloids often feature Deepak Dhar in their editions. In 2017, he was featured in Forbes Magazine. Forbes
- In April 2018, Deepak Dhar founded his production company named Banijay Asia and began producing popular web series like Traffic (2018), Hostages (2019), Bombers (2019), Roar of the Lion (2019), Parchhayee: Ghost Stories by Ruskin Bond (2019), The Test Case (2017), Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (2008), and The Voice (India) (2015). Roar of the Lion (2019) is a documentary about the Indian Premier League team, Chennai Super Kings. The Bombers (2019) is a television series about football. It premiered on the ZEE5 platform.
- In April 2022, Deepak Dhar produced the show ‘Into the Wild With Bear Grylls.’ The show premiered on Disney Plus.
- On 17 July 2023, the Banijay Asia Group, a renowned powerhouse in global media and entertainment, announced the acquisition of Endemol Shine India. In the same month, Deepak Dhar began working as the Founder & Group CEO at Banijay Asia & Endemol Shine India. As a CEO, Deepak Dhar’s main focus is on leading the group’s content strategies, partnerships, new business, and alliances. Additionally, he works on building the reputation of both companies. In a media conversation, he talked about his goals while working as the CEO of Banijay Asia and Endemol Shine India. Deepak Dhar said,
I have been fortunate to be involved in the growth of both businesses since their inception in India. Now it is a slightly different feel to manage both to drive growth across the sector. I look forward to working closely with my colleagues at Endemol Shine India and Banije Asia to continue creating great content to entertain people.”
- Deepak Dhar enjoys drinking alcoholic beverages occasionally.
- Deepak Dhar loves exploring new places and experiencing different cultures in his leisure time. He often posts pictures of his travelling on social media.
- Being a cricket lover, Deepak Dhar spends his free hours watching matches and reading about players.