Age: 38 Years
Education: Master In Management Science
|Famous For||Being the Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Vu Technologies|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Awards, Honours & Achievements||• Excellence Award in the small and medium sector (2008)
• India’s model CEO by Forbes magazine (2016)
• 45th rank in the Fortune India’s Most Powerful Business Women list of 2019
• Business Woman of the Year 2016 at the 7th Annual Indian Affairs Leadership Conclave.
• Mercedes-Benz Masterpiece of Intelligence - Entrepreneurship
• Indo-American Society - Young Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
• Zee Astitva Awards - Young Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
|Date of Birth||25 June 1981 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||38 Years|
|School||Queen's Mary School, Mumbai|
|College/University||• HR College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
• London School of Economics
• University of Southern California
• The University of Southern California, Los Angeles
• The Harvard Business School
|Educational Qualification||• A Degree in Bachelor of Science in Business (The University of Southern California)
• A Master's Degree in Management of Science in Business (The Harvard Business School)
|Hobbies||Cooking, Painting & Dancing|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Raj Kumar Saraf (Founder Zenith Computers)
Mother- Vijayrani Saraf
|Siblings||Brother- Akash Saraf
|Net Worth (approx.)||1800 crore INR The Economic Times|
Some Lesser-known Facts About Devita Saraf
- She started her career by joining her father at “Zenith technologies” in 1997. At the age of 21, she began training under her father’s company.
- She laid the foundation of Vu Televisions in 2006, which is now in 2020, the 4th largest TV selling brand in India. She also transitioned from conventional to advanced business methods by signing an exclusive deal with Flipkart in 2014. Thus, this deal made VU the largest-selling TV brand across e-commerce platforms.
- She prefers herself to be the face of her business. She says, “Why to get a guy who is dancing, acting and singing for a living to promote a high-end product.”
- Health & Fitness plays a vital role in her life. Her fitness activities include Yoga in the morning, Gyming at night, and a dance class every Sunday.
- She is close to her father. She says that at the times of professional crisis or when she feels dejected; she turns to her father, Rajkumar Saraf, for his friendly suggestions.
- In November 2016, when Donald Trump became the president of the U.S, she brought out a full-page advertisement in The Times of India congratulating Trump. However, this move became the subject of trolling in India. The Business Standard
- In 2017, Devita was appointed as one of the panellists for “Make in India” at the Champions of Change event organised by NITI AYOG & PM Narendra Modi.