|Nickname(s)||Misha, GottaLuver, and L*Boogz|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-28-38|
|Debut||TV (American; dancing): So You Think You Can Dance 3 (2005) on Fox network as a 'contestant'
TV (Hindi; dancing): Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 6 (2013) on ColorsTV as a 'contestant'
TV (American; acting): Ghost Whisperer (2005) on CBS as 'Julia'
Film (American; dancing): Disaster Movie (2008) as a 'cheerleader'
Film (Hindi; acting & dancing): ABCD: Any Body Can Dance (2013) as 'Rhea'
Film (Punjabi; acting): Ambarsariya (2016) as 'Manpreet Kaur'
|Date of Birth||8 June 1988 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Scottsdale, Arizona, United States|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Mid-day|
|Controversy||Posed with AK Rifle
Lauren Gottlieb sparked controversy after she posted a picture of herself posing with an AK rifle and a security forces helmet. The photo was taken at the Hari Niwas guest house owned by the state government in Kashmir. According to sources, the AK rifle and helmet were borrowed from one of the security personnel at the guest house. This raised concerns about possible violations of standard procedures and security protocols. Mid-day
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Bryan Tanaka (dancer)
• Neil Haskell (dancer)
• Tobias Jones (content creator)
|Fiancé||Tobias Jones (British video creator & director and VFX artist)
|Engagement Date||28 August 2023
|Parents||Father- Carl Gottlieb (mortgage broker)
Mother- Lyn Gottlieb (jewellery designer)
• Name Not Known (pilot in U.S. Air Force; elder)
• Kevin Gottlieb (younger)
|Actor(s)||Farhan Akhtar, Ranveer Singh, Salman Khan|
|Film(s)||Bodyguard (2011), The Dirty Picture (2011)|
|Food||Paneer, Chicken makhanwala, Bhindi masala|
|Travel Destination(s)||Southern India, Dubai, Australia and South Africa|
|Car Collection||Honda City
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lauren Gottlieb
- Lauren Gottlieb is an Indian actress and dancer, who primarily works in the Indian entertainment industry. She is famous for playing the role of Rhea in the 2013 Hindi dance film titled ‘ABCD: Any Body Can Dance.’
- At the early age of just 7, she took the decision to shift to Los Angeles from Scottsdale, to pursue her dancing career.
- She has trained many Hollywood superstars like Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, and Tobey Maguire in dance.
- After a heavy struggle in Los Angeles, she finally got a break in the American reality dance show ‘So You Think You Can Dance.’ In 2004, Lauren Gottlieb initiated her dancing career by participating in the show ‘So You Think You Can Dance,’ where she worked as an assistant to choreographer Tyce Diorio during the second season.
- During the intervals between seasons on the show ‘So You Think You Can Dance,’ Lauren Gottlieb had the opportunity to perform with various artists, including Rihanna, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Shakira, Sean Kingston, and Enrique Iglesias.
- She appeared as a dancer in well-known Hollywood films such as ‘Hannah Montana: The Movie’ (2009) and ‘Bring It On: Fight to the Finish’ (2009).
- In 2014, she took part in Colors’ reality TV show ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa’ (Season 7) alongside Salman Yusuff Khan, where she appeared as a ‘Challenge Setter.’
- Lauren Gottlieb has made guest appearances as herself in several Hindi reality TV shows, including ‘Bigg Boss 7’ (2013), ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ (2014), ‘Comedy Classes’ (2015), and ‘Comedy Nights Live’ (2016).
- In 2017, she performed in the music video of the popular song ‘Mercy’ by rapper Badshah.
- She performed the song ‘Naatu Naatu’ from the 2022 Telugu film ‘RRR’ at the 2023 Oscars.
- According to sources, Lauren Gottlieb began dealing with mental health issues during her teenage years, particularly during her time on ‘So You Think You Can Dance.’ In an interview, she discussed her mental health and why she moved from the United States to India. She said,
The competitive scenarios in ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ brought stress, and stress hormones degenerate your genes. I started taking prescription drugs and making excuses to my best friend to get out of doing things, pushing myself into isolation. Had I stayed a year or two longer there, I don’t think I would have been alive today. I was up for a lead role in Step Up 4 and lost it to one of my close friends. I was so devastated I couldn’t even bring myself to wish her. I realised my ego was coming in the way and it took me five hours to get over it. As soon as I sent her a congratulatory message, I got an email from the makers of ABCD. I fell into the trap of fame and fortune, I got greedy. By the time I came to India, I was mentally unwell.” Mumbai Mirror
- In an interview, Lauren mentioned that she was given the opportunity to play the lead female role alongside Varun Dhawan in the 2015 Hindi film ‘ABCD 2.’ However, she decided to opt for the supporting role of Olive, an American-Indian dancer, in the same film. She said,
I was told by the director that I had messed up with my choice of role. I was told different stories by different people. I was sidelined completely, cut out of promotions, and even some of my portions were edited out of the film. They were the six worst months of my life, and that included my stint as a judge in the celebrity TV dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.” Mumbai Mirror