Husband: Kumud Roy Kapoor
Age: 68 Years
Children: Aditya Roy Kapur
|Birth name||Salome Aaron|
|Profession(s)||Former Actress and Model, Dancer, Dance Teacher, Fashion Shows and Play Director, and Personal Development Trainer|
|Famous For||Mother of the Kapur Brothers - Aditya Roy Kapur, Siddharth Roy Kapur, and Kunaal Roy Kapur.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||Film: Tu Hi Meri Zindagi (1965)
|Date of Birth||November 1951|
|Age (as in 2019)||68 Years|
|Community||Bene Israel Pune Mirror|
|Husband/Spouse||Kumud Roy Kapoor (Former Army Officer)
|Children||Son(s)- Aditya Roy Kapur, Kunaal Roy Kapur, and Siddharth Roy Kapur (producer)
|Parents||Father- Sam Aaron (Dancer)
Mother- Ruby Aaron (Dancer)
|Siblings||Brother- Edwin Aaron|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Salome Roy Kapur
- Her parents, Sam Aaron and Ruby Aaron were first certified ballroom dancers in India. They are also known to have introduced Samba in India during the 1940s.
- Since the age of five, she was trained in Indian classical and western dance forms. In the western form of dancing, she has been trained in ballroom dance, different kinds of Latin American dances, Tap Dance, Spanish dances, and folk dances. In Indian forms of dancing, she has been trained in Bharatanatyam, Kathak, and Kathakali.
- At the age of seven, she started to travel across the country with her brother Edwin; beginning her career as a model.
- In 1968, she began her career as a model. At the age of 12, she acted in an advertisement for Cadbury with her brother. A year later, she appeared in advertisements for Apsara Sarees.
- She has walked the ramp for many fashion shows. In most of the shows, she incorporated dance with her walk.
- In 1971, she was a winner of a beauty contest in Spain, and in 1972, she won the title of Miss India.
- She has also modelled for brands like ITC Wills, Godrej, Cadburys, and most textile companies, Tata, Century Mills, Calico, TBZ, Taj Mahal Tea.
- She has also acted in Bollywood films, Ek Bechara (1972) and Black (2005).
- Acting could not make the place that dance had in her life, therefore, she began choreographing Bollywood films; one of her famous choreography being in the popular Bollywood number “Main Shayar To Nahin” from the film “Bobby” (1973).
- Salome conducts dance and grooming workshops in various schools and has a dance academy of her own.
- Reportedly, she met her husband for the first time at a bar when he was posted in Kashmir as an army officer.
- Vidya Balan, the famous Bollywood actress is her daughter-in-law.
- She has directed plays for several years at GD Somani Memorial School, the school where her sons studied.
- In 2018, she choreographed the song ‘Baylamos’ by Sarah Aroeste, a Manhattan-based Judaeo-Spanish musician.
References/Sources: [ + ]