|Famous Role||Zoya Mirza/Jamila in Netflix’s web series “Sacred Games”
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-24-36|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Pakistani Film: Maan Jao Naa (2018) as Raania
Punjabi Film: Khido Khundi (2018) as Naaz Grewal
Web Series: Sacred Games (2018) as Zoya Mirza/Jamila
|Date of Birth||9 July 1992 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||27 Years|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Playing Football, Dancing, Reading Books, Driving|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Amiri Tandiseto
Mother- Shila Atashgah
|Favourite Food||Vegetable Salad, Pizza, French Fries, Pasta|
|Favourite Actors||Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Anupam Kher|
|Favourite Actress||Angelina Jolie|
|Favourite Travel Destination||Dubai|
|Favourite Colours||Black, Purple|
|Favourite Sports||Football, Basketball|
|Favourite Film Directors||Vikramaditya Motwane, Anurag Kashyap|
|Favourite Animated Character||Minions|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Elnaaz Norouzi
- Does Elnaaz Norouzi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Elnaaz Norouzi drink alcohol? Yes
- She was interested in acting and modelling since her childhood.
- She started her career as a model when she was 14 years old.
- After passing her 12th standard, Elnaaz received a one-year training in theatre.
- Until the age of 19, she travelled to Asia and Europe doing modelling assignments, but after completing her graduation she permanently moved to India.
- At the beginning of her career, Elnaaz attended many acting workshops in India.
- She has worked in numerous TVC ads of brands like Lacoste, Dior, Esprit, Gerry Weber, HugoBoss, L’Oréal, Puma, Chopard, Myntra, and Steve Madden.
View this post on Instagram
My Collaboration with @stevemaddenindia 👠 If you like the video, screenshot your favorite shot and tag me in your stories 😍 will repost the best 🔥 and tag all your girlfriends under this video , cause girls looooove shoes 😉 ————————————————————————————Thanks to my fabulous team 🙏🏼 Concept : @gcbmotionpictures Shot and directed by @gcbmotionpictures @theguygcb Make up @sonamvaghani Hair @moragsteyn Styling @henna.akhtar
- She has also worked with many Indian actors like Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, and Ajay Devgan for several television advertisements.
- She has featured in the movies ‘Maan Jao Naa’ (Pakistani) and ‘Khido Khundi’ (Punjabi).
- She gained wide recognition by playing the role of Zoya/Jamila in Netflix’s web series “Sacred Games.”
View this post on Instagram
Remembering my first ever scene with @nawazuddin._siddiqui Sir. I was so nervous… I wasn’t sure if I’ll be able to emote correctly or if I’ll ever be able to match the level of acting that this legendary actor has… this scene is so special for me 🙏🏼 so here is wishing you a very happy but slightly delayed Birthday Nawaz Sir 🥳 🎈 #HappyBirthday #SacredGames #Jamila and #GaneshGaitonde #Netflix #DerPateVonBombay
- Elnaaz has also appeared in ZEE5’s web series “Abhay.”
Sponsored View this post on Instagram
As actors we often have to go through a lot of physical and emotional distress only so it looks real and so that the audience can connect… this was one of those emotionally and physically draining scenes for me. I remember, I was down for 2-3 days after we shot this… the scene is only 50 seconds long but we shot the entire night. Nonetheless, I love my job and these are the most exiting scenes to do anyway 🙄😊 Who wants to see the making of ??? 🤓 Btw check my Stories to see the scene before this !! 🙋🏻♀️🙋🏽♂️ #AbhayonZee5 #elnaaznorouzi
- Norouzi has featured on the covers of magazines like “FHM India” and “Lifestyle.”
- Elnaaz has even walked the ramp for fashion designers like “Rebecca Dewan” and “Nivedita Saboo.”
- In 2018, she featured in Punjabi sensation Guru Randhawa‘s song ‘Made in India.’
- In 2019, she appeared as Zoya/Jamila in season 2 of the web series “Sacred Games.”
- In the same year, she bagged her first Kollywood film “Jana Gana Mana.”
- She can speak 6 different languages including German, English, French, Urdu, Punjabi, and Hindi.
- She is a trained Persian dancer. She has also learned other dance forms like Hip Hop and Kathak.
- She is an avid puppy lover.
- She is scared of heights.
- Norouzi considers Shah Rukh Khan as her inspiration.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.
- Elnaaz revealed in an interview that it was difficult for her to learn Hindi and adapt to Mumbai’s lifestyle at first.
- When Norouzi was searching for a place to stay in Mumbai, she faced some weird questions like ‘Who are you going to stay with?,’ ‘How old are you?,’ ‘Are you single?,’ and ‘What is your profession?.’
- Norouzi was not the first choice for the Pakistani film “Maan Jao Naa.” Earlier, actress Ushna Shah was finalised to play the lead role but it later went to Elnaaz.
- She was also offered some big roles in the Iranian Film Industry but she rejected them all because of the restrictions that prevail there.
- Elnaaz was initially not comfortable in doing the steamy scenes in the web series “Sacred Games.” She credits Anurag Kashyap for instilling confidence in her and says-
It was very tough for me because I haven’t done such things before. The whole dilemma around it when I was sitting with Anurag sir was how am I going to do this. He sat with me throughout every scene and helped me throughout the whole thing. Had he not been there I wouldn’t be confident enough to do it with any other director. I would like to thank him for this. We had a great time and a great team who was very helpful during the filming of the said scenes.”
- In July 2019, Elnaaz was detained at the Chicago international airport and interrogated for about 3 hours by the airport authorities. While explaining the ordeal she faced at the Chicago airport, Elnaaz said-
I had to stay in immigration for more than 3 hours or so and I was stopped by the officers to board my connecting flight. I hold a German passport and so I do not require a visa to travel to the United States. But due to my Iranian roots, I applied for a normal visa as Trump has put some ban on Iranis and they do not get ESTA anymore and that’s why they wanted to double-check on everything.”