Age: 42 Years
Wife: Ishika Mohan
|Profession||Director, Producer, and Screenwriter|
|Famous Role/Famous For||Director of Udaan and Sacred Games|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6’ 1"
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Debut||As a Director:
Film: Udaan (2010)
Web Series: Sacred Games (2018)
As a Producer:
Film: Lootera (2013)
As a Writer:
Film: Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal (2007)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2011:
• Zee Cine Award for "Best Director" (Udaan)
• Los Angeles Indian Film Festival Award for "Best Feature Film" (Udaan)
• Filmfare Award for "Best Film" (Udaan)
• Filmfare Award for "Best Story" (Udaan) shared with Anurag Kashyap
• Filmfare Award for "Best Screenplay" (Udaan)
• Stardust Award for "Best Film" (Queen)
• International Indian Film Academy Awards for "Best Film" (Queen)
• Filmfare Award for Best Film (Queen)
• Neuchâtel International Fantastic Film Festival for "Best Asian Film" (Trapped)
• Indian Television Academy Award for "Best Web Series" (Sacred Games)
|Date of Birth||6 December 1976 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2018)||42 Years|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Did Not Attend|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year 2005|
|Wife/Spouse||Ishika Mohan (Photographer & Actor)
|Parents||Father- Sunil Motwane (Factory owner of electronic measuring instruments)
Mother- Dipa De Motwane (Executive Producer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vikramaditya Motwane
- Vikramaditya Motwane is an Indian film director, producer, and screenwriter. He is known for directing super hit films and web series such as Udaan and Sacred Games.
- His parents got divorced when he was only 10 years old. His father is Sindhi, and his mother is a Bengali.
- His mother took a job as a line producer with the documentary film-maker, Shukla Das (his mother’s cousin) when Vikram was 10 years old.
- When Vikram turned 17, his mother started hosting and producing a TV talk show. He used to assist her with the research for the show.
- He met Sanjay Leela Bhansali for the first time on the sets of the talk show. Bhansali was an assistant director for Shukla Das.
- Vikram assisted on the TV talk show for 3 years, after which, he started working for Bhansali. He worked as an Assistant Director (AD) for 2,500 INR a month for two and a half years.
- He worked as an AD with Bhansali for films like “Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam” (1999) and “Devdas” (2002).
- He has also worked as a choreographer for Anurag Kashyap‘s 2003 movie, “Paanch”.
- In 2005, he got married to his long-time girlfriend, Ishika Mohan. He met Ishika when they were in school and they fell in love when they were in Class IX. Even though they broke up after a year, they got back together, and have been together since.
- His wife, Ishika, also appeared in his directorial debut movie, “Udaan” as Rajat Barmecha‘s mother.
- It took him seven years to start the shooting of “Udaan”; as no one was ready to produce the film. In 2009, Anurag Kashyap agreed to be the producer for the film. They completed the shooting of the film in just 42 days. Anurag has also written the dialogues of the film.
- In 2010, his film, Udaan became the first Indian film to be selected in the “Un Certain Regard” section of the “Cannes Film Festival” in 16 years.
- In 2011, Motwane, Anurag Kashyap, Vikas Bahl, and Madhu Mantena started a film production and distribution company named “Phantom Films”. The company was termed as a “Director’s Company” and they stated that it was a content-driven production outfit.
- Phantom Films has produced several super hit films such as “Queen”, “Hasee Toh Phasee”, “NH10”, “Hunterrr”, “Udta Punjab”, and many more.
- In 2014, Phantom Films was honoured with a National Award for the movie “Queen”, starring Kangana Ranaut.
- On 16 December 2016, Vikram, along with Zoya Akhtar and Reema Kagti, was hired by Amazon Prime Video to direct an original show which was to be released globally. It was also announced that Zoya will be directing Made in Heaven, and Vikramaditya will be directing “Stardust”; a period drama about two rival film producers.
- He is a very private person and refrains from coming into the limelight.
- In 2016, his movie “Trapped” was critically acclaimed and won several awards. The movie starred Rajkummar Rao.
- He got the opportunity to direct Sacred Games through Netflix. Netflix was looking for someone to film a “Netflix Original” show in India. The talent firm “Creative Artists Agency” approached Vikramaditya and set up a meeting with Netflix, after which the shooting of “Sacred Games” started in 2014. Vikram and Anurag Kashyap were the main directors of the web series.
- In season 1 of Sacred Games, Vikram shot the scenes involving Saif Ali Khan, and Anurag Kashyap shot the scenes involving Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
- After directing Sacred Games, he was chosen to be the executive producer of the Netflix Original- “Ghoul”, starring Radhika Apte and Manav Kaul.
- In 2018, the owners of “Phantom Films” announced that they will be dissolving their company. The production house was shut down after allegations of sexual harassment charges on Vikas Bahl by a former woman employee of Phantom Films. During the #MeToo India Movement of 2018, the woman came forward and stated that Vikas had sexually harassed her in 2015 and Anurag Kashyap had ignored her complaint about the matter.
— Vikramaditya Motwane (@VikramMotwane) October 7, 2018
- On 15 August 2019, the second season of Sacred Games was released. During the first season, Motwane was the director, but for the second season, he was appointed as the “Showrunner” and the “Creative Mind” of Sacred Games, and Neeraj Ghaywan was brought in as a co-director to shoot the scenes with Saif Ali Khan.