Hometown: Frankfurt, Germany
Husband: Tushaan Bhindi
Age: 35 Years
|Full Name||Evelyn Lakshmi Sharma|
|Profession(s)||Model, Actress, Singer, Lyricist, Entrepreneur & Philanthropist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (British): Turn Left (2006)
Film (Bollywood): From Sydney with Love (2012)
Film (Tollywood): Saaho (2019)
|Date of Birth||12 July 1986 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||35 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Business Management|
|Ethnicity||• Punjabi (From Father's Side)
• German (From Mother's Side)
|Hobbies||Singing, Writing, Travelling, Doing Yoga, Horse Riding|
|Controversies||• Evelyn attracted controversy when she posed nude for the ‘Krunch Magazine.’ What was amazing is that the magazine gained popularity because of her, rather than the other way around.
• In January 2014, a stage performance by Evelyn at the Saifai Mahotsav festival in UP landed her in the midst of a controversy involving the Samajwadi Party (SP) leader, Mulayam Singh Yadav and his son, Akhilesh Yadav. She was criticised for taking part in the fest, while more than 43,000 people had gone homeless in UP after the Muzaffarnagar riots before 3 months of the event.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||15 May 2021
|Marriage Place||Brisbane, Australia|
|Engagement Date||8 October 2019
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Tushaan Bhindi (Dental Surgeon from Australia)
|Husband/Spouse||Tushaan Bhindi (Australia-based dental surgeon)|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan|
|Book||“The Four Loves” by C.S. Lewis|
|Film(s)||Bollywood- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)
Hollywood- You’ve Got Mail (1998)
|Fashion Designers||Rocky S, Falguni, Shane Peacock, Sonaakshi Raj|
|Director||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Travel Destinations||Paris, Frankfurt, Philippines|
|Song||'Wolves' by Selena Gomez|
|Film Dialogue||“Main udna chahta hun, daudna chahta hun, girna bhi chahta hun. Bas, rukna nahi chahta” from ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Evelyn Sharma
- Does Evelyn Sharma drink alcohol:? Yes
- She was born to a German mother and Punjabi father in Frankfurt, Germany.
- She spent her childhood in a small town in Germany.
- She grew up sewing quilts from her old clothes using ancient sewing machines and her mother used to bring her second-hand clothes from the vintage markets.
- She developed an interest in ‘Drama’ in her childhood.
- In 2006, while in High School, she was offered a role in a British-American Film “Turn Left. “
- After completing her college studies, she started working for various charity organizations in Europe, and while working there, she was offered a modelling project, which she accepted as it gave her an opportunity to tour the world.
- She even did theatre in Germany, which paved her way to Bollywood.
- While working for different modelling projects in Europe and other countries, she was suggested to go to India as it would scale up her modelling/acting career.
- Before making her Bollywood debut, she did a number of Television Commercials in India.
- She took acting classes at Stella Adler Studio of Acting in New York.
- Evelyn played the role of ‘Lubaina Snyder’ in her Bollywood debut film “From Sydney with Love” (2012).
- She started dubbing her voice with her very first film.
- She came to the limelight after being featured in the Ranbir Kapoor starer film “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani”(2013).
- Evelyn’s performances were also praised in the films- Nautanki Saala and Issaq.
- Some of her noted films include “Issaq,” “Main Tera Hero,” “Hindi Medium,” “Yaariyan,” “Jab Harry Met Sejal,” and “Jack and Dil.”
- In 2014, Evelyn released her first music single ‘Something Beautiful,’ which was produced by Brooklyn Shanti.
- She never experienced a flight until the age of 18.
- She did her first solo lead in the film Ishqedarriyaan (2015) opposite Mithun Chakraborty‘s son Mahaakshay Chakraborty.
- She is a philanthropist and often lends a hand for the welfare of poor and downtrodden. She contributed in terms of foods and clothes to the victims of the 2015 Nepal Earthquake.
- On 11 December 2015, she founded a charity organization named Seams For Dreams; bringing together the film and fashion industry, Seams For Dreams works for the poor. The organization encourages people to donate clothes to needy ones.
- In 2016, she was invited by Donald Trump (the US President) at the White House for the dinner.
- During an interview, Evelyn revealed that if not an actor, she would have been an entrepreneur and owned a wellness spa or salon.
- Evelyn has featured on the covers of magazines like “Lifestyle Magazine,” “Women Fitness Magazine,” and “X O E Magazine.”
- Evelyn is fluent in 8 different languages which include Hindi, English, French, Thai, Russian, Dutch, Spanish, and Tagalog.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.
- Evelyn is a dog lover and has a pet dog named Buchki.
- After making a cameo in the British film “Turn Left,” Evelyn was approached by the filmmaker, Dominic Jackson, to play a meaty role in his next drama, but Sharma put down the proposal; as the concerned female character was required to go nude for a particular scene.
- In 2019, Evelyn was stalked by a fan, who was waiting for her arrival from the sets of Saaho.
- On 8 October 2019, Sharma’s boyfriend, Tushaan Bhindi, went down on his knees at the Harbour Bridge in Sydney and proposed his ladylove in a fairytale style. He presented her with a beautiful ring.
- While talking about the incident, Evelyn says,
It was a dream come true! Tushaan knows me so well, his proposal was perfect! We met on a blind date last year, which was set up by our good friend. Tushaan is a romantic guy and he’s even filmier than I am.”