Age: 53 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Nickname||Queen of Dandiya|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Music Composer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Bollywood Singer: "Kya Mil Gayi Dusri" from the film Aandhiyan (1990)
Album: Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi (1998)
|Awards||2000- Won the 'International Viewer's Choice Award for MTV India' for her Pop song "Maine Payal Hai Chhankai"
2017- Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award
|Date of Birth||12 March 1969|
|Age (as of 2022)||53 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India HT Times|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||Smt. M.M.K. College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai The Hindu|
|Educational Qualification||B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) The Hindu|
|Address||501, Shilpa Building, West Avenue Road, Santacruz West, Mumbai - 400054 Just Dial|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Going On Long Drives|
|Controversies||• In 2010, during the Navratri celebration in Ankleshwar, Gujarat, the localites accused Falguni Pathak and actress Shefali Jariwala for using double meaning words and doing obscene gestures during their performances.
• In September 2022, Neha Kakkar was heavily trolled on social media after she released the track O Sajna, a remake of Falguni Pathak's 1999 hit song 'Maine Payal Hai Chhankai.' Falguni Pathak shared many screenshots of her fans criticizing Kakkar for the remake on her Instagram stories. NDTV
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Food||Dal Dhokla, Pasta, Pizza, Pani Puri, Sev Puri, Dosa|
|Favourite Singer/Musician(s)||Asha Bhosle, Kishore Kumar, R. D. Burman, Shankar Mahadevan, Usha Uthup, Shubha Mudgal, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Michael Jackson, Boyzone, The Hindu Diwaliben Bhil, Divya Kumar, Parthiv Gohil|
|Dress||Chinos paired with a loose-fitting T-shirt and a black waistcoat|
|Restaurant(s)||Ram Ashraya, Elco Resturant, Puranmal, Vile Parle in Mumbai|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 20-25 lakhs/show|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Falguni Pathak
- Does Falguni Pathak smoke?: No
- Does Falguni Pathak drink alcohol?: No
- Falguni was born into a Gujarati family from Khar. The family had four daughters before Falguni was born.
- Behind her tomboyish appearance might be her family; as her parents were expecting a boy when Falguni was born.
- As a kid, she used to listen to a lot of radio, and eventually, she developed an interest in singing. At the age of 9, she gave her first stage performance at the INS Udaigiri Ship on the occasion of the Independence Day of India, where she had sung “Laila O Laila” from the film ‘Qurbani’ (1980). The Hindu
- When her father first came to know about her stage performances, he scolded her and even gave her physical punishment.
- Being brought up in a Gujarati family, she grew up listening to ‘Garba’ songs, which made her inclined towards this genre. It was her mother, who taught her Garba folk songs, and later, she started singing as a chorus singer at the Navratri events. Radio and Music
- In 1994, she formed a stage band called ‘Ta-Thaiya’ that performs both in India and abroad.
- Initially, PolyGram, a production company, wanted her to launch her with a ‘Dandiya’ album, but later, they decided to make a pop album; as they wanted to target the whole of India.
- In 1998, she shot to fame with her debut album ‘Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi’ in 1998 with Universal Music.
- She took formal training in vocal music from Bhavdeep Jaipurwale for 5 long years.
- In 2002, she tried her hand in costume designing and made contributions in films like- Dil Vil Pyar Vyar, and Dil Hai Tumhaara.
- According to her, she gets inspiration and power from her spiritual guru Shri Aniruddha Bapu.
- Despite being the “Queen of Dandiya,” she never wears “Ghagra Choli” costume.
- In 2014, Mangal Entertainment, and 3rd Rock Multimedia signed her for a huge amount of ₹1.6 crores for Navratri.
- She has made appearances in TV shows like- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, Kaun Banega Crorepati, Star Dandiya Dhoom, and Comedy Nights With Kapil.