|Real Name||Kanika Kapoor|
|Nickname||'Baby Doll' Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 5"
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 56 Kg
in Pounds- 123 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||33-25-34|
|Date of Birth||23 March 1981|
|Age (as in 2017)||36 Years|
|Birth Place||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Loreto Convent, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|College||Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||Masters in Music|
|Singing Debut||Singles: Jugni Ji (2012)
Bollywood Playback: 'Baby Doll' from the movie Ragini MMS 2 (2014)
|Family||Father- Rajeev Kapoor (Runs his family business of electrical trading)
Mother- Poonam Kapoor (runs a boutique)
Brother- Sasha (Elder, owns a company in London)
|Controversies||Singer & Music Producer Dr Zeus expressed his disappointment when he was not credited as the producer of the song "Baby Doll Main Sone Di", Kanika's debut Bollywood song. In a radio interview, he said that the fruits of all his hard work were reaped by Meet Bros., who were unfairly given the credits for the song.|
|Favourite Actors||Bollywood: Hrithik Roshan
Hollywood: Leonardo DiCaprio
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Musicians||A. R. Rahman, Vishal-Shekhar, Beyonce, Shakira, Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez and Justin Bieber|
|Favourite Designers||Peter Dundas, Christian Laqua, Rohit Bal|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Dr. Raj Chandok (Doctor, m. 1997–2012)
|Children||Daughters- Aayana, Samara
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kanika Kapoor
- Does Kanika Kapoor smoke?: No
- Does Kanika Kapoor drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Kanika is a trained classical singer under musician Ganesh Prasad Mishra from Varanasi.
- Besides singing, she is also a trained Kathak dancer.
- In Lucknow, Kanika has a large extended family, comprising of around 150+ members, all living nearby.
- When she was only 11 years old, she got to sing on the All India Radio (AIR).
- She tried her luck in Bollywood when she was 16 years old, but it didn’t work and she got married and moved to London.
- Her elder brother, Sasha, and Harmeet Singh (from duo Meet Brothers) used to study in the same class and were close friends. This is how Kanika Kapoor knows Meet Brothers; in fact, she considers Harmeet & Manmeet as her brothers.
- Popular bhajan singer, Anupa Jalota, is her father’s childhood friend.
- At a mere age of 12, she began to do shows (Jagrans) with singer Anup Jalota, whom she considers next to her father.
- She got married to Dr Raj Chandok at the age of 17 and immigrated to London. However, her in-laws didn’t allow her to pursue singing as they thought that it was not a ‘good’ profession.
- Owing to her in-laws’ decision, a talented singer remained a housewife for 13 years. However, she couldn’t take it anymore and parted ways with her husband in 2012.
- After her divorce, Kanika moved to India along with her children; however, since her children were not able to adjust in the Indian environment and were getting ill, she moved back to London.
- She became popular after the release of her song “Jugni Ji” in 2012. Notably, the track was the remix version of the Pakistani Sufi song “Alif Allah”, which was originally sung by Arif Lohar and Meesha Shafi at the third season of Coke Studio Pakistan (2010).
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡