|Full Name||Ajay Ashok Gogavale|
|Profession(s)||Music Director, Music Composer, Singer|
|Famous For||His music in movies Sairat and Dhadak|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 177 cm
in meters- 1.77 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 190 lbs
|Date of Birth||21 August 1976|
|Age (as in 2017)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||Alandi, Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Alandi, Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Debut||Vishwavinayaka in 2004 (Album; a set of 6 songs devoted to Lord Ganesha)|
|Political Inclination||Maharashtra Navnirman Sena|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• National Award : 2010 (Marathi film Jogwa)
• BIG FM Best Playback Singer Award : 2010
• Zee Cine Best Background Score Award : 2013 (Agneepath)
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known
|Children||Son- Name Not Known
Daughter- Not Known
|Parents||Father- Ashok Gogavale (Revenue Department Officer)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Atul Gogawale (Musician)
Sister- Not Known
|Favourite Music Composers||Vishal-Shekhar, Vishal Bhardwaj, Shankar Ehsaan Loy, AR Rahman and Amit Trivedi|
|Favourite Singers||Shankar Mahadevan, AR Rahman, Amit Trivedi|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹15 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ajay Gogavale
- Does Ajay Gogavale smoke?: Not Known
- Does Ajay Gogavale drink alcohol?: No (he quit)
- In his childhood, he was not much interested in academics. His love for music started when he was in school.
- He was raised in many villages in Maharashtra; as his father had a transferable job.
- Ajay has an elder brother, Atul. He was also was into music from his childhood and currently, they both work together as music director-composers.
- He did his early education from Shirur near Pune.
- In an interview, he revealed that he and his brother started composing music for poems when he was in 2nd and his brother in 4th standard.
- During school days, he, along with his elder brother Atul, started experimenting with music. In an NCC competition, he played an existing composition differently, and he won the prize for his experiment.
- His family faced many economic problems during his childhood and hence wanted their children to concentrate on studies rather than music. They couldn’t afford any musical instruments but this never hindered his love for the art. When he was in college, his father gifted him and his brother a high-end keyboard on which they perfected their skills.
- After completing his education, he moved to Mumbai with his brother. There, he, along with his brother, started working on jingles, making songs for serials and small albums.
- He and Atul received their first award for the drama series “Sahi re Sahi” directed by Kedar Shinde.
- He and Atul got a big break in the Ram Gopal Varma‘s movie Gaayab in 2004.
- The duo received immense recognition for their songs in the movie “Aga Bai Arecha” with songs like Malhar Wari, Mann Udhan Varyache and many others. These songs are still considered classics.
- In 2008, for the movie “Jatra,” they directed the music for the song Kombdi Palali. This song, with some modifications, was later used in Hrithik Roshan’s Hindi movie Agneepath as Chikni Chameli.
- They didn’t just work in Marathi music industry but also in Bollywood as well. They worked in some famous films like Singham, PK and Brothers.
- He was also the judge of the Reality Show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa (Marathi)”.
- In 2016, they had one of the biggest hits in their career with the Marathi Blockbuster movie, Sairat. They went to Los Angeles, U.S.A to compose the songs of the film. All the songs from the movie gained huge success.
- In 2017, he had an anxiety attack on his way to “Zee Chitra Gaurav Awards”, he was admitted in the Lilavati hospital and was discharged the next day.
- He and his brother has given the background score for Narendra Modi‘s Make In India presentation used by the PMO for foreign delegates.
- In 2018, he, along with his brother, worked in the movie “Dhadak” starring Ishaan Khatter and Jhanvi Kapoor, a Hindi adaptation of the movie Sairat. He rekindled the famous Marathi song from Sairat in Dhadak with the same name, “Zingaat“. He also collaborated with Shreya Ghoshal to sing the title song for the movie.