|Associated With||Lawrence Bishnoi and his Gang|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Instagram Height||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 46 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 16 Inches
|Date of Birth||2 November 1993 (Tuesday)|
|Birthplace||Kot Kapura, Punjab, India|
|Date of Death||11 October 2020|
|Place of Death||Outside City Emporium Mall, Industrial Area, Phase I, Chandigarh|
|Age (at the time of death)||26 Years|
|Death Cause||Shot Dead The Tribune|
|Hometown||Kot Kapura, Punjab, India|
|College/University||• DAV College, Chandigarh
• Panjab University, Chandigarh
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Tattoo(s)||• A tattoo on his right Shoulder
• Hand grenade tattoo on his right forearm
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Satpal Singh Brar
Mother- Name Not Known
|Cousin||Brother- Goldy Brar (Gangster)|
|Car Collection||Toyota Fortuner|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gurlal Brar
- Gurlal Brar was an Indian gangster and member of “Lawrence Bishnoi and his gang.” He was involved in various crimes like murder and extortion.
- He was born and brought up in Kot Kapura, Punjab, India.
- During his college days, he was elected as the President of (SOPU), a student union at Panjab University.
- In 2016, during the student union election, he vandalized the poster of the opposition parties at DAV College, sector 10, Chandigarh and threatened them to bear the consequences of contesting elections against him.
- In 2020, his two female friends had an argument at a mall with some other girls. His friends called him o the spot, and he had a heated argument with other girls. During the argument, he slapped a girl. Gurlal Brar was booked under section 354 for this act. The Tribune
- On the evening of 10 October 2020, after spending some time at the Playboy Club in City Emporium Mall, Chandigarh, he went to Paara Club at a nearby mall, Centra Mall, to celebrate the birthday of his female friend. He asked his friends to pick him up from Paara Club in 10 minutes. After reaching the mall, he was parking his SUV on the roadside, and the security guard asked him to park the car somewhere else. He drove his car to the pavement and while was in his car a few men on two motorcycles rushed toward him and started firing at him. Reportedly, after a seven-round of firing, the assailants fled from the scene following which the police arrived and took Gurlal Brar to the hospital, where he was declared brought dead. According to the local police,
The victim’s friends arrived at the spot to pick him up they saw him lying in a pool of blood. His head was resting on the steering wheel. They thought that Gurlal might have met with an accident as the SUV was parked on the pavement. One of Gurlal’s friends called a bouncer who works at a club. He reached there and they all rushed Gurlal to the PGI where the doctors declared him brought dead. On reaching the hospital, the victim’s friends came to know that he was shot.”
- On 11 October 2020, Davinder Bambiha group took responsibility for Gurlal Brar’s murder through a post on social media. According to Davinder Bambiha, it was revenge for Lavi Deora’s murder that was committed by Gurlal Brar and his gang in Kot Kapura, Punjab.
- Following the murder of Gurlal Brar, the police registered a case against Dilpreet Singh Dhahan, alias Baba who allegedly provided the arms used in the killing of Gurlal Brar, which the police recovered from a nullah in the industrial area of Chandigarh.
- The police also recovered the bike used in the murder of Gurlal Brar. According to police, Gurvinder Singh and Gurmeet Singh alias Geeta had provided this bike to the shooters. Later, Gurmeet Singh alias Geeta told the police that they gave this bike to the shooters of Kot Kapura named Neeraj Chaska and Mandeep Mandy.
- In 2021, Punjab Police arrested the main shooter of the Gurlal Brar murder case who was identified as gangster Beant Singh. During the police investigation, Beant Singh revealed that he committed the crime along with Neeraj Chaska and Mandeep Mandy.
- Amid the Gurlal Brar murder case, the industrial area police of Chandigarh was criticized for its negligence as Gurlal Brar was a wanted criminal, and the police had no clue when he was enjoying parties at various clubs in the area.
- On 29 May 2022, following the murder of Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala, gangster Goldy Brar, a member of Lawrence Bishnoi and his gang, took responsibility for Moose Wala’s murder. He wrote,
I, along with Sachin Bishnoi Dhattaranwali, Lawrence Bishnoi group, take responsibility for the killing of Sidhu Moose Wala. His name came up in connection with the murder of Vicky Middukhera and Gurlal Brar and despite this, the police did nothing.”