|• Cutie Minister The Free Press Journal
• Samu Facebook - Samarpan Lama
|Winning the dance reality show India's Best Dancer Season 3 (2023)
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.6 m
in feet & inches- 5’5”
|in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Date of Birth
|3 December 2003 (Wednesday)
|Age (as of 2023)
|Father: Dimdung Dheeren (works abroad)
Mother: Name not Known (homemaker)
|Brother- Sudhir Lama
|Sidharth Malhotra, Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Samarpan Lama
Samarpan Lama is an Indian dancer, who won the dance reality show India’s Best Dancer Season 3 in 2023.
- His parents belong to Nepal, and they came to India in search of work a few years ago. His father, Dimdung Dheeren, works abroad and visits the family once in 2-3 years.
- Samarpan completed his schooling in Pune and later decided to move to Bombay. His parents opposed his decision as they wanted him to prepare for the IELTS exam and pursue a bachelor’s degree in Australia.
- He started dancing in 2020 without professional training. He followed various international dancers on YouTube to learn dance. He took one year to establish himself as a dancer; he promised his parents that if he wasn’t able to do something in a year then he would pursue a bachelor’s degree in Australia according to their wish.
- In 2021, he gave an audition on the Nepali TV Channel OSR Reality for the TV show Dance Champion. Instagram – Samarpan Lama
- In 2023, he auditioned for India’s Best Dancer Season 3 in which he was rejected in the digital audition round. However, he later got a call from the team of the show that they wanted to see his live performance. He went to Mumbai for a performance and made it to the next rounds of the competition. Times Now
- According to him, he never believed that he would win the show. He just went to learn more about dancing and enjoy the journey. In an interview, he shared his experience after winning the title of India’s Best Dancer,
I know people say that reality shows were popular earlier but as a young dancer, I couldn’t have asked for a better stage. India’s Best Dancer not only gave me a platform to showcase my talent but also honed my skills. The choreographers, judges, and even the contestants have added so much to my life. I am going back as a better version of myself and I hope to only get better with time.”
- On 30 September 2023, in the grand finale of the show, Lama was declared the winner of the show. On the same day, he was reunited with his father after a gap of two years; his father has been working abroad for the last 17 years.
- The finale episode featured Govinda, one of Bollywood’s most prolific dancers. Tiger Shroff and Kriti Sanon also appeared to promote their film Ganapath.
- During the show, he earned the title of ‘King of Contemporary’ from the judge of the show, Terence Lewis while the Bollywood actress Sonali Bendre gave him the nickname ‘Cutie Minister.’
- In one of the episodes, he experienced a fan-boy moment of his life when as a touching gesture Remo D’Souza gifted him a pair of shoes as a token of respect for his dance talent.
- Samarpan ‘s choreographer was Pooja Khanduja who won an amount of Rs. 5 lakhs while Samarpan Lama won an amount of Rs. 15 Lakh.
- Before appearing on the show, he had only 900 followers on Instagram but after his performance on the TV show, his fan following increased day by day; as of September 2023, he has almost 319k followers on Instagram and 231k subscribers on YouTube for which he received a YouTube silver button. YouTube – Samarpan Lama Official
- He loves to give interviews because he believes that it is the best medium to update his fans whom he calls ‘My People.’
- In an interview, he shared what he would do with the prize money of Rs. 15 lakhs and said,
I will Rs. 6 lakh to my parents. My father always wanted to own a bike so I’m thinking of giving him a bike. The remaining money I will use to pay rent as I have decided to stay here in Mumbai and pursue my further studies. With this, I am also thinking of learning dance professionally as I want to represent India on the international level in dancing.”
- He is an animal lover and has a pet dog named Richard.