|Full name||Mian Muhammad Hamza Shahbaz
|Famous for||Being the Chief Minister of Punjab, Pakistan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Political Party||Pakistan Muslim League (N)
|Political Ideology||Conservatism Pragmatism Pakistani Nationalism Hamza info|
|Political Journey||• Hamza started his political journey in 2011 after the Pakistan Muslim League (N) selected him as the general-secretary of the Punjab.
• He contested the 2008 Pakistan general election as an independent candidate but lost.
• In 2008, he was elected to the National Assembly of Pakistan as a candidate of Pakistan Muslim League (N).
• In the 2013 Pakistan general election, he was re-elected to the National Assembly as a candidate of PML-N.
• In the 2018 Pakistan general election, he was re-elected to the National Assembly as a candidate of PML-N.
• In the 2018 Pakistan general election, he was also elected to the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab as a candidate of PML-N.
• On 13 August 2018, he was nominated for the office of Chief Minister of Punjab by PML-N, but could not win.
• On 25 August 2018, he was nominated as the opposition leader in Punjab Assembly by the PML-N. He was appointed as the Leader of the Opposition in the Punjab Assembly on 6 September 2018.
• On 16 April 2022, he was elected as the Chief Minister of the Provincial Assembly of Punjab.
• He is also serving as the Vice President of Pakistan Muslim League (N) since May 2019.
|Date of Birth||6 September 1974 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||48 Years|
|School||Aitchison College, Lahore|
|College/University||• Government College University, Lahore (GCUL)
• London School of Economics and Political Science, England
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Laws Hamza info|
|Ethnicity||Bhat Kashmiri tribe|
|Sect||Sunni Global Security|
|Address||H #41, S Block Lahore, Post Office DHA Lahore Cantt|
|Controversies||• Money Laundering Case:
On 11 June 2019, he was arrested by the National Accountability Bureau over corruption charges. He was arrested in two cases regarding money laundering and holding assets beyond means. DAWN
• Illegal transaction of money:
In 2021, Hamza and his father Shehbaz were arrested by Federal Investigation Agency that alleged that Rs. 16.3 bn were transacted through 28 benami accounts. The agency also claimed that eleven employees of the Sharif group were used for the transaction of this money. DAWN
• Sugar Scandal Case:
In 2020, Hamza was also arrested in a sugar scandal case by Federal Investigation Agency that alleged that money laundering of Rs. 25 bn was done using employees of Ramzan (RSML) and AI-Arabia Sugar Mills (ASML) using fake accounts. However, Hamza claimed that these transactions were business transactions. He was granted bail on 24 February 2021. The News
• Marriage with Ayesha Ahad:
In 2017, in a press conference, Ayesha Ahad claimed that she was married to Hamza, but he denied it. In an interview, she talked about the torture she was going through after filing the case, she said,
Severe torture has been inflicted on my daughter (Ayesha) and grand daughter (Mahnoor) on the order of the chief minister secretariat. Investigation Officer Zulifqar Cheema kept torturing Ms Ayesha for hours, pressing her to write it down that she has no relation with Mr Hamza and that she will not talk about it before media." DAWN
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||• Mehrunissah Hamza
• Ayesha Ahad (m. 2010)
• Rabia Hamza (m. 2012)
|Children||Daughter- Samawiyah Hamza|
|Parents||Father- Shehbaz Sharif (politician)
Mother- Begum Nusrat Shahbaz
|Siblings||Brother- Suleman Shahbaz (former CEO of Sharif Group)
• Rabia Imran
• Khadija Shehbaz
• Javeria Shahbaz Sharif
|Assets/Properties (as of 2018)||Rs 411 million DAWN|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hamza Shahbaz
- Hamza Shahbaz is a Pakistani politician who is known for being the 21st Chief Minister of Punjab, Pakistan.
- Hamza was interested in politics from a young age as he was put in the Adiala Jail during his college life in 1994 along with other Pakistan Muslim League leaders.
- In 2011, when Hamza’s father and uncle were sent to exile, he handled the family business.
- In 2017, Behrouz Sabzwari, a renowned film and television artist, appreciated the efforts made by Hamza to eradicate terrorism in Pakistan.
- In 2019, it was reported that Hamza’s newborn daughter was diagnosed with a serious cardiac issue, and doctors had advised Hamza and his family that their daughter must undergo surgery. In an interview, a source talked about the situation in the hospital and said,
Doctors have told the family that the baby’s situation is such that she must remain in intensive care unit till the by pass surgery is done, followed by post operation care and stability. Doctors are hopeful that they will do their best.”
- In an interview, he said that he did not want to remain in the shadow of his uncle and father. He said,
When I won [in a by-election at NA-119 in 2008], I did not want to work in the shadows. I wanted to take initiatives on my own and prove my worth. I don’t want to be remembered as Hamza Shahbaz Sharif. I want t be remembered as a person who did something for the people.”
- When he was the leader of the opposition, he focused on education and health. He started a women’s college in Gowalmandi and Choona Mandi, model hospitals, and restored historic sites.
- Hamza likes singing, and in 2021, he was spotted singing at the marriage of her cousin’s daughter.
- He is often featured in various newspapers.
- He is a travel enthusiast and often travels to scenic and hilly areas in the North of Pakistan.