Harshal Patel (Cricketer) Height, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||Harshal Vikram Patel|
|Profession||Cricketer (Right-arm medium bowler)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|International Debut||T20- 19 November 2021 against New Zealand at JSCA International Stadium Complex|
|Jersey Number||#73, 13 (Domestic)|
|Domestic/State Team||Gujarat, Haryana, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Daredevils|
|Date of Birth||23 November 1990|
|Age (as of 2022)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Sanand, Gujarat, India|
|Hometown||Sanand, Gujarat, India|
|College||H.A. College Of Commerce, Ahmedabad, Gujarat|
|Coach/Mentor||Tarak Trivedi, Ian Pont|
|Hobbies||Listening to music|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Parents||Father- Vikram Patel (Works with Prime Flight Aviation)
Mother- Darshna Patel (Works at Dunkin Donuts)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harshal Patel
- Harshal is a USA Green Card holder. Though his family emigrated to the USA in 2005, he stayed in India as he wanted to become a cricketer.
- At the age of 8, he started training in cricket under the guidance of ‘Tarak Trivedi.’
- In 2008, he joined the Aggressive Cricket Club and played in the Cricket League of New Jersey (CLNJ).
- He then played for ‘India Under-19’ in Vinoo Mankad Trophy and picked 23 wickets in the 2008-2009 season.
- In 2009, he got selected in the ‘Gujarat’ cricket team and made his List A debut in Vijay Hazare Trophy against ‘Maharashtra’ at Rajkot, Gujarat.
- He was also the part of the ‘India Under-19’ squad for ‘2010 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup’ but didn’t get the opportunity to play.
- In the same year, Mumbai Indians bought him for Rs. 8 lakhs for the 2010 Indian Premier League’ (IPL) auction but again he didn’t play.
- He later started playing for ‘Haryana’ after not giving an opportunity to play for ‘Gujarat.’
- He then played his first T20 match in 2011 for ‘Haryana’ against ‘Punjab’ at Rohtak, Haryana.
- He came into limelight when he picked five wickets against ‘Bangalore’ in an inning.
- ‘Royal Challengers Bangalore’ (RCB) bought him twice in 2011 & in 2012 for the IPL auction.
- In 2018, ‘Delhi Daredevils’ bought him for Rs. 20 lakhs for the ‘2018 IPL’ auction.
- In March 2023, while talking on the RCB podcast, he opened up about how he dealt with the death of his sister in April 2022 and the birth of his son seven days after his sister’s death. He said,
When my sister passed away, I was in grief for a week. She passed away on April 9 (2022). I was in quarantine. I was talking to my niece and nephew and everyone back home. I wanted to go, hug them and cry with them. But we were doing it on the phone, because that was the only option available. Then seven days later, my son was born. So, I kind of went numb for a week, 10 days. I did not really know what I was feeling — whether I should be happy, whether I should be sad. It would all come in waves.”
There were times when I probably cried three-four times in my room every day. And then I would see my son on FaceTime and, and be extremely joyful. When you have those polar emotions, pulling at you constantly, it can be quite draining.” The Indian Express
|↑1||The Indian Express|