|Known for||Being the president of Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Political Party||Rashtriya Lok Dal
|Political Journey||Elected to 15th Lok Sabha
• 31 August 2009: Member, Committee on Agriculture
• 7 October 2009: Member, Committee on Ethics
|Date of Birth||27 December 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Dallas, Texas (USA)|
|Hometown||Mathura, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||• Shri Venkateswara College, Delhi University
• London School of Economics
|Educational Qualification||• Undergraduate from Shri Venkateswara College, Delhi University Jayant Chaudhary
• 2002: M.Sc., (Accounts and Finance) at London School of Economics and Political Science, U.K. Jayant Chaudhary Lok Sabha Profile
|Address||12, Tughlak Road, New Delhi-110 011|
|Hobbies||Arts and Listening to music|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||14 Aug 2003|
Sahira and Ilesha
|Parents||Grandfather- Chaudhary Charan Singh (former prime minister of India)
Grandmother- Gayatri Devi
Father- Chaudhary Ajit Singh (former union minister)
Mother- Radhika Singh
• Nidhi Gupta
• Deepa Singh
|Assets/Properties My Neta||Movable Assets
Cash: R.s 2,59,680
Deposits in Banks: Rs. 63,88,164
Bonds, Debentures and Shares: Rs. 3,81,81,979
NSS, Postal Savings: Rs. 5,84,289
Personal loans/advance: Rs. 8,11,76,516
Jewellery: Rs. 19,000
Other assets: Rs. 1,00,930
Total: Rs. 12,67,10,558
Agricultural Land: Rs. 6,33,24,253
Commercial Buildings: Rs. 2,47,50,000
Residential Buildings: Rs. 6,02,39,000
Total: Rs. 14,83,13,253
Loans due to Individual: Rs.2,88,87,697
Any other Liability: Rs. 32,54,921
Total of Liabilities: Rs. 3,21,44,068
|Net Worth (approx.) as of 2019||Rs. 24,28,79,743 My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jayant Chaudhary
- Jayant Chaudhary is an Indian politician. In 2009, he was elected as a Member of Parliament from the Mathura constituency in Uttar Pradesh and held the position till 2014. Jayant Chaudhary is the National President of the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD). In 2022, amid the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, Jayant Chaudhary was gearing up for his first assembly elections as the president of RLD after the death of his father, Ajit Singh Chaudhary, in 2021 due to the COVID-19.
- In 2011, Jayant Chaudhary was the leader of the protests against the unfair acquisitions of land in Uttar Pradesh including the Noida, Greater Noida, Mathura, Hathras, Agra and Aligarh districts. He is an active critic against the 1894 land acquisition law that acquired a large scale of fertile lands of farmers in Uttar Pradesh by the state government. He also stood against the misuse of the provisions of the Acquisition Act that led to the violence against the protestors at Bhatta Parsaul, Bajna and Tappal in 2011.
- In 2010, Jayant Chaudhary raised his voice against the Central Government and called to pass a new Land Acquisition law in parliament amid the farmers’ protest at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi on 26 August 2010. He introduced a Private Member’s Bill on Land Acquisition in the Lok Sabha on 5 August 2011. This bill included the measure that there would be no allocation of private profit to the government and the use of urgency clause in the acquired land. Private Member’s Bill was introduced by him to amend the Right to Information Act so that there would be more transparency in the PPPs (Public-Private Partnerships).
- In the Indian parliament, Jayant Chaudhary often advocates the issues related to climate change in India and its effects on agriculture and the environment. In his statements, he often focuses on the need for a global understanding and commitment to the climate change issue.
- Jayant Chaudhary actively supports renewable energy in India. In May 2011, he participated in a conference in the European Parliament in Brussels organised by the climate parliament organization. Soon, in a letter to the government of India, he urged them to create a vision to achieve a 15 % share of solar, wind, biomass and other renewable energy technologies in the total electricity supply by the year 2020.
- Soon after his appointment in the 15th Lok Sabha in 2009, Jayant Chaudhary was given the responsibility as a member of several Parliamentary Committees; the Standing Committees on Commerce, Agriculture and Finance, the Consultative Committee on Finance, the Committee on Ethics, and the Committee on Government Assurances.
- Jayant Chaudhary is a member of the General Board of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). He is the co-chairman of the ICCI Indo-British Forum of Parliamentarians. He is also a board member of the Indo-Venezuela Parliamentary Friendship Group.
- Jayant Chaudhary is a member of the Climate Parliament and Globe India organizations that focuses on ensuring energy security in developing nations and educating policymakers on climate change issues.
- In 2014, Jayant Chaudhary contested the general Lok Sabha elections from the Mathura constituency of Uttar Pradesh but lost the seat against the Bharatiya Janata Party candidate Hema Malini.
- In 2021, the Lakhimpur Kheri incident was regarded as a ‘terror attack’ by Jayant Chaudhary. In this incident, nine people were declared dead. Jayant Mishra demanded the arrest of Union MoS (home) Ajay Mishra and his son under section the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA). The Times of India
- On 25 May 2021, Jayant Chaudhary was appointed as the Chairman of Rashtriya Lok Dal soon after the death of his father Chaudhary Ajit Singh, who was a former union minister of India.
- Chess and cricket are Jayant Chaudhary’s favourite recreational activities. He is a member of the Delhi State Rifle Association, DDCA, and Delhi Flying Club.
- In his leisure time, Jayant Chaudhary likes travelling to countries including Australia, France, China, Germany, U.K. and U.S.A.
- In 2021, Jayant Chaudhary was spotted actively participating in the farmers’ protests at New Delhi, and he was captured distributing the food to the farmers.
- Jayant Chaudhary is very active on social media. He is followed by more than 70k people on his Instagram account. More than 500k people follow him on his Facebook page.
- On 28 January 2022, Jayant Chaudhary stated in his tweet that he would never join the Bhartiya Janata Party in future. India Today He said,
Amit Shah also wants to isolate the jats in UP as he has done in Haryana. But I won’t let it happen. I will give it in writing. Not just after the UP polls, I shall never join the BJP. My party will be finished if I ever tie up with BJP.”
- On 5 February 2022, the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath stated in a conversation with a media house that Jayant Chaudhary was a good person but made a wrong alliance with Akhilesh Yadav. News18 He said that the advice given by home minister Amit Shah to Jayant Chaudhary was misunderstood by him. Yogi Adityanath said,
Home Minister Amit Shah gave useful advice to Jayant Chaudhary, but he misconstrued the advice… Jayant might be a good person but he is in the wrong alliance. We have huge respect for Chowdhury Charan Singh ji and the legacy he left,”
- On 7 February 2022, Jayant Chaudhary stated that for the 2022 Uttar Pradesh assembly elections the weather was bad for the Bharatiya Janata Party. In his tweet, Jayant Chaudhary stated soon after the physical rally of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi got cancelled. The Times of India He wrote,
The sun is shining in Bijnor but the weather is bad for the BJP!”
- As the BJP unsuccessfully tried to woo Jayant Chaudhary for the 2022 assembly elections, he was spotted campaigning with the former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh Akhilesh Yadav.
- Jayant Chaudhary is an environmentalist. He often posts pictures on social media while advocating plantations to his followers.