|Nickname||Sam Times of India|
|Profession(s)||Actor and Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Debut||TV: Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (2004) as Krishna Agarwal
Film: Hasee To Phasee (2014)
|Last TV Serial||Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke (2019)
|Date of Birth||3 May 1976 (Monday)|
|Date of Death||5 August 2020 (Wednesday) NDTV|
|Place of Death||Neha CHS building, situated at Ahinsa Marg in Malad West, Mumbai|
|Age (at the time of death)||44 Years|
|Death Cause||Accidental Death NDTV|
|School||Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram, New Delhi|
|College/University||Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Economics Facebook|
|Hobbies||Doing Poetry, Cooking, Doing Photography, Reading, and Driving|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Divorced (2014)|
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Siblings||Sister- Niveddita Joshee
|Actor(s)||Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Sidharth Malhotra|
|Singer||A. R. Rahman|
|Perfume(s)||Gucci, Club the Nuit Man|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sameer Sharma
- Sameer Sharma was an actor and model who was born and brought up in Delhi.
- After completing his studies, he shifted to Bangalore and worked for an advertising agency. Later, he joined an IT firm and after a few months, he quit his job and started working with Radio City in Bangalore.
- In 2004, he moved to Mumbai for making his career as an actor. He auditioned for many TV serials and got his first break in Balaji Telefilms.
- He played the role of ‘Nitin’ in the Hindi TV serial, ‘Dil Kya Chahta Hai’ (2005).
- Some of his other Hindi TV serials are ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ (2006), ‘Dil Kya Chahta Hai’ (2005), ‘Four’ (2007), ‘Left Right Left’ (2006), ‘Jyoti’ (2009), ‘Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki’ (2010), and ‘Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke’ (2019).
- He has played small roles in a few Bollywood like ‘Hasee To Phasee’ (2014), ‘Ittefaq’ (2017), and ‘Tamasha’ (2015).
- He did a few modelling assignments and was featured in various TV commercials
- In 2017, he was critically ill and was suffering from typhoid and jaundice. He was admitted to a private hospital in Bangalore. In an interview, he said
I had multiple health aberrations with typhoid and jaundice. I was part of many shows at that moment. I do not like talking about anything. I was collapsing and that was when I had to be taken to Bangalore for treatment. It took me nearly 3 months to recover. Post that, I stayed in Bangalore for another 9 months or so. And now it is a nice feeling to get back to work.”
- He was very fond of dogs and had a few pet dogs.
- On the demise of Late Sushant Singh Rajput, he uploaded a few posts on his Instagram account.
- On 6 August 2020, he was found hanging from his kitchen’s ceiling in Malad. He had shifted in his this rented apartment in February 2020. The security guard of the building was the first person to found his body. A case of accidental death was registered by the local police. It was also suspected that he may have died two days back. News 18 One of the police officers said,
- On his demise, the Bollywood actor, Sidharth Malhotra said,
Really sad and unfortunate. #RIPSameerSharma.”
- Actress Shweta Rohira tweeted,
May #SameerSharma soul rest in peace. prayers for the closed ones to have strength to cope up with the loss. It’s unfortunate @ rate suicides n depression is increasing in our society may be we all need to give it a serious thought and not just think but take actions too
- The Bollywood actor, Varun Dhawan also mourned on his death.
- On his demise the popular TV actor, Avinash Sachdev who was also a close friend of Samir said,
I was in touch with him through the lockdown; just two weeks ago, we were chatting with each other via voice notes. He told me that he feels blessed to have come back from a bad phase in life, which he fought successfully and now he was busy with work. He went through a rough patch when he fell ill and was hospitalised in Bengaluru, a couple of years ago. After his recovery, his parents were averse to him returning to Mumbai, but he came back and rented an apartment not too far from my residence. In fact, on Wednesday night, I had passed through his lane and saw two fire brigades and a police van outside the building. I checked with another friend, who told me that someone had died by suicide. Yesterday, I got to know that it was Sam. I am still shaken up and can’t come to terms with it. Sam was a fighter, not someone who would give up. Just 15 days ago, he was in Lonavala and had told me that he wanted to step out.”
- He posted his last status on Facebook on 27 July 2020.