Wife: Sapna Sawant
Age: 48 Years
|Full name||Kamlesh Tukaram Sawant Pradeep Khamgal - YouTube|
|Known for||Playing the role of a police inspector, Laxmikant Gaitonde, in the Hindi film Drishyam in 2015
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Debut||Film (Hindi; as a supporting actor): Khakee (2004) as Kamlesh Sawant
Film (Marathi; as a supporting actor): Ek Krantiveer: Vasudev Balwant Phadke (2007)
|Date of Birth||12 June 1974 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Chhatrapati Shivaji Vidyalaya, Mumbai|
|College/University||Bhavan's College in Mumbai Kamlesh Sawant - Facebook|
|Relationships & More|
Daughter- Swara Sawant
|Parents||Father- Tukaram Sawant (a former sports secretary and clerk in the Indian Railways)
Mother- Name not known
|Siblings||Kamlesh has 3 elder sisters and a elder brother|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kamlesh Sawant
- Kamlesh Sawant is an Indian actor who shot to fame in 2015 for playing the role of a police inspector, Laxmikant Gaitonde, in the Hindi film Drishyam.
- Kamlesh is best known for playing the role of a cop in most of his Marathi and Hindi films.
- In an interview, Kamlesh revealed that his father Tukarm Sawant encouraged him and his elder brother to pursue a career in bodybuilding.
- In 2002, Kamlesh appeared as Rastogi in the Hindi television series CID
- In 2011, Kamlesh appeared in the Hindi film Force, starring John Abraham in which he played the role of a police inspector, Kamlesh Sawant.
- Kamlesh appeared in a few Marathi films like Daagdi Chaawl (2015) as Kale, Laal Ishq as Kale (2016), Shaheed Bhai Kotwal (2020) as Gomaji Patil, and Faas (2022) as Baliram.
- In 2015, Kamlesh rose to popularity in the Hindi film industry when he played the role of a police inspector, Laxmikant Gaitonde, in the film Drishyam, starring Ajay Devgan and Tabu.
- In 2015, Kamlesh, during an interview, revealed that he received hatred from the audience in the form of abusive text messages and phone calls from random people for playing the role of a cold-hearted cop, Laxmikant Gaitonde, in the Hindi film Drishyam.
- In 2017, Kamlesh was awarded the Best Actor Award in the comedy genre for the Marathi film Zhalla Bobhata at the Maharashtra State Film Awards.
- Kamlesh appeared in a few Hindi films like Sooryavanshi (2021) as Arnab Deshpande and Drishyam 2 (2022) as Laxmikant Gaitonde.
- On 12 October 2021, while celebrating the occasion of World Postal Day, the Mumbai East Postal Department honoured Kamlesh with a postal stamp bearing his photograph for his contribution to the Indian cinema.