|Full Name||Riya Sen Dev Varma|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in feet inches- 5’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||24 January 1981|
|Age (as in 2018)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||Loreto House, Kolkata|
|College/Institute||• Rani Birla Girls' College, Kolkata
• National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduate
• Course in Fashion Designing
|Debut||Bollywood (as a child artist): Vishkanya (1991)
Tamil Film: Taj Mahal (1999)
Bollywood (as an actress): Style (2001)
Bengali Film: Mone Pore Tomake (2001)
Malayalam Film: Anandhabhadram (2005)
Hollywood: It Was Raining That Night (2005)
Telugu Film: Nenu Meeku Telusa...? (2008)
Oriya Film: My Love Story (2013)
|Hobbies||Swimming, Doing Yoga, Listening to Music, Dancing, Painiting
|Awards||2012- Star Guild Bengali Film Award for Best Actress for her performance in 'Noukadubi'|
|Controversy||Once an MMS of her and her boyfriend, Ashmit Patel was leaked, which went viral on the Internet. MMS showed the pair in compromising positions in a hotel bedroom.|
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||John Abraham (Actor)
Ashmit Patel (Actor)
Salman Rushdie (Novelist, Rumoured)
Yuvraj Singh (Cricketer)
|Marriage Date||16 August 2017|
|Parents||Father- Bharat Dev Varma
Mother- Moon Moon Sen (Actress, Politician)
Sister- Raima Sen (Actress)
|Favourite Food(s)||Black Cod Fish, Mexican Chicken|
|Favourite Film(s)||Titanic (1997), Gone with the Wind (1939)|
|Favourite Car||Porsche Cayenne|
|Favourite Destination(s)||London, Paris|
|Car(s) Collection||Tata Indica, Ford Ikon, Audi A4|
- Does Riya Sen smoke?: Yes
- Does Riya Sen drink alcohol?: Yes
- Riya’s father “Bharat Dev Varma” belongs to Tripura’s royal family.
- She hails from the family of actors; as her grandmother “Suchitra Sen” was a Bengali and Hindi film actress. Her mother “Moon Moon Sen” was also an actress and her sister “Raima Sen” is a model and actress as well.
- Her mother is actively involved in politics and has also served as a Member of Parliament from Bankura, West Bengal Constituency on a TMC (Trinamool Congress) ticket.
- Riya and her sister “Raima Sen” use the surname of her maternal grandmother “Suchitra Sen.”
- She made her first on-screen appearance in 1991 as a child artist in the Bollywood film ‘Vishkanya’ as Young Nishi.
- At the age of 16, Riya got the recognition as a model from Falguni Pathak‘s music video ‘Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi’ in 1998.
- She has endorsed various products and brands like Lakme, Keo Karpin Body Oil, Reliance, Nirma Lime Fresh Soap, Close Up Toothpaste, Colgate Toothpaste, Gitanjali Jewellery, Dabur Vatika Hair Oil, Limca, Agni Jewellery, etc.
- She has also done modelling for various popular fashion designers like Ritu Kumar, Manish Malhotra, Neeta Lulla, Raghuvendra Rathore, Ranna Gill, JJ Valaya, Arpan Vohra, etc.
- Riya is trained in Kathak dance and is still pursuing it under ‘Vijayshree Chaudhury.’
- She got a breakthrough role in 1999 in the Tamil film ‘Taj Mahal’ as Machakanni.
- She also acted in a short film ‘Lonely Girl’ (2017) as Radhika Kapoor and in a web series ‘Ragini MMS: Returns’ (2017) as Simran.
- Riya Sen has worked in various languages like Hindi, Tamil, Bengali, Malayalam, English, Telugu, and Oriya.
- During the shooting of ‘Shaadi No. 1’ (2005) in France, she got unconscious after being accidentally run over by the motorbike of a stuntman, but she was not injured seriously.
- The public persona of “Riya Sen” is compared to her mother “Moon Moon Sen”, who was seen as a sex symbol of her time.
- Riya underwent a detoxification period in 2007 in Bangkok for addiction to chocolates.
- In 2007, Femina Magazine ranked her ninth among ’50 Most Beautiful Women.’
- She was one of the jury members of ‘Mr India 2008’ contest finale.
- She has appeared on the cover of various magazines like ‘Enlighten India’, ‘T3’, ‘Stylespeak’, etc.
- Riya has been working as an activist and appeared in an AIDS awareness music video with the aim of dispelling popular myths about the AIDS.
- By the year 2017, she was the only female face to be featured on the annual calendar for five consecutive years, i.e., 2003 to 2007.
- She is a certified yoga teacher and trainer.
- Riya is also an avid dog lover.