|Profession||Civil Servant (IPS officer)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Indian Police Service|
|Cadre||• Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands Police Service (DANIPS) (1995-2009)
• Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram and Union Territory (AGMUT) (2009-Present)
|Major Designation(s)||• Additional Deputy Commissioner of the Delhi Police
• Deputy Commissioner of the Economic Defence Wing, Delhi Police
• Chief Vigilance Officer of South Delhi Municipal Corporation
• Deputy Commissioner of Police Security TRG, New Delhi
• Deputy Commissioner Of Police of Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi
|Date of Birth||1 July 1968 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||55 Years|
|Educational Qualification||A bachelor's degree in Arts from a college in Bihar Bureaucrats India|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Anjana Om Kashyap (news anchor)
|Children||He has a son and a daughter.
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Salary||In 2022, Mangesh Kashyap was promoted to the Selection Grade (Level-13 in the Pay Matrix). Ministry of Home Affairs|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mangesh Kashyap
- Mangesh Kashyap is an IPS officer who was appointed as Additional CP- Security, Delhi Police in 2023. He is the husband of news anchor Anjana Om Kashyap.
- After completing his graduation in Arts in Bihar, he appeared in the Civil Services Examination.
- Following his two-year training in police services, Mangesh Kashyap began his career as an officer in the 1995 Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands Police Service (DANIPS) cadre. He was deputed to the Dehli Police on 1 May 1995.
- In 2009, he was inducted into the Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram and Union Territory (AGMUT) cadre.
- Throughout his career, he has held various notable positions, including Additional Deputy Commissioner of the Delhi Police, Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) of South Delhi Municipal Corporation, and Deputy Commissioner of the Economic Defence Wing (EOW), Delhi Police. Afterwards, he took on the role of Deputy Commissioner of Police Security TRG in New Delhi.
- In 2013, Supreme Court criticised politicians for using VVIP security and directed all state governments to provide details of security given to its political leaders and the expenditure it involves. It directed that security should be given to the PM, President, Vice President, Speaker, Chief Justice of India and similar counterparts in the states. The SC also criticised DCP Mangesh Kashyap for filing an affidavit that stated security to people holding higher posts is necessary to enable them to take “bold and impartial decisions. NDTV The SC said,
How our judgement beckoned bold due to security. That’s the level of understanding of the IPS officer.”
- In 2016, a conflict arose between the AAP (Aam Aadmi Party) administration and the BJP-controlled Municipal Corporations of Delhi (MCDs) when the AAP refused to accept the Union Home Ministry’s decision to appoint Mangesh Kashyap (from the DANIPS 1995 batch) as the Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) of the South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC). The BJP-controlled MCD had chosen Kashyap for the position, while the Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government had proposed the appointment of Bhajani Ram Meena, an IPS officer from the 1997 batch, as the CVO. However, the South Delhi Municipal Corporation rejected the Delhi Government’s proposal to appoint B R Meena as the CVO, leading to a dispute. Eventually, after receiving clearance from the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), Mangesh Kashyap assumed the role of CVO on 4 July 2016.
- In an interview, he shared his fondest memory as a Civil Servant, and said,
There are many such fond memories. However, the best memory was from my initial days when I had managed to crack a very sensational case. Three people were murdered along with the school principal. The principal was killed in front of the entire class. There was a lot of hue and cry. I managed to catch the culprit. It was a rewarding experience.”
- In 2023, while serving as DCP-RP Bhawan, he was promoted and transferred to the position of Additional CP-Security in the Delhi Police.
- A skilled pianist, Kashyap loves to play Hindi songs on the piano in his leisure time.