Marital Status: Unmarried
Height: 5' 10"
Age: 29 Years
|Full Name||Varun Sharma|
|Famous Role||'Chucha' in the film "Fukrey"|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 36 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Debut||Film: Fukrey (2013)
|Date of Birth||4 February 1990|
|Age (as in 2019)||29 Years|
|Birthplace||Jalandhar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Jalandhar, Punjab, India|
|School||• The Lawrence School, Sanawar
• Apeejay School, Jalandhar
|College/University||Institute of Technology and Future Trends (ITFT), Chandigarh|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Media, Entertainment and Film Technology|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Passed away in 2005)
Mother- Name Not Known (Former Head of Department for Fine Arts, Kanya Maha Vidyalaya College, Jalandhar)
Sister- Nilima Sharma (Younger)
|Favourite Food||Suji wale golgappe|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Diljit Dosanjh|
|Favourite Actress||Shraddha Kapoor|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood- Baazigar (1993)
|Favourite Comedian||Zakir Khan|
|Favourite TV Shows||American: Survivor, The Amazing Race|
|Favourite Cricketer||Virat Kohli|
Some lesser known facts about Varun Sharma
- Does Varun Sharma smoke?: No
- Does Varun Sharma alcohol?: No
- Varun follows a vegetarian diet and sleeps on the floor on a mattress. In an interview, he revealed that before he goes to sleep, he talks to his pillow.
- Varun Sharma obtained his bachelor’s degree in Media, Entertainment and Film Technology from ITFT Chandigarh. He made his debut in Bollywood in 2013 with “Fukrey.”
- Varun’s first film Fukrey was an unexpected hit because it didn’t have any big stars.
- Before entering the field of acting, Varun worked in television commercials. In addition, between 2013 and 2015, he acted in a number of films “Rabba Main Kya Karoon,” “Warning,” “Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon,” among others.
- In 2015, Varun Sharma worked in the Bollywood film “Dilwale” which was Indian cinema’s one of top-grossing productions.
- He has been seen in ad commercials for Virgin Mobile, Airtel, Ebay, Nissan Micra, etc.
- Varun Sharma was an assistant director to director, Nandini Shrikent for films like “Talaash” and “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.”
- In 2018, he acted in “Fry Day” and in 2017, he played the role of “Onida Singh” in the movie “Arjun Patiala,” which also starred Diljit Dosanjh and Kriti Sanon.
- Varun was seen on HistoryTV18’s show “Ice Road Truckers.”
- In 2013, he won the Star Guild Awards and Zee Cine Awards for his comedy in film Fukrey. He was also chosen as the Best Actor In A Comic Role by Bombay Times.
- In an interview, he mentioned that he was around seven years old when he watched “Baazigar” and heard the song “Ye Kaali Kaali Aankhen.” It was at that moment he decided that he wanted to be an actor.
- When he was in 10th standard, his father died due to kidney failure.
- He started acting when he was still in school. Sharma performed theatre at state- and national-level when he started his college. He used to do serious theatre roles in college.
- Contrary to the comic and outspoken roles that he often portrays, he is quite shy in real-life.
- He is good friends with actor Varun Dhawan.
- Had Varun not been an actor, he would have been a pilot or an aviation professional.
- When preparing for a role, he visits his character’s native place around 10 days prior to the shoot.
- He would love to share screen space with Salman Khan.
- When Varun was in school, his mother used to pack ‘aloo ke paranthe’ for lunch, but he liked to eat ‘kulche with cold drink.’ So, Varun used to sell his ‘paranthe’ to a friend for Rs 5 each.