|Full Name||Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||2002: Became an MLA from the Palitana constituency in Gujarat.
2012: Became a member of the Rajya Sabha from Gujarat.
2013: Became Secretary for State of Gujarat BJP unit.
2014: Became General Secretary of BJP.
2016: On 5 July, appointed as Union Minister of State for Road Transport & Highways (India), Union Minister of State for Shipping (India) and Union Minister of State for Chemical & Fertilizers (India) of India.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||1 June 1972|
|Age (as in 2017)||45 Years|
|Birth Place||Palitana, Bhavnagar, Gujarat|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Palitana, Bhavnagar, Gujarat|
|School(s)||Government Primary School Hanol, Palitana, Bhavnagar, Gujarat
Songadh Gurukul, Bhavnagar, Gujarat
Dantiwada Agriculture University Gujarat
|Educational Qualification(s)||A Post Graduate Degree in Political Science from Bhavnagar University
A Degree in Veterinary Science from Dantiwada Agriculture University
|Debut||In 2002, when he became an MLA from the Palitana Constituency in Gujarat|
|Family||Father- Laxmanbhai Mandaviya
Mother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||44 Sardarnagar, Vadia Road Palitana, Dist Bhavnagar, Gujarat|
|Hobbies||Bicycling, Reading, Travelling|
|Favourite Politician(s)||Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Narendra Modi|
|Favourite Leader(s)||Mahatma Gandhi, Vallabhbhai Patel|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Geetaben M. Mandaviya (Homemaker)
|Marriage Date||Year, 1995|
|Car Collection||Maruti Wagon R|
|Salary (as a Rajya Sabha Member)||INR 50,000/month + other allowance|
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 2 Crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mansukh Mandaviya
- Does Mansukh Mandaviya smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mansukh Mandaviya drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born into a middle-class farmer family in a small village named Hanol in Bhavnagar district of Gujarat.
- While in college, he joined Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).
- For his active role in the ABVP, he was appointed the head of state executive committee of ABVP.
- Recognizing his organizational skills, senior party leaders gave him the responsibility of Yuva Morcha of Palitana followed by the President of Palitana BJP unit.
- In 2002, Mansukh Mandaviya made headlines when he became the youngest MLA in Gujarat at the age of 28.
- In 2005, to promote Girl Education, he undertook 123 km long Padyatra for 45 educationally backward villages of Palitana.
- In 2007, with the slogan of “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao, and Vayasan Hatao,” he again organized a 127 km long Padyatra for 52 villages.
- In 2011, he was appointed the Chairman of Gujarat Agro Industries Corporation Limited.
- After becoming a Rajya Sabha member in 2012, Mansukh Mandaviya raised many significant issues of Gujarat in the Parliament.
- He has also been a member of many important standing committees of parliament like Chemical and Fertilizers, Petroleum and Natural Gas, etc.
- In 2015, during his tenure as the Rajya Sabha member, he got an opportunity to address the United Nation General Assembly.
- Mansukh Mandaviya was also a part of President’s Delegation for a three-nation visit to Namibia, Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire.
- He is an ardent advocate of environment-friendly practices, and to spread the message, he often bicycles to the Indian Parliament.
- Here’s a conversation with Mansukh Mandaviya: