|Real Name||Neeta Lulla|
|Profession(s)||Indian Costume Designer, Fashion Stylist, Couturier|
|Famous For||Designing the costumes of movie Devdas (2002)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||33-27-34|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||5 March 1965|
|Age (as in 2018)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Born in Mumbai but brought up in the city of Ahmedabad|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|University||SNDT Women's University, Mumbai
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||National Film Awards:
• Best Costume Design for Lamhe in 2002
• Best Costume Design for Devdas in 2009
• Best Costume Design for Jodhaa Akbar and Balgandharva in 2012
• IIFA Best Costume Design Awards (2000, 2009)
• Bollywood Movie Awards (2001, 2003, 2011)
• Zee Cine Award for Best Costume Designer in 2003
• Kingfisher Fashion Award (2005)
• Fashion Designer of the Decade Award at Satya Brahma (2016)
|Husband/Spouse||Dr. Shyam Lulla (a Psychiatrist)
|Children||Son- Siddharth Lulla (Director, Business Strategy)
Daughter- Nishka Lulla
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Fashion Icon||Meryl Streep|
|Favourite Designer||Alexander McQueen|
|Favourite Perfume||Angel by Thierry Mugler|
|Favourite Holiday Destination||Rome|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neeta Lulla
- Does Neeta Lulla smoke?: Not Known
- Does Neeta Lulla drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Neeta Lulla is one of the most triumphant Indian fashion designers in the industry known for her stunning collections.
- She is the only Indian fashion designer who has won four National Awards for her stupendous work.
- In her early years, she wanted to become a choreographer but her creative designing skills, natural sense for beautiful embellishments, and gorgeous fabrics changed her destiny and she became a well-known fashion designer in the Indian Fashion Industry.
- In her teens, Neeta was a tomboy and had not much interest in dressing and styling.
- It was when she started reading tabloids and magazines related to the fashion designing world that she started taking interest in fashion designing and decided to make a career in the same field.
- She had little interest in studies and to avoid her further studies, she got married at a very early stage i.e. at the age of 16.
- She started her career in the 1980’s as an assistant to Herman Trivedi (Designer) and then to Jeanne Naoroji (Indian Fashion Choreographer).
- After gaining knowledge and experience in the fashion industry, she began her own journey with a single sewing machine and a Kaarigar.
- She got her first Bollywood designing project for the film Tamacha in 1988.
- Lamhe (1991) was the movie that brought her immediate stardom in Bollywood.
- Lulla’s name associated inseparably with the Indian film industry after actresses Madhuri Dixit and Aishwarya Rai wore her outfits in the film Devdas in 2002.
- Lulla is the designer who designed for the wedding of Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
- She has also designed for Sridevi, Juhi Chawla, Shilpa Shetty, Salma Azad, Isha Koppikar, and others.
- Neeta has opened a fashion institute in Mumbai, “The Whistling Wood International Neeta School of Fashion”. This institute provides a wide range of courses in fashion, online marketing, and merchandising.
- In 2017, she designed the wedding and reception outfits of Bharti Singh (Indian stand-up Comedian).
- Today, Neeta Lulla is an international brand who has earned countless awards.
- She has designed costumes for more than 350 films and has served approximately 10 lakhs clients globally.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)