|Real Name||Murali Kartik|
|Profession||Former Indian Cricketer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 inches
- Waist: 34 inches
- Biceps: 18 inches
|International Debut||ODI- 24 February 2000 vs South Africa at Mumbai
Test- 16 March 2002 vs Zimbabwe at Hyderabad
T20- 20 October 2007 vs Australia at Mumbai
|Bowling Style||Orthodox Left Arm Spinner|
|Jersey Numbers||# 25 (India) In One Day international
# 77 (India) In Test match
# 11 (Domestics)
|Domestic/State Teams||Railways, Lancashire, Kolkata Knight Riders, Somerset, Pune Warriors, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Kings XI Punjab|
|Coaches/Mentors||M. K. Iqbal, Kapil Dev|
|Career Turning Point||In 2004-2005, he took 7 wickets against Australia through his magical bowling. This was the moment which added glory to his name and more international games for him.
|Date of Birth||11 September 1976
|Age (as in 2017)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|School||Sardar Patel Vidyalaya|
|College/University||Hindu College, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Bechelor in Commerse|
|Hobbies||Playing Golf, Travelling, Photography, Reading Books (Biography, Auto-Biography)|
|Controversies||• In his early days, he was banned from the National Cricket Academy for not following the diciplines.
• He faced lot of criticism after Mankading (A term in cricket which is used for run out the batsman who steps out before the completion of bowler action) Alex Barrow (Somerset player) in a match in 2012.
|Girls, Affairs & More|
|Marriage Date||September 11, 2003|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Favourite Cricketer(s)||Batsman- Steve Waugh, Sachin Tendulkar, V. V. S. Laxman
Bowler- Anil Kumble
|Favourite Beverage||Lemon Water|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood- Dil Chahta Hai (Produced by Farhan Akhtar)
Hollywood- Ben Hur (Produced by Sam Zimbalist)
|Favourite Song||Dil Chahta Hai (By Shankar Mahadevan)
|Favourite Cartoon and Comic Character(s)||Cartoon Character- Donald Duck (Created by Walt Disney Productions)
Comic Characters- Tintin, Thompson and Thompson
|Favourite Gadget(s)||BlackBerry, SLR Camera|
|Car Collection||Volvo Car|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Murali Kartik
- Does Murali Kartik smoke?: Not Known
- Does Murali Kartik drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Murali Kartik is a Tamilian Brahmin, rooted in Chennai and believes in customs.
- Earlier, he wanted to be a genetic engineer.
- His father was the man behind his cricket career, who encouraged him to play for the Indian Cricket Team.
- Before becoming an orthodox slow bowler, he was a medium pacer.
- In his debut match in 2002, he had not a proper shoe to play with at the time. Sanjay Bangar gave his spike to him.
- He had a great first-class career with the ball as; he took over 600 wickets in his first-class career. He picked up nine wickets in a single match in Irani Cup 2000 against Mumbai.
- He had been a world class spin bowler having unique ability to spin and bounce the ball but unfortunately, he disappeared under the shadow of Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh.
- He is fond of doing different things and has its own style of dressing. He has over 100 of different sunglasses.
- He is a spiritual and religious person, who believes in God. He is also an ardent devotee of Satya Sai Baba.
- V. V. S. Laxman is one of his close friends, He calls V. V. S. “Lachhi Mama”. He also presented a lovely tribute to V. V. S Laxman on his retirement.
- He looks every time wearing a necklace, which is given by his wife Shweta Kartik on their first wedding anniversary.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography