|Real Name||Natasha Poonawalla|
|Profession||Indian Philanthropist, Businesswoman|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Date of Birth||26 November 1981|
|Age (as in 2017)||36 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|School||St. Mary's School, Pune|
London School of Economics
Masters of Science (2004)
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriend||Adar Poonawalla (CEO of Serum Institute of India)|
|Husband/Spouse||Adar Poonawalla (CEO of Serum Institute of India)
|Children||Cyrus (born-2009), Darius (born-2015)
Mother- Minnie Aurora
|Favourite Food(s)||Salads, Grilled Meat|
|Favourite Designers||Manish Malhotra, Sabyasachi Mukhrjee, Varun Bahl, Manish Arora, Christian Dior, Paco Rabanne, and Christian Louboutin|
|Assets/Properties (approx.)||$8.5 billion|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹660 crores ($6.6 billion)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Natasha Poonawalla
- Natasha is the Executive Director of the ‘Serum Institute of India’ (one of the largest vaccine manufacturing companies in the world), and Chairperson of the Villoo Poonawalla Foundation.
- She is also the Director of the organizations- ‘Poonawalla Science Park’ in the Netherlands, and ‘Villoo Poonawalla Racing and Breeding Pvt Ltd.’
- During her graduation in Pune University, she attended summer programs at Cornell, Stanford and Harvard Universities in the United States.
- Natasha met Adar first time at Vijay Mallya’s New Year Eve party in Goa.
- Her husband Adar is the son of Dr Cyrus Poonawala who is the founder and Chairperson of Poonawala Group.
- According to Natasha, when she got married, she had no idea about the ways of handling the business of a biopharma company, so, initially, she decided to work as an intern in different departments of the organization.
- As per the opinion of Natasha, her late mother-in-law Villoo was the silent power, and strength behind the whole family’s success.
- After the death of her mother-in-law, she, along with her husband, started a foundation- ‘Adar Poonawalla Clean City.’
- With her aim to convert Pune into a model city, she installed (investing ₹10 crore) two pilot plants with a capacity to process four million litres water daily, which became possible with the advanced membrane technology to treat sewage water from rivers and convert it into the pure drinkable water.
- She started five schools having 2,000 kids, and also established the nonprofit hospitals in Pune.
- In order to remain fit, she does many things like workout, pilates, and a quick swim.
- She strongly believes in the ancient Indian ways of eating.
- Roohi Jaikishan, Shweta Bachchan Nanda, and Kaajal Anand are her close friends.
- She is an avid traveller and doesn’t miss any fashion week or event.
- She loves flying, as per her opinion, at that time she can relax fully without phone and internet.
- She has a dream to open more educational institutions and health care centres instead of profit-making institutions.
- Her company ‘Serum Institute of India’ sells vaccines at low rates for needy people.
- Bill Gates and Melinda Foundation are the partners in her social welfare causes.
- According to Forbes Magazine’s Richest Billionaire List 2015, her father-in-law Dr Poonawalla is India’s 11th richest person, and the 208th richest individual worldwide.
- Her husband Adar has decided to spend ₹100 crore from his personal funds to address garbages in his city Pune.
- She, along with her husband, started a biogas plant in Talegoan in Mawal Taluka (Pune), which has the capacity to process over three hundred tonnes of waste, making it the largest biogas plant in India.
- Their clean initiative also includes taking discarded buses and renovating them to provide 3-4 toilets and 1 or 2 shower cubicles plus a waiting lounge for women at a nominal cost.
- Her husband’s father Cyrus Poonawalla has purchased an old maharaja’s mansion in Mumbai from the U.S. government for around $113 million dollars, which is (according to media) is the most expensive ever residential acquisition in the country.
- Here’s an interesting video about Natasha Poonawalla’s biography: