Naveen Jaihind Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Other name||Pandit Naveen Jaihind Pandit Naveen Jaihind|
• Yoga trainer
• Social worker
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)
|Political Journey||• Joined Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) after 2011 Indian anti-corruption movement
• Contested the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from the Rohtak constituency on a ticket from Aam Aadmi Party
• Appointed as the convener of Haryana by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in 2016
• Contested the 2019 Lok Sabha elections on a ticket from Aam Aadmi Party in alliance with Jannayak Janta Party (JJP) from the Faridabad constituency
• Resigned as the Aam Aadmi Party's Haryana convener in February 2020
|Date of Birth||1 June 1981 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhainsru Kalan village, Rohtak, Haryana|
|College/University||Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana|
|Educational Qualification||PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) in Physical Education from Maharshi Dayanand University (2013) MyNeta|
|Caste||Brahmin The Tribune|
• 1 charge related to Voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty (IPC Section-332)
• 1 charge related to Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property (IPC Section-420)
• 1 charge related to Forgery for purpose of cheating (IPC Section-468)
• 2 charges related to Punishment for Rioting (IPC Section-147)
• 2 charges related to Every member of unlawful assembly guilty of offence committed in prosecution of common object (IPC Section-149)
• 2 charges related to Danger or obstruction in public way or line of navigation (IPC Section-283)
• 2 charges related to Obstructing public servant in discharge of public functions (IPC Section-186)
• 2 charges related to Assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty (IPC Section-353)
• 1 charge related to Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant (IPC Section-188)
• 1 charge related to Punishment for cheating (IPC Section-417)
• 1 charge related to Using as genuine a forged document or electronic record (IPC Section-471)
• 1 charge related to punishment of criminal conspiracy (IPC Section-120B)
Arrested for Assaulting Deputy Registerar at a University: In December 2022, Naveen Jaihind was taken into custody for allegedly attacking Deputy Registrar Amit Sindhu at Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences in Rohtak, Haryana. According to sources, Jaihind, along with 80-100 people forcefully entered the university premises and physically assaulted Sindhu. The incident took place while Sindhu was engaged in the process of verifying the documents of Haryana candidates for a nurse selection. Naveen talked about this in an interview and asserted that the document verification was being conducted in a biased manner and that he had only raised his voice against it. The Tribune Naveen Jaihind, in the interview, said,
Have I committed any rape or murder, I have only raised my voice saying the process was not going in a fair way. Haryana has the highest unemployment rate and I raised their voice." The Indian Express
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Swati Maliwal (Chairperson of Delhi Commission for Women)
Note: Naveen Jaihind divorced Swati Maliwal in 2020.
|Parents||Father- Dharm Parkash|
• Cash: Rs. 10,000
• Bank Deposits: Rs. 61,023
• LIC or other insurance policies: Rs. 83,760
• Jewellery: Rs. 18,624
Note: The given estimates of movable assets are according to the year 2019. It excludes the assets owned by his wife and dependents (minor). MyNeta
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 1 lacs
Note: The net worth was for the financial year 2019. It excludes the net worth of his wife and dependents (minors). MyNeta
Some Lesser Known Facts About Naveen Jaihind
- Naveen Jaihind is an Indian politician, yoga trainer, and social worker. He is a supporter of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). Naveen has held many positions in the party including that of State Convenor and Spokesperson.
- Growing up, Naveen was inspired by the valiant efforts of freedom fighters like Bhagat Singh, Ashfaqulla Khan, Chandra Shekhar Azad, and Subhas Chandra Bose. Driven by a deep desire to serve his nation and keep their legacy alive, he added ‘Jaihind’ to his last name. Pandit Naveen Jaihind
- Naveen was an avid sports enthusiast during his college days. He had even represented Maharshi Dayanand University at a national level.
- While studying at Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Naveen actively participated in various political campaigns. In 2011, he became part of the Indian anti-corruption movement, popularly known as Anna Andolan, where he had the opportunity to become acquainted with Arvind Kejriwal. His association with Kejriwal eventually led him to become a member of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
- Naveen worked closely with Arvind Kejriwal, primarily as an RTI activist. Although he was a strong candidate for the Aam Aadmi Party’s chief ministerial position in the 2014 Assembly elections, Naveen chose not to contest. The Indian Express
- In 2014, Naveen contested the Lok Sabha elections from the Rohtak constituency on a ticket from Aam Aadmi Party; however, he was defeated by Deepender Singh Hooda of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Naveen’s Lok Sabha candidacy in 2014 received a boost in public attention when Arvind Kejriwal presented him with a Wagon R, signifying a gesture of confidence and backing.
- The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) appointed him as the convener of Haryana in 2016.
- Naveen is a vocal proponent of increasing recognition for the Brahmin community, which he believes has been historically neglected in both social and political spheres. In an interview, he emphasised the need for greater recognition of the community and said,
Despite living in a state of penury, the community showed direction to the society and the history is evidence to this fact. But the social and political neglect has further pushed the people of the community in deeper crisis.” The Tribune
- Naveen Jaihind, in 2019, encouraged members of the Brahmin community to safeguard themselves from the Haryana government led by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) following Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar’s threatening comment to Harsh Mohan Bhardwaj, a former member of the Haryana Staff Selection Commission. According to Naveen, Manohar Lal Khattar threatened to cut off Mohan’s neck when he attempted to crown him in a ‘Jan Ashirwad Yatra’ in Barwala, Haryana. Naveen talked about this in an interview and said,
Now, I urge my Brahmin brothers to pick up an axe against Khattar and throw him out of the power in the upcoming elections. The BJP will hit our necks, if it is voted to power again. The Brahmin leaders need to raise voice against Khattar. I want to tell the CM that pride is more important for Brahmins than the party ticket. We are living in a democratic country. We have ideological differences, but we are not enemies. Khattar’s statement shows that he considers his opponents as his enemies.” Hindustan Times
- In 2019, he contested the Lok Sabha elections on a ticket from Aam Aadmi Party, in alliance with Jannayak Janta Party (JJP), from the Faridabad constituency. Naveen, however, lost the elections.
- Naveen Jaihind stepped down from his position as the Aam Aadmi Party’s Haryana convener in February 2020.
- He operates an NGO named ‘Jai Hind Morcha’ (established in 2009) in Haryana, which works on a variety of issues in the field of Advocacy and Research, Human Rights, Civic Issues, Disaster Management, Education and Literacy, HIV/AIDS, Right to Information, Sports, Youth Affairs, and many more.
- He is frequently seen smoking hookah on different occasions.
|↑1, ↑8||Pandit Naveen Jaihind|
|↑2, ↑6, ↑7||MyNeta|
|↑3, ↑10||The Tribune|
|↑5||The Indian Express|
|↑9||The Indian Express|