|Full name||Satyendar Kumar Jain Delhi Assembly Portal|
|Famous for||Being one of the seven cabinet ministers in the Government of Delhi led by Arvind Kejriwal|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party
|Political Journey||• 28 December 2013: Member of the Delhi Legislative Assembly
• 14 February 2015: Cabinet Minister, Government of Delhi
• 28 February 2023: Resigned from the Delhi government India Today
|Portfolio||Health & Family Welfare, Industries, Home, Power, Water, Urban Development, and Irrigation & flood Control|
|Date of Birth||3 October 1964 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||58 Years|
|Birthplace||Village Kirthal, District Baghpat, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Village Kirthal, District Baghpat, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Ramjas School, No.2, Delhi|
|College/University||The Indian Institute of Architects, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Architecture from the Indian Institute of Architects, Mumbai Delhi Government Portal|
|Address||E-1032, Saraswati Vihar, Delhi -110034|
|Hobbies||Reading and Travelling|
|Controversy||In May 2022, he was arrested by ED in a money laundering case. The Indian Express In June 2022, after conducting raids at his residence, the Central Bureau of Investigation and the Enforcement Directorate accused him of using his family members, including his two daughters, to mislead the probe agencies. According to the probe agencies, Satyendar Jain’s wife and two daughters received crores in the garb of businesses from companies linked to Satyendar Jain. India Today|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife||Poonam Jain Getty Images|
|Children||Daughters- Soumya Jain and Shreya Jain
|Parents||Father- Ram Sharan Jain
Mother- Name Not Known
Note: Satyendar Kumar's father died due to COVID-19 on 2 May 2021.
|Assets/Properties My Neta||Movable Assets
Cash: Rs. 1,15,000
Deposits in Banks: Rs. 12,97,200
Bonds, Debentures and Shares: Rs. 1,28,77,867
NSS, Postal Savings: Rs. 47,15,328
LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 7,44,168
Personal loans/advance: Rs. 24,53,470
Motor Vehicles: Rs. 1,93,290
Jewellery: Rs. 22,00,000
Agricultural Land: Rs. 1,50,00,000
Non Agricultural Land: Rs. 12,00,000
Residential Buildings: Rs. 4,00,00,000
Loans due to Individual/Entity: Rs. 74,28,470
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 7.33 Crores My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Satyendar Jain
- Satyendar Jain is an Indian politician who was appointed as the Cabinet Minister in the Government of Delhi by the Aam Aadmi Party on 14 February 2015. Soon after his appointment, he started working in the portfolios of Health & Family Welfare, Industries, Home, Power, Water, Urban Development and Irrigation & Flood Control. He was appointed as the Delhi Health Minister for the third time in 2020.
- Soon after completing his formal education, Satyendar Kumar Jain worked at the Central Public Works Department (CPWD). Later, he decided to set up an architectural consultancy firm and quit his job. In 2011, he participated in Anna Hazare‘s movement against corruption, and he later ventured into Indian politics.
- Before venturing into politics, Satyendar Kumar Jain was associated with several social welfare organizations such as Drishti, an organisation that help the visually impaired, and SPARSH, an organisation that works for the welfare of the physically and mentally challenged.
- From 28 December 2013 to 14 February 2014, Satyendar Kumar Jain served as the Health & Family welfare, Gurudwara Elections and Industries Minister. In his second tenure, from 14 February 2015 to 13 February 2020, Satyendar Kumar Jain worked in the Health & Family Welfare, Industries, Home, PWD, Power, Water, Transport, Urban Development and Irrigation & Flood Control departments.
- In 2016, Soumya Jain, the daughter of Satyendar Kumar Jain, came into the limelight when she was given the charge of Delhi’s prime project in which free treatment for walk-ins is provided by the management, and it is organised in nearly 100 mohalla or neighbourhood clinics in Delhi. She was designated as an advisor to the health secretary-cum-mission director of the National Health Mission. Satyendar Kumar Jain was blamed by the opposition party leaders for providing a cosy position to his daughter who had no experience in the medical field and was an architect. Harish Khurana, a BJP leader said,
This exposes the real face of Kejriwal, and this is not the first time Aam Aadmi Party or AAP volunteers and workers have been given cozy positions in the government.”
Soon, Satyendar Kumar Jain clarified in a media conference that his daughter was working as a volunteer with the Delhi Health Mission. He said,
She has secured admission in IIM Indore, but she is leaving all that to serve the people of Delhi. Soumya is involved with the Delhi Health mission as a volunteer. She has not been provided with any vehicle, house or money by the government.”
- In 2017, he was charged by the CBI in a money laundering case and was accused by the Enforcement Directorate (ED). In 2018, he was interrogated by ED again, but the lack of evidence halted the progress of the case. In 2017, Delhi minister Kapil Mishra accused Satyendar Jain of settling Rs. 50 crore deal with the brother-in-law of Arvind Kejriwal. Zee News Kapil Mishra blamed,
Satyendar Jain (Delhi Health Minister) himself told me that he managed a Rs 50 crore land deal in Chhattarpur (south Delhi) for Kejriwal’s brother-in-law. The deal was finalised for the Bansal family.”
- In 2020, Satyendar Kumar Jain contested the Delhi assembly elections and was re-elected from the Shakur Basti Constituency for the third time with a margin of 7,592 votes.
- Reportedly, Satyendar Kumar Jain is a close associate of the Aam Aadmi Party supremo Arvind Kejriwal.
- When the COVID-19 pandemic hit India in 2020, Satyendar Kumar Jain travelled to all the hospitals in Delhi to keep an eye on the management who were dealing with the COVID-19 patients. Satyendar Kumar Jain tested positive for COVID-19 on 17 June 2020. In the same month, his departments were taken over by Deputy CM Manish Sisodia; however, Satyendar Kumar remained the minister of the cabinet without any department. He was given plasma therapy on 20 June 2020 at a hospital in Saket residential colony in Delhi. Later, his condition improved.
- In 2022, Satyendar Kumar Jain was appointed as the in charge of the Assembly election in Himachal Pradesh.
- At the beginning of 2022, in a public press conference, Delhi Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal stated that he had received the information that some governmental agencies were plotting to arrest Satyendar Kumar Jain before the 2022 Punjab Legislative Assembly election. In a conversation with a media house, Satyendar Kumar Jain stated that he was ready to get investigated by the Enforcement Directorate. He said,
They (ED) are welcome to come whenever they want. Even before this, they have raided me twice but all has been in vain. This is all politics and they did it during the last Punjab elections also. ED, CBI all are welcome. I am ready, if they want to arrest me, they can arrest me.”
- In May 2022, Satyendar Kumar Jain was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate in a 2017 case. Soon after his arrest, Manish Sisodia, Delhi deputy chief minister criticised the arrest and said that Satyendar Kumar Jain was arrested in a fake case. During 2015-16, an investigation by the Enforcement Directorate revealed that Satyendar Kumar Jain owned money worth Rs 4.81 crore when he was serving as a public servant. The Indian Express This money was received by him from some shell (paper) companies against cash transferred to Kolkata-based entry operators through the hawala route. This money was used for the direct purchase of land or for the repayment of loans taken for the purchase of agricultural land in and around Delhi. Aaj Tak CBI reasoned,
- On 31 May 2022, Arvind Kejriwal talked about Satyendar Jain in a media conference and said that he had personally read all the documents, which were fake and fraudulent. Kejriwal added that he had a very honest government. The Indian Express He said,
I have personally read Satyendra Jain’s case filed by the ED and it is completely fake. All the actions that have been taken by centrally maintained agencies are politically motivated. And in this case, also Jain has been targeted because of political reasons. We have a very honest government, which neither tolerates nor does corruption. This case will not last long, the truth always wins in the end. We have faith in our judiciary.”
- Soon after the arrest of Satyendar Kumar Jain, poet Kumar Vishwas Tweeted on the whole matter.
- Satyendar Kumar Jain likes travelling to all the countries across the world in his leisure time.
- Satyendar Kumar Jain remains very active on various social media platforms. He is followed by over 20.5k people on Instagram, and his Facebook page is followed by more than 110k people. He often shares pictures and videos of the Aam Aadmi Party and its political propaganda on social media.