Nivedita Joshi Saraf Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Husband: Ashok Saraf
Age: 58 Years
|Other name||Nivedita Ashok Saraf Instagram - Nivedita Ashok Saraf|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Hair Colour||Dark brown|
|Debut||Film (Hindi): Apnapan (1977; as a beggar)
Film (Marathi): Navri Mile Navryala (1984; as Kaladevi Inamdar)
TV (Hindi): Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi (1984; as Rekha)
TV (Marathi): Bhikaji Rao Karodpati (1990; as Bhikaji's wife)
Theatre (Marathi): Tilak–Agarkar
|Awards||• 2019: Won Best Mother Award for Zee Marathi's TV series 'Aggabai Sasubai' at Zee Marathi Utsav Natyancha Awards
• 2019: Won Best Mother-in-Law Award for Zee Marathi's TV series 'Aggabai Sasubai' at Zee Marathi Utsav Natyancha Awards
• 2019: Won Best Daughter-in-Law Award for Zee Marathi's TV series 'Aggabai Sasubai' at Zee Marathi Utsav Natyancha Awards
• 2019: Won Best Jodi (as Abhijeet-Asawari) Award for Zee Marathi's TV series 'Aggabai Sasubai' at Zee Marathi Utsav Natyancha Awards
• 2021: Won Best Mother-in-Law Award for Zee Marathi's TV series 'Aggabai Sasubai' at Zee Marathi Utsav Natyancha Awards
• 2022: Won Best Supporting Actress Award for Colors’ Marathi’s 2018 TV series ‘Bhagya Dile Tu Mala’ at the Big Marathi Entertainment Awards
|Date of Birth||10 January 1965 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||58 Years|
|Birthplace||Bombay (now Mumbai)|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts YouTube - Rajshri Marathi|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1990|
|Children||Son- Aniket Saraf (chef)
|Parents||Father- Gajan Joshi (Marathi actor) (died at the age of 40)
Mother- Vimal Joshi (interviewer and presenter at Akashvani) (died in 2021)
Sister- Meenal Joshi (teacher)
|Food||Fish curries, Varan Bhaat, Vatana Usal, Kalvan Bhaat|
|TV series||Manifest (2018)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nivedita Joshi Saraf
- Nivedita Joshi Saraf is an Indian actress, who is known for working in the Marathi and Hindi film industries. She is famous for playing the role of Asavari Kulkarni in Zee Marathi’s TV series ‘Aggabai Sasubai’ released in 2019.
- She began working as a child actor in the Hindi and Marathi film industries at the age of 10.
- After debuting as a child actor in the Hindi film ‘Apnapan’ released in 1977, she appeared in two more films Hindi films titled ‘Jalan’ and ‘Parivartan.’
- She worked in the 1985 Hindi film ‘Ardhangi.’ She appeared as Chutki Singh in the 1987 Hindi action thriller film ‘Naam O Nishan’ in which Sanjay Dutt was cast in the lead role. In 1987, she appeared as Rajni Mathur in the Hindi crime film ‘Marte Dam Tak’ starring Raaj Kumar and Govinda. In 1988, she worked in the Hindi film ‘Ghar Mein Ram Gali Mein Shyam’ in which she appeared as Kamla. In the same year, she worked in the Hindi film ‘Sarvashrestha’ in which she played the role of Madhuri. In 1991, she played the role of Seema in the Hindi action drama film ‘Narsimha’ in which Sunny Deol was cast in a lead role. She appeared in a supporting role as Sunita in the Hindi action comedy film ‘King Uncle’ in which Jackie Shroff and Shah Rukh Khan were cast in lead roles. In 1999, she played the role of Radha in the film ‘Sar Ankhon Par.’
- In 1984, she worked in the Marathi film ‘Gharcha Bhedi’ in which she played the role of Aarti Joshi. She played the role of Gauri Wakade in the 1985 Marathi film ‘Dhum Dhadaka.’ She appeared in the 1987 Marathi romantic film ‘Kashasathi Premasathi’ as Tanuja Sardesai. In 1988, she worked in the Marathi film ‘Kiss Bai Kiss’ in which she played the role of Archana. In 1989, she worked in the Marathi comedy-drama film ‘Balache Baap Brahmachari’ in which she played the role of Meenakshi Aasankar. She played the role of Yashoda in the 1994 Marathi drama film ‘Majha Chakula.’ In the 2011 Marathi film ‘Aata Ga Baya,’ she appeared in a negative role as Manee’s stepmother. She played the role of an age-housing society member in the 2013 Marathi Film ‘We Are On! Houn Jau Dya.’ She appeared as Raghav’s mother in the 2015 Marathi Drama film ‘Deool Band.’
- In 2010, she played the role of Naina’s mother in StarPlus’ TV show ‘Sapno Se Bhare Naina.’ She appeared as Suman Purohit in StarPlus’ musical-romantic TV series ‘Phir Bhi Na Maane…Badtameez Dil,’ which was released in 2015. In Colors TV’s 2019 drama series ‘Kesari Nandan,’ she played the role of Bhakti Singh.
- She was cast in a lead role as Padmini Shrikant Inamdar in the Zee Marathi’s TV show ‘Bandhan’ released in 2006. In Zee Marathi’s 2016 TV show ‘Duheri,’ she played the role of Dushyant’s mother. In 2021, she appeared in Zee Marathi’s TV show ‘Aggabai Sunbai,’ a spin-off series of ‘Aggabai Sasubai’ in which she played the role of Asavari Raje. In Colors Marathi’s 2022 TV series ‘Bhagya Dile Tu Mala,’ she played the role of Ratnamala Mohite.
- Before working in the Hindi and Marathi entertainment industries, she worked in many Marathi theatrical productions including ‘Akhercha Sawall,’ ‘Premachya Gava Jave,’ and ‘Shrimant.’ After she got married to Ashok Saraf, she took a long break from acting and 15 years later, she began to continue acting in theatrical productions. Some of the theatricals productions in which she has worked are ‘Hasat Khelat,’ ‘Vahto Hi Durvanchi Judi,’ ‘Vegal Vhayachay Mala,’ and ‘Sangeet Sanshay Kallol.’
- She is the wife of Ashok Saraf, a well-known actor and comedian. She is 18 years younger than him. They got married at Mangeshi Temple, Goa and since then they have considered Mangeshi Devi as their Kuldaivat. The Times of India
- She has worked together with her husband in many Marathi films ‘Navri Mile Navryala’ (1984) and ‘Ashi Hi Banva Banavi’ (1988). She has also worked with him in many theatrical productions.
- Her husband is often called the Samrat Ashoka of the Marathi Film Industry.
- In 2017, there were death rumours about her husband, Ashok Saraf; however, Nivedita Joshi Saraf rubbished all the rumours and said that he was completely fine.
- In an interview, she talked about a childhood incident and said that after the demise of her father, her mother had to work hard for the upbringing of her two daughters and did not have time to talk to her daughters. Later, she revealed that this childhood memory of hers is the reason why she took a long break from acting when she was pregnant with her son as she did not want her son to go through what she dealt with. She said,
When I got married to Ashok Saraf, I decided to take a break from acting while pregnant. I often felt that my baby should not have what we went through as children. Ashok was busy with films at that time so it was never possible for him to give time to his son. That’s why I took this decision. I didn’t want to take away my son’s happiness because of my passion for acting.”
- In an interview, she talked about her fitness regime and said that out of 7 days a week, she walks for three days, practices yoga for the next three days, and one day is for resting.
- After she went on a hiatus from acting for more than 10 years, she started her own clothing brand named ‘Hansgamini.’ In 2020, she exhibited her Delilah collection of sarees at an exhibition organised by Funability, a group of enterprising women brought together by actress Shilpa Tulaskar.
- She has a YouTube channel called ‘Nivedita Saraf Recipes,’ which she created on 3 April 2020. On her YouTube channel, she posts cooking videos and has more than 250k subscribers.
- In an interview, while talking about cooking, she said that she did not know how to cook before she got married. After getting married to Ashok Saraf, she used to talk to her mother on the phone for cooking tips; however, later cooking became her passion. She also shared that she has quit eating street food instead she cooks all the street food dishes at home.
|↑1||Instagram - Nivedita Ashok Saraf|
|↑2||YouTube - Rajshri Marathi|
|↑3||The Times of India|