Husband: Sanket Upadhyay
Hometown: Delhi, India
Age: 40 Years
|Real name/Full name
|Palki Sharma Upadhyay Palki's Instagram Account
• News Anchor
|Being the former Journalist, News Anchor, and Managing Editor at 'World Is One News' (WION)
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth
|29 May 1982 (Saturday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|Pilani, Rajasthan, India
|Loreto Convent, Tara Hall, Shimla
|• ICG Institute for Educational Research & Development
• Alliance Francaise de, Delhi
|• Master's Degree in Communication and Journalism from ICG
• Certified C1 French Learner from Alliance Francaise de, Delhi
|Reading books, Cooking, and Interior Designing
|Relationships & More
|Sanket Upadhyay (journalist)
|Daughter- Manya Upadhyay
Note: She has a son.
|Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|• Indian Summer by Alex Von Tunzelmann
• Angela's Ashes by Frank Mc Court
• The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
• In Other Rooms and Other Wonders by Daniyal Mueenuddin
• Love In A Blue Time by Hanif Kureishi
Some Lesser Known Facts About Palki Sharma
- Palki Sharma Upadhyay is a renowned Indian journalist. According to an online report, on 2 September 2022, she quit the WION News channel as its Managing Editor.
- Palki S Upadhyay was born and brought up in a well-to-do family. Reportedly, her father is a former well-known Indian cricketer, and her mother is a famous beautician.
- In 2002, Palki S Upadhyay began her career in journalism with Doordarshan, India’s largest broadcasting television network, as a news anchor, where she used to host regional and national television programs. Apart from working as a host on Doordarshan, she was assigned the tasks of shortlisting, formatting, and writing stories on current affairs on the channel.
- In 2004, Palki S Upadhyay joined Hindustan Times and started working as a Staff Writer. She used to write stories on civic and social issues in the newspaper. She worked with Hindustan Times for a year and was given an additional charge of reviewing films and copy-editing segments of its Jaipur edition.
- In May 2005, Palki S Upadhyay started working with India’s largest English-language news television channel ‘CNN-News18’ as an Anchor and Senior Editor. She worked with this new channel for over ten years and handled various news and chat shows; interviewed various famous personalities of the country including cabinet ministers, opposition leaders, business heads, social activists, artists, authors, sports stars, film stars, and young achievers. Apart from being an anchor, she used to handle the writing, formatting, and presentation work of the channel. During her tenure at ‘CNN-News18,’ she used to review books for IBNLive.com, and she often conducted live online chats related to various current affairs and public interest.
- In 2007, Palki S Upadhyay was honoured with the Best News Reader Award. In 2020, she received the ‘Best International News Show’ in English award for ‘Gravitas’ at News Broadcasting Awards (ENBA).
- In 2016, Palki S Upadhyay joined iTV Network news channel and raised as a successful anchor and journalist of the year.
- According to Palki S Upadhyay, she likes painting pots in her leisure time. Reportedly, she is a multi-talented lady who loves to keep her involved in many artistic works.
- During her short tenure at iTV network, Palki S Upadhyay became popular for holding daily debates and discussions on a variety of issues such as politics and its policies. According to her colleagues at iTV network, she used to guide and train them. She interviewed many trending personalities and contributed to daily news plans.
- In an interview with a media house, Palki disclosed that she liked the story of her parents’ love marriage. She added that she liked listening to their love story, repeatedly. In the same discussion, Palki S Upadhyay continued by saying that she would love to pen their story if she ever got the chance in future.
- Palki S Upadhyay is a big lover of saree and is crazy about collecting them for various events. This love and ardent desire for sarees motivated her to start her own saree brand named Revya. This passion for sarees is reflected in her saree design.
- Palki S Upadhyay is known for covering the news of Iraqi refugees and Tibetans in India. She was the first correspondent from India who covered Barack Obama‘s presidential campaign in the United States.
- Once, in a media conversation, Palki S Upadhyay disclosed that she was living a joyful family life after her marriage. She said that before marriage, she was restricted by her parents to work during odd hours as a correspondent. However, after marriage, Palki S Upadhyay was allowed to rush out during odd hours whenever some breaking news hit the headlines, to cover the same.
- On 2 September 2022, Palki S Upadhyay left WION, an Indian multinational English news channel headquartered in New Delhi, after working for three years as Managing Editor. The Free Press Journal