Marital Status: Married
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pappu Khanna
- Pappu Khanna is an Indian choreographer who mainly works in Bollywood.
- Pappu received training in Kathak from his guru Badri Prasad Awasthi for around 11 years.
- He has also learnt group dance from a dance academy for one and a half years.
- He began his career in the early ’80s as a slow dancer in a Gujarati film.
- Pappu started his career as a choreographer with a Punjabi film. He choreographed songs for the Punjabi films Lambhardarni (1976) and Sarpanch (1982). Later, he started receiving offers to act in the films.
- Pappu was a part of group dance in films like Don (1978). He was picturised playing the flute in the song Ee Hai Bambai Nagariya Tu Dekh Babua from the film.
- Pappu has choreographed the songs for films like Damini (1993), Guddu (1995), Ghatak (1996).
- He has also worked as a choreographer in the Bollywood films Nikaah (1982), Jai Kishen (1994), Lal Baadshah (1999), and Babuji Ek Ticket Bambai (2017).
- He choreographed the songs of the Marathi film “Kay Re Rascalaa” in 2017.
- In 2017, he was awarded the Dada Saheb Phalke Academy Award for his contribution to the Indian film industry as a choreographer.
- Khanna’s daughter won the crown of Mrs India Queen in 2019.
- Pappu has also worked as a choreographer in many Bhojpuri films.
- Khanna has choreographed the dance steps for many Bollywood stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra, Jeetendra, Akshay Kumar, and Shah Rukh Khan.
- His first salary as a choreographer was Rs. 101.
- Pappu loves watching cricket.
- He has founded a dance academy named Dance Sensations in Andheri, Mumbai.
- In 2021, Khanna appeared in The Kapil Sharma Show along with the cast of the Punjabi film Bhoot Uncle Tussi Great Ho (2021).